Biotest

I Have VD and I Want to Share It

Just started the Velocity Diet again for the first time in about 4.5 years or so.
I was going to start it a while back, but I was too far gone for it to be worth it.
Got up to 230lbs at 5’5" a couple years ago. Dropped down to 190 with a lot of life changes; got my head out of a shitty place etc.

Started the first day yesterday, weighing in at 190. Just had the first shake of day 2. It’s more filling than I remember from the last time I did it, and the milled flax seed isn’t nearly as bad as I remember it (I think because it’s an organic brand maybe???).

I lost the 40lbs pretty slowly and consistently before this, using Wendler’s 5/3/1 and have been at 190 for about 2 months now, even after ramping up the calories a bit for about a month. I think this is a good time to give a nice boost to the fat loss.

I didn’t use the HOT-ROX last time, and I’m using it this time. I swear these are good-mood pills. :smiley: Loving them just for the energy and overall good feeling I got from them so far.

Looking forward to the improvements on the V-Diet from the last time I tried it. I think I even modified it from before, so this time I’m going strictly by the book (article ;-)).

Looking forward to following your progress!

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/f/b/fbb86_ORIG-7_4_11_front_and_side.jpg

Here’s front and side yesterday. I’ll see if I can find any 230lb pics, but they’re not going to be relevant to the Velocity Diet.

Days 1 and 2 were surprisingly easy. Hardly any hunger issues at all. If I remember right, the third day was one of the hardest. Just had my first shake, and feeling full and satisfied.

Umm, day 3 is not nearly as bad as I remember it years ago. Did you guys improve Metabolic Drive since? If I remember correcly though, I think I skipped on the milled flax seeds last time, so that might have something to do with it, but I’m not hungry at all right now, 3 shakes in.

Anyway, weight training is still going great. Have lots of energy and nearly no hunger throughout the days so far. Good deal.

I also have a good, emptyish feeling in my lower belly/intestine area. Feels good.

I had a lot of problems before when trying this when I was a lot heavier, keeping the shakes down. I think it was because my gurd/acid reflux was bad from my gut being so big. It kinda put my stomach at an angle, if that makes sense, and caused more stomach acid to easily start going up where it shouldn’t.

None of that at all this time. :smiley:

Weighed in at the gym today. Was at 186 on the same scale, same time of day, same clothing.
Seeing a change in the mirror already, just 4 days in.
It may be too soon to weigh in, but I was glad with the results, even if it’s mostly water weight. :slight_smile:

Still no issues at all with hunger.

Issue with hunger about an hour ago…should have expected after the workout today.
Nothing too bad, but making food for my kids was rough.
This 4th shake helped a lot though, since it had the Superfood and flax seeds.

Going great.

Look forward to following your progress.

Best V-Diet log title I have seen in awhile. Well played sir, well played.

Sleep problems last night. Went to sleep around midnight and got up at 4:30AM. Nothing woke me up, I was just awake, and not super hungry.

Not wanting to spread too much time between shakes since it kinda screwed up the schedule, I waited a couple hours before the first one, and a little longer between the 1st and 2nd. seemed to work out pretty good.

Hunger kicking in a bit, but still seems nothing like the first time I did the v-diet.

Also, it’s not umm, coming out the way it did the first time either. Before it came out almost the same way it goes in. This time, everything’s still solid and easy. :slight_smile: thought everyone would want to know that.

I think it might be getting absorbed better. I had bad acid reflux before and not at all this time, even with the natural PB (which used to trigger it bad before).

I think losing the initial weight before starting this helped a lot. Seems like a good time to do it now.

I’m on day five, the first work out I was ready for and had my Wts figured pretty well. Wed. It seemed I went light on everything. So today I wanted to get it right sooooo. Since I love to DL. I thought 225 would be good. 9000 lbs later my traps were burning and I was walking kinda shakily. It felt like someone pulled the plug on my energy tank. I used 85s on the decline bench and my left arm was going to failure before my right arm was done so I only got 35 reps in. Pull ups I got forty in using only body wt. I was pretty much done by then and only got ten reps of the walk outs. I just don’t have any energy today. This is the first I have felt like this. Hope it is temporary, I started the week out at 215 and weighed in at 203 this morning. I seem to be dropping a pound a day for the last two days. Jerry

[quote]ddociam wrote:
I’m on day five, the first work out I was ready for and had my Wts figured pretty well. Wed. It seemed I went light on everything. So today I wanted to get it right sooooo. Since I love to DL. I thought 225 would be good. 9000 lbs later my traps were burning and I was walking kinda shakily. It felt like someone pulled the plug on my energy tank. I used 85s on the decline bench and my left arm was going to failure before my right arm was done so I only got 35 reps in. Pull ups I got forty in using only body wt. I was pretty much done by then and only got ten reps of the walk outs. I just don’t have any energy today. This is the first I have felt like this. Hope it is temporary, I started the week out at 215 and weighed in at 203 this morning. I seem to be dropping a pound a day for the last two days. Jerry[/quote]

Yeah my deadlift/decline DB bench/lat pull/ab walkout day drained me! Deadlifts went well, then my energy bombed with the db bench. had to lower the weight after the 2nd set from an already light(ish) weight.

I extended the rest periods a little halfway through and it seemed to help a lot.

Weighed in at 182 today, after drinking lots of water and half of my Surge at the gym. Pretty happy with that.

Hunger is not as bad today as it was yesterday. Also got 8 hours of sleep last night, which is longer than normal even when I wasn’t dieting. Guess my body made up for the night before.

I did the v challenge this morning after wreighing in at 201. Down 14 lbs from Monday. Yea pretty happy about that. The challenge looks pretty easy on paper, but it’s another thing altogether on the gym floor. I got through four sets and was rescued by wife calling saying our weekend company had arrived. I could have finished but it would have put me over the edge for recovery. So four was good. I thought this fifty seven year old body was in better shape. I am adapting to the diet pretty well but my energy level got pretty low yesterday and today. I wonder if that is common and if it gets better as we get further into the diet. Next week I should get more out of the Wts as I figure out the Wts better. Jerry

Holy will power test today! Went to my cousin’s graduation party, and my aunt’s italian restaurant catered it.
People telling me how spicy the chicken riggies were, how good the pizza, wings and greens were all day.
Not to mention all the free beer, wine and liquor that was there.

I even had to fill up my wife’s plate, with extra stuff on it for my daughters.

The cravings passed, and I went to my car and drank my shake about 1 hour in. Stayed for about 4 hours so my next meal was coming up soon after we left.

Glad I didn’t cave in. It was very tempting though.

Finished my reeses peanut butter cup…I mean, my chocolate Metabolic Drive with natural PB an hour ago, and now it’s off to bed.

Tomorrow is my first HSM. Think I’m going with a steak, steamed veggies and something else that I will think of as I browse the HSM meal threads.

Nice work on the willower. We have company, your will power helps. Jerry

HSM had to be rushed. I had steak thawing in the fridge but couldn’t make it, so it went back in the freezer. Got called to help my parents pack up some stuff to help them move out of their house they’re selling.

Ended up having chicken that was boiled in vinegar with a whole bag of steamed veggies (the ones that come in a microwave bag), half of one of those 100 calorie bags of beef jerky and half of a banana. Got pretty full before I could finish both the jerky and banana.

The chicken tasted great. Put a tablespoon of a pre-made soy sauce marinade on the veggies.

Read the title and came into this thread thinking you have venereal disease and want to share it lol

A little ‘by the way’. With the workouts, I switched Tuesdays and Thursdays with Saturdays and Sundays because instead of the challenge I am doing a bootcamp/calisthenics class at the gym. It lasts 45 min. which is a little longer than the v-challenge, but it really motivates me and kicks my ass. 2nd day of it was today, and it feels great, haven’t had any extreme hunger cravings from over-doing it or anything.

Still going great. Getting hard to actually finish my shakes some times, and especially the last one mixed with peanutbutter.

Weighed in at 182 still at the gym. 2 1/2 weeks to go, then transition phase.

I just had the shake like I normally would, and I eat the two tablespoons of peanut butter separately.

Same here, eating the peanut butter alone was SOOO much better imo. Really helped the first few days too.

yeah, just as I was going to do just that (eat the PB and shake separate) I caught myself starting to mix it in a bowl already. Thought of it a few seconds too late. meh, still got it all in.

accidentally left my baggie with my Flameout and fiber supplements at home when I left for work, so I was short 3 Flameout and 2 fiber. No biggie. I had one extra when I got home.

Did seem to get more noticeably hungry about 30 min. before my 4th shake yesterday, but nothing horribly bad.

Still going good, and even though I know I’m weighing myself too often, still weighed in at 182 this morning at the gym.