Biotest

How to Make It Through?


#1

OMG! This is not for everyone

Day 4 and I feel nauseous from all these shakes… The constant after taste is causing me to have a headache… I am not in need of something to eat, I’m in need of not drinking shakes, LOL! I’m gonna try to tough it out but, I am struggling over here… Help me out fellas… What things helped you guys make it through?


#2

keep on. i was the biggest pansy the first 4 or 5 days. EVERYTHING not just the shakes made me want to puke, but something happens after that first week. your body gets used to it, your tastebuds get used to it. its been smooth sailing for me ever since…well pretty smooth. force yourserlf to get through the first week and i swear it gets easier.

MR


#3

Just remember, there’s a 19 year old college girl kicking ass with the V-Diet and Transition right now:

Sounds kinda sexist I know, but whenever I feel something is tough when it comes to diet or training, I always think of the Figure girls who are just doing it and kicking butt. I mean, if a girl can do it…

The girl linked above, from the MWA Physique Clinic, is Sarah, down about 23 pounds so far. She’s pretty inspiring, even for the big tough guys.


#4

BTW, here’s Sarah’s before and midway pics…


#5

… and here she is currently. Not there yet, but close.


#6

I’m on day 3 here. And I feel your pain! Once I get to my PM shakes I have to choke it down and I feel like I’m going to explode!!
Try mixing the shakes with a ton of ice and eat it with a spoon. It gets kinda watered down, plus you get to crunch on some ice.

Also, maybe buying some flavored extracts or sugar free syrups. I’ve heard the chocolate and mint extract is to die for and the Vanilla with some cinnamon is a differnt taste for your palate. Load up on your water to get that taste out of your mouth!! Keep it up! Only 24 more days!! ; )


#7

I just never considered the option of NOT completing the diet + transition. The first week was a bit rough, but that all went away by day 6 for me


#8

Yeah, after the first week, the diet becomes second nature. Its easy for me to say going into week 4, but hang in there. The results come slowly but surely.


#9

My seceret weapon is gum. Not a lot of gum, just two sticks of sugarless trident during the times that I most likely to wander to the kitchen for a snack.

Oh, and lots of ice water.


#10

I’m on Day 12. I like what Dan John said: tell yourself, “I’ll quit tomorrow.” Figure, you’ve already started today, you’re already a few days into this thing; don’t waste it all and make yourself feel like crap by quitting!

I agree with what others have said: week two does get easier. I think partly because your body and mind are more acclimated by then, but for me, as much as anything, after investing this much time and getting some pretty exciting results already, I’m not about to give up now. I want the full results AND I want bragging rights!

Hang on – it’s worth it.


#11

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
Load up on your water to get that taste out of your mouth!! Keep it up! Only 24 more days!! ; ) [/quote]

Make sure you’re getting enough sodium.


#12

Just keep hanging in there, by the end of the first week it’ll be all good.

I know what you mean about the taste sometimes, but just brush your teeth or chew some gum!!

I probably eat 5-6 pieces of sugar free gum a day and give my teeth a quick brush 3-4 times throughout the day.

Also find some nice tea you like, I have green + mint, green, lemon + ginger and rooibos teas and I cycle through them. Ristrettos are the business as far as coffee goes too, a good one is like butter.

Just take it shake by shake. Read Dan John’s thing I think he said he just said he’d cheat in an hour or tomorrow or something and then by the time that came around he had regained composure.

You gotta prepare yourself! Diet jelly, sugar free gum, sugar free drink and so on …


#13

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:

Make sure you’re getting enough sodium.[/quote]

How much is enough?


#14

I found a particular flavor of Metabolic Drive was more likely to make me feel this way during the first week - funnily enough it was Vanilla. If you have multiple flavors try cycling through them and/or mixing them together. This effect eased for me after day 4/5 but never completely went away.

Also, ice cubes and a blender should definitely be your friend if you’re not already doing that in all the shakes you can.


#15

Seriously:

(1) Buy new clothes for the smaller you. Money motivates people. Imagine having to give all those clothes to Goodwill, because you can’t wear 'em.

(2) Promise to eat dog food in front of someone if you cheat. I promised all my classes and they watch me like hawks!

(3) Keep a rubber band on your wrist and really snap that sucker when you’re tempted. Make it hurt!

(4) Promise a large donation to a charity you really care about if you go the full 28. My charity is orphans in China: www.halfthesky.org

(My daughter is adopted from China.)

All the Best!
HH


#16

make pudding with the shakes :slight_smile:


#17

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
Just keep hanging in there, by the end of the first week it’ll be all good.

I know what you mean about the taste sometimes, but just brush your teeth or chew some gum!!

I probably eat 5-6 pieces of sugar free gum a day and give my teeth a quick brush 3-4 times throughout the day.

Also find some nice tea you like, I have green + mint, green, lemon + ginger and rooibos teas and I cycle through them. Ristrettos are the business as far as coffee goes too, a good one is like butter.

Just take it shake by shake. Read Dan John’s thing I think he said he just said he’d cheat in an hour or tomorrow or something and then by the time that came around he had regained composure.

You gotta prepare yourself! Diet jelly, sugar free gum, sugar free drink and so on … [/quote]

umm…diet jelly and gum were NOT part of the original diet…gum makes you think about food and has calories and diet jelly still has calories. if you’re bored and hungry go for a walk or read a book or split up your shakes so you can eat more often, that’s what did. or post on T-Nation :slight_smile: also drink lots of teas and diet teas without any carbs or calories, obviously don’t go crazy, and make sure you drink water as it’s filling. it’s really only 28 days. not that long.


#18

Thank you all for your words of encouragement… I’m hanging in there…


#19

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
umm…diet jelly and gum were NOT part of the original diet…gum makes you think about food and has calories and diet jelly still has calories. if you’re bored and hungry go for a walk or read a book or split up your shakes so you can eat more often, that’s what did. or post on T-Nation :slight_smile: also drink lots of teas and diet teas without any carbs or calories, obviously don’t go crazy, and make sure you drink water as it’s filling. it’s really only 28 days. not that long.
[/quote]

There are a lot of things that weren’t part of the original V-Diet that seem to have become acceptable and get the same results.

I’ve had a couple tablespoons of diet jelly twice and I had gum last time and it was fine. I still got all the taste changes and lost a stack of weight.

I agree that you can do this diet completely strictly (and I did last time minus the gum) but I also think that you have to prepare for if you get weak too. That seems defeatist I know but I’d rather have some diet jelly made up than be hitting some ice cream :slight_smile:

That being said I poured out the jelly last night because I felt bad for ‘cheating’ the V-Diet :stuck_out_tongue:

I jsut don’t feel that a few pieces of gum are that detrimental but willing to have my mind changed!!d


#20

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:

There are a lot of things that weren’t part of the original V-Diet that seem to have become acceptable and get the same results.

I’ve had a couple tablespoons of diet jelly twice and I had gum last time and it was fine. I still got all the taste changes and lost a stack of weight.

I agree that you can do this diet completely strictly (and I did last time minus the gum) but I also think that you have to prepare for if you get weak too. That seems defeatist I know but I’d rather have some diet jelly made up than be hitting some ice cream :slight_smile:

That being said I poured out the jelly last night because I felt bad for ‘cheating’ the V-Diet :stuck_out_tongue:

I jsut don’t feel that a few pieces of gum are that detrimental but willing to have my mind changed!!d[/quote]

it’s not necessarily that a few pieces of gum here and there are bad. it’s knowing that you have the willpower to give it up. about 4 months ago i was chewing a massive amount of gum. it didn’t make me fat but i wasn’t ripped either. i went to a low carb diet and kicked the gum habit completely. now i don’t touch the stuff.

it’s not bad per say but i’d rather not have any that way i know exactly what i’m putting in my mouth for the most part. and i discovered that it WAS possible to stop chewing it. i sound like a damn smoker. but the amount of gum i was chewing was insane. and you should not have thrown the jelly away you can eat it after the transition to healthy foods.