Biotest

HSM and Going Out to Eat

Hi Chris,

I’m on day 18 and feeling great. Last Tuesday I was down 13 pounds. I’ll weight myself again tomorrow morning and am looking forward to the results. Tomorrow is also my HSM day. I plan on going to a restaurant, a first for me since I began to change my habits. I looked up the menu and planed what I’ll order so I don’t get tempted. I know to ask about how veggies are prepared and to stay away from sauces, but I was wondering if you have any other tips. I go out a lot in my “normal” life so learning how to eat right in a restaurant is important for me.

Thanks for everything!

Congrats on your V-Diet success so far!

Eating out can be tricky, but it sounds like you have a good plan. I always went with a small steak, a “naked” baked potato and a side of veggies, which you may have to ask about and request they be steamed.

Tell them you’re celiac (even if you’re not) to make sure no wheat gets slipped in there. Wheat can re-trigger cravings and overeating. That means avoiding beer too, so if you want a drink have wine instead (one glass).

Thanks so much! I didn’t read your post before I went but I think I did okay. I’m bummed I didn’t know I could have a glass of wine! I had a salad, roasted chicken, snow peas, and wild rice (healthiest carb side they had). I had unsweetened iced tea and a small side of grapes when I got home. It was super hard not to order mashed potatoes but I’m proud of myself for not.

Alcohol can bring fat burning to a halt, at least for a little while it’s in your system, but a glass on a night out once a week for an HSM is okay. Something to look forward to as you get tired of just shakes!

Your meal selection sounds right on the money!