Biotest

How Many Sets

Hi Guys, just started the V-Diet. I am on the second day of training. The program calls for 50 reps but does not specify how many sets. In the worksheet there are fields for 10 sets.

I can’t imagine doing 50 reps x 10 sets (500 reps?)

There are four exercises, I figured I would do one set of 50 reps each.

Anyone please specify. I just want to do it right.

You didn’t read the plan very well, I’m afraid. Read this, clicking on whatever level you’ve chosen:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/the_secrets_to_velocity_training#readmore

Okay, okay, I’m feeling super extra nice tonight. Here’s a breakdown:

Let’s break it down using Monday’s workout on the Intermediate program. Here’s what it says:

Total reps: 20 per exercise
Rest: 30 seconds between each set
Load: Heavy (4-5 RM)

Okay, the load is supposed to be heavy, so choose a weight that allows you to only get 4 or 5 reps on the first set. This should be a max, as in you can’t get 6 reps. Now, rest 30 seconds.

Then, using that same weight you used on the first set, do another set. You may only get 3 or 4 reps this time. That’s okay. In fact, the number of sets doesn’t matter, as long as you get 20 total reps for that exercise. Once you do, move to the next exercise.

So your sets might look like this as you work toward the 20 rep total on heavy day:

Set #1: 5 reps
Set #2: 4 reps
Set #3: 4 reps
Set #4: 3 reps
Set #5: 2 reps
Set #6: 1 rep
Set #7: 1 rep

That comes to 20 reps. If that takes you six sets, fine. If it takes you eight sets, fine. As long as you get your load right on the first set, you’re good to go.

Just remember to follow the rest period guidelines (note they’re pretty short), the tempo guidelines (lift fast) the weekly progressions (shorten the rest periods.)

thankyou. I don’t know how I missed that.