Biotest

How Often Can the V-Diet Be Done?

Just wondering… if you do 28 days of the V-Diet and another 28 days recovery(wheen yourself back on food)… can you repeat the process ad nasuem?

I’m on my 2nd round of V-Diet(lost 10kg first time round) and wondering if I could do this for a 3rd time before the year ends as well. Just unsure about the potential damage this could do to my metabolism.

Thanks.

I am similarly wondering about this. I just finished my first V-Diet, and want to go on another after I relax for a bit. I am thinking of taking a 2 week break then doing it again but I don’t know what the recommendations are. It is probably fine. Anyways I will keep my eye on this thread hopefully we can get an answer.

Chris says most people lose a few more pounds during the transition phase. Plus, if the diet worked correctly, you should have lost cravings for shitty foods. Why not wait another 6-8 weeks or so with your new eating habits to see if you lose the rest of the weight you want to?

IMO, I’d wait more than two weeks after finishing the V-diet before starting another one. But that’s just me.

Why not continue on the “V-diet light” which I think was something like one shake for breakfast, and one shake for dinner, as your last meal of the day, with three solid food meals during the day.

Out of curiosity, how much more weight do you want to lose?

Done correctly, there is no “damage” to the metabolism. Still, I like 4-6 weeks roughly between V-Diets. Let those new food likes and dislikes solidify.

Also, for those wanting to do longer V-Diets, always do the strict Transition instead. So, that makes it a 6 week diet really when you look at the strict 2 week Transition.

And as the above poster mentioned, the V-Diet Lite, which is really just a shake as the first and last meal of the day, is another good option for continued fat loss.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Done correctly, there is no “damage” to the metabolism. Still, I like 4-6 weeks roughly between V-Diets. Let those new food likes and dislikes solidify.

Also, for those wanting to do longer V-Diets, always do the strict Transition instead. So, that makes it a 6 week diet really when you look at the strict 2 week Transition.

And as the above poster mentioned, the V-Diet Lite, which is really just a shake as the first and last meal of the day, is another good option for continued fat loss.

[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I had limited my transition period to 1 week, and will opt to do the regressive keto diet instead of another velocity diet. I have lost 75 pounds and I’m about 20 pounds away from my goal which was set almost 2 years ago, and I’ve become a bit impatient. Sorry don’t mean to do any thread stealing :smiley: