Biotest

How Long for Indigo-3G to Work?


#1

Just bought some sups including 1 container of Indigo-3G… Realised that this will only last for 2 wks… Will I be able to see if it works in this time and then order more if so or is it not enough time to tell?

Also, got some Plazma and realised that it would almost double my carb intake for the day if I took the recommended dose! I’m trying to cut on 2000cal/220p/150c/40f - does anyone use plazma while on cuts or should I save for a bulk? I’m 82kg estimate 14%bf 5’9


#2
  1. https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/indigo-3g-what-to-expect Note: This is an older article, but the info is about the same.

  2. Keep in mind that “a carb is not a carb,” meaning that the carbs in Plazma are very different than than carbs in, say, bread. They are in fact thermic in nature. Also, why are you cutting carbs when taking Indigo-3G which requires carbs to work?

Lastly, see this for info on dieting and workout nutrition: https://www.t-nation.com/training/fasted-cardio-eats-muscle See #6.


#3

Actually Chris, I would go beyond that and not myself really say carbs at the time of an Indigo-3G course are needed for Indigo-3G to “work.” Of course, does “work” mean getting the most effect one can see right at that moment, or working long term? Not exactly the same question.

The article covers much, but there’s more that might be useful for Mantra:

Indigo-3G does more than just, at the time of taking, help ability to handle carbs. It’s a much broader effect.

People’s metabolisms can and do change over time, from exposure to many things. Some of these changes are strongly associated with metabolic disorder, obesity, and diabetes as the worse end of the scale, or impaired ability to stay lean in a more moderate case.

These changes are measurable, involving specific signaling pathways. A very brief and partial summary is that while it’s possible for fat tissue to function simply as an energy depot with no impairment of overall metabolism, much more commonly that’s not the case, and adipose inflammation has very bad effects in the above regards. (Fat cells not only store fat, but also signal the rest of the body and affect the function of other cells and organs.)

Indigo-3G works very strongly towards correcting these abnormal conditions, specifically through restoring adversely-changed gene expression to the normal state.

If you want, you can use the Indigo-3G on your present plan and still evaluate whether you have an improvement, because the above changes will be effected even if carbs are not consumed while taking it. If you have problems in this regard, you’ll get the benefit and it should be quite noticeable after your course. You should also see the training benefits, making a comparison where diet and other supplementation is staying about the same.

However, as Chris says, effect would be even more noticeable if using carbs at the same time, and improvement in training would be considerably more if also using Plazma. The increase in proportion of carbs won’t be a problem.

On the specific macronutrients, there’s probably a typo: your figures add to 1840 calories, which is too low for your weight. I’d consider your planned 2000 to be a bare minimum.


#4

Thanks guys, you’ve convinced me.

If I add the recommendend dose of Plazma to workout will that be enough carbs?

Also the article says start with 4 pills 3x per day, the bottle says 4-6 once daily - which one do I go, is once daily enough?

Lastly, what is the “ideal” stack for cutting if money is no barrier?

Same question for bulking.

Thanks guys


#5

[quote]Mantra46 wrote:
Thanks guys, you’ve convinced me.

If I add the recommendend dose of Plazma to workout will that be enough carbs?

Also the article says start with 4 pills 3x per day, the bottle says 4-6 once daily - which one do I go, is once daily enough?

Lastly, what is the “ideal” stack for cutting if money is no barrier?

Same question for bulking.

Thanks guys[/quote]

  1. Yes. What many like to do is use Plazma for training, taking Indigo 30 mins before, then they keep carbs very low the rest of the day. For fat loss and the long term changes Bill wrote about, that’s a doable plan. For those wanting more muscle gain, many keep carbs up to least 300g (counting Plazma) for the day.

  2. As I wrote above, that linked article is older and contains the older label recs. Follow the current label for best results.

  3. This would depend on many things, but for fat loss or bulking, workout nutrition would be roughly the same. Plazma per label directions, then Mag-10 after training. Indigo-3G would be a staple. Micro-PA would also work with both goals.


#6

how did you get I3G ?


#7

[quote]cowboys8 wrote:
how did you get I3G ?
[/quote]

Should be back in stock in a week or two.


#8

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]cowboys8 wrote:
how did you get I3G ?
[/quote]

Should be back in stock in a week or two. [/quote]

holy crap, thank goodness I got in my order when I did.

Maybe I should pick up several bottles to just have on standby.

Do you often go out of stock on I3G?


#9

[quote]RDeschain wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]cowboys8 wrote:
how did you get I3G ?
[/quote]

Should be back in stock in a week or two. [/quote]

holy crap, thank goodness I got in my order when I did.

Maybe I should pick up several bottles to just have on standby.

Do you often go out of stock on I3G?
[/quote]

It happens sometimes, though Biotest does everything they can to prevent it.


#10

Chris - so how is this diet/timing

7am - 4 eggs + peas, 2 scoops MAG-10
730 - 15 minute bike ride
1030 - indigo 3G
11 - train & recommended Plazma serve
1215 - PWO: 2 scoops MAG-10, 100g blueberries
1245 - 250g chicken breast / 300g sweet potato / 100g brocolli
7pm - 200g salmon / 200g green veg

2300cals / 230P / 240 C / 40 F

on rest days i will just drop the Plazma and increase fat/protein to get to 2000cals.

thoughts on this for a cutting routine for someone my size?


#11

Looks pretty solid. I’d move the blueberries away from the post-workout Mag-10. Have them, just a little later.

Give it a shot. It really all comes down to having the plan, trying it, then adjusting along the way based on results.


#12

Thanks Chris.

I’ve just realised that 1 container of Plazma with the recommended dose lasts for 6 training sessions (ergo 1 week!) are there any bigger “bulk” Plazma containers bigger than 1.3kg?


#13

[quote]Mantra46 wrote:
Thanks Chris.

I’ve just realised that 1 container of Plazma with the recommended dose lasts for 6 training sessions (ergo 1 week!) are there any bigger “bulk” Plazma containers bigger than 1.3kg?[/quote]

Keep in mind that many find they only need two servings of Plazma per workout (pre and during.) Or, 3 serving for the toughest workouts and only 1 or 2 for “easier” short sessions.

But no, that’s the largest container. Another “budget” option is Surge Workout Fuel, which contains many of the same ingredients.


#14

Thanks Chris - what are the consequences of using Surge vs Plazma - i.e. what does Plazma have that Surge lacks?


#15

[quote]Mantra46 wrote:
Thanks Chris - what are the consequences of using Surge vs Plazma - i.e. what does Plazma have that Surge lacks?[/quote]

The labels are viewable at the T Nation store.


#16

Potato ok to have while on Indigo-3G?


#17

[quote]Mantra46 wrote:
Potato ok to have while on Indigo-3G?[/quote]

Of course.


#18

I read somewhere that you should avoid concentrated fruits while taking Indigo3G. I understand this means foods like Superfood, but is regular fruit still ok? Or should it be eaten as far away from taking I3G as possible? Thanks!


#19

[quote]Kaylamull wrote:
I read somewhere that you should avoid concentrated fruits while taking Indigo3G. I understand this means foods like Superfood, but is regular fruit still ok? Or should it be eaten as far away from taking I3G as possible? Thanks![/quote]

Most fruit and veggies and fine. We’re talking about very concentrated amounts, such as greens-type supplements.