Biotest

Hydrolyzed Casein Versus Whey In Mag-10 and BCAA Structured Peptides

Can anyone give me the rationale behind the use of hydrolyzed casein in Mag-10 and Plazma, but hydrolyzed Casein in BCAA structured peptides?

Since the casein is hydrolyzed, I assume that it is as fast absorbed as whey (since it is the unique structure of whole large casein polypeptides that slows absorption rate).

Pretty sure there’s a typo that should’ve been “… whey in BCAA…”. I’d figure it’s because whey has naturally higher leucine content than casein, making it easier to get an ideal (high leucine) ratio for the BCAAs.

Yep, hydrolyzed casein is as fast, if not faster, absorbed as whey. And has higher protein efficiency.

Again, you can always e-mail Biotest Customer Service (Service@Biotest.net) for any ingredient-based questions.

Separately and unrelated to this question, because there are no private messages on the forum, you can e-mail me when necessary (Mods@Biotest.net).

First, thanks for your response Chris.

But BCAA Structured Peptides gets 23% of its amino acid (by weight) from leucine (1.175 out of 5 grams), and you have stated before on this forum that a serving of Mag-10 has 5 grams of Leucine which would be 25% (5 out of 20). So at least based on that info, BCAA Structured Peptides have no more leucine than Mag-10 by protein weight. Are you sure that a serving of Mag-10 has 5 grams of Leucine?