Biotest

HOT-ROX Question

Preface: I’ve used Brain Candy daily, up until a few days ago, basically since it was introduced. So I’m used to plenty of caffeine.

I bought HOT-ROX awhile ago, and decided to start using it yesterday. I took 1 capsule about 730am, and a second at 4pm. I went to lift at 6pm. After just a couple sets, I started feeling nauseous. After my second exercise, I was nauseous enough that I didn’t feel comfortable lifting anymore. Basically felt shitty until I went to bed around 11pm.

So, I’ve got a couple questions. 1. Was my HOT-ROX afternoon timing potentially too close to my lifting session (can HOT-ROX cause nausea if taken before working out)? Would I be better off trying to take the second dose earlier, around 1pm? Or take 2 in the morning and none in the afternoon? My workout time is very consistent.

Generally speaking, we don’t recommend using Brain Candy and HOT-ROX in the same day, unless you’re very tolerant to stimulants. It could be that the addition of twice-per-day HOT-ROX pushed you a little past your tolerance level.

That said, a handful of people feel some temporary nausea if they take HOT-ROX on an empty stomach. (I’m one of them, and that oddly happens with black and green tea as well.) For them, taking it with some solid food, even a small amount, does the trick and they feel fine.

We don’t think your <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/hot-rox-extreme"target=“new”>HOT-ROX was taken too close to your workout. Many prefer to take it pre-workout for the energy boost and mood-elevating properties. Maybe your stomach was just too empty at the time? If you’re using a pre-workout bar, like Finibar, try taking HOT-ROX with the bar.

If only the afternoon dose is problematic, then yes, if you tolerate stimulants well then you could take two capsules in the AM dose. If it’s a caffeine tolerance level issue, consider <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy-caffiene-free"target=“new”>Brain Candy Caffeine Free.

That’s why I didn’t take Brain Candy on the same day. I discontinued the Brain Candy use 2 days before the first HOT-ROX dose. maybe i wasn’t clear on that part. my point about the Brain Candy was that i’m used to 300mg caffeine in a dose.

my pre-workout at the moment is a Surge, creatine, MAG-10 mix. i generally use another stim with it, but on this particular day did not.

I appreciate the suggestion to take it with food. I know the label says not to, and I didn’t know if it was because HOT-ROX has the potential to interact with other chemicals.

glad to hear the timing isn’t expected to be an issue. late afternoon is convenient for dosing. I’ll give it a second chance tomorrow!

Sorry, I did misunderstand you about Brain Candy.

Yes, sounds like you may just have the same sensitivity I do with HOT-ROX, which could be because of the yohimbine component I’m guessing. I took mine with a few bites of food and never had an issue after that. The fat burning effects won’t be decreased because you take it with food, but you may notice it takes a little longer to feel the extra energy. Still does its thing though.

Keep us posted. If the issue isn’t resolved, give us a call and we’ll take care of you, and then we can suggest some other things to help you reach your goals with your plan.

Just wanted to update my HOT-ROX experience so far. I stuck with 1 per day in the AM, until a couple days ago, when I finally added an afternoon dose. Haven’t noticed the negative effects I experienced that first day, and will probably double up my morning dose soon, for a total of 3 per day. The advice of taking it with a little bit of food seems to have helped, and it hasn’t decreased the stim effect at all.

Thanks for the advice!

Side note, Plazma is showing up today, can’t wait to try it out.

Thanks for the update, flip. Glad we could help you out.

Please keep us posted on your Plazma experience!

Just curious, are you also taking Indigo? I’ve been on the maintenance dose of Indigo for some time now and plan on starting HOT-ROX this week to kick fat burning up a notch.

I may incorporate indigo in the future, but at this point, I’d like to see how I respond to HOT-ROX by itself over a 2-3 month period. It’s significantly less expensive, so I’m hoping I can get the bang for the buck I’m looking for. I’ve never tried to cut fat before, and my avatar is essentially as fat as I’ve ever been, so I’m not expecting it to take much for me to get leaner.