Biotest

How's the V-burn Challenge For You?


#1

…Did mine last night and died on the 4th circuit. I was just over 20 minutes, but felt like a lung was going to come out of my chest. I need to rethink my goals for this thing. Next week I am just trying to complete it. And then try to get to about 30-35 minutes for the entire thing by the end of the diet.

Day 8 and I am down 6lbs. Feeling good.


#2

i think you should try completing one circuit, then take a rest, circuit rest. take as much rest as you need, but it is important you complete it i think. took me almost 40 my first time and 2nd i did in 26. it will get better. Just my .02 on the matter…


#3

[quote]f-cann96 wrote:
i think you should try completing one circuit, then take a rest, circuit rest. take as much rest as you need, but it is important you complete it i think. took me almost 40 my first time and 2nd i did in 26. it will get better. Just my .02 on the matter…[/quote]

I don’t doubt that. It would have been better if I had gone into it with that plan, but I did a face plant on the walk-outs on the 5th circuit–just too embaressed to hang in the gym after that.


#4

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:
f-cann96 wrote:
I don’t doubt that. It would have been better if I had gone into it with that plan, but I did a face plant on the walk-outs on the 5th circuit–just too embaressed to hang in the gym after that.[/quote]

Failure isn’t falling down, failure is not getting up. I underestimated how hard it would be too, but realized after the second circuit that I needed to slow down or I wouldn’t make it. You’ll get it next time!

FWIW: I puked around the 4th circuit (too much water), caught my breath, and finished the last two. A little dizzy, but finished in 34:14. :slight_smile:


#5

I started with the beginner level and it was very tough at first. After a while though, I really noticed improvements on the pike pushups and hand walkouts. Now, I can do the intermediate routine and can do hand walkouts from standing instead of from knees. It’s a great workout.


#6

I’m not looking forward to my first circuit, that much I can tell you:)

Hopefully my flirtation with crossfit will make it not so “bad”


#7

[quote]Reaper Man wrote:
I’m not looking forward to my first circuit, that much I can tell you:)

Hopefully my flirtation with crossfit will make it not so “bad”[/quote]

I am in pretty good shape and seriously underestimated it. I would say take you time the first week and just complete it.


#8

[quote]f-cann96 wrote:
took me almost 40 my first time and 2nd i did in 26. it will get better.[/quote]

I noticed a time difference too: 28 the first time, 20 the second. It’s got me mulling over whether to bump up to the Intermediate V-Burn.

I didn’t think the first set would be that bad, but I got my butt handed to me pretty well in comparison to how I thought I’d do.


#9

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:
f-cann96 wrote:
i think you should try completing one circuit, then take a rest, circuit rest. take as much rest as you need, but it is important you complete it i think. took me almost 40 my first time and 2nd i did in 26. it will get better. Just my .02 on the matter…

I don’t doubt that. It would have been better if I had gone into it with that plan, but I did a face plant on the walk-outs on the 5th circuit–just too embaressed to hang in the gym after that.[/quote]

thats where the Ipod comes handy, music pumped loud act like no one can see you. or you could do it at home, you dont need a gym for any of the v-burn begin to advanced. now if you get embarrassed at home, nuthin we can do about that! you’ll kick its ass next week.


#10

#11

#12