Biotest

HOT-ROX Extreme Dose


#1

Ok, had HOT-ROX Extreme for the 1st time today. Probably should have had 1 to start but didn’t notice this advice until after. I had max dose 2 am 2 pm. I find them very intense, feels like I’ve been on speed all day! Does this effect wear off as you continue to take them or should I decrease my dosage to 1 am 1 pm?

If I decrease the dosage will there be a noticeable difference in weight loss?

Thanks


#2

I’ve never felt these hardcore speed all day effects that everyone talks about. I’ve only been taking them for a few weeks.

It says to work up to the Max dose, so if you can handle it, probably no point in decreasing it.

Maybe you feel the hardcore effects because you have other stimulants in the day.

LR


#3

No other stimulants at all. It just hit me like a freight train this morning and hasn’t stopped since! I guess I’m just very sensitive to them.

I think I’ll try 1am 1 pm tomoroow. Just don’t want to have a lesser effect of the fat burning.


#4

The feeling does go away somewhat after you’ve been using them a few weeks. I stopped taking them for a few months and just started again a bit ago. Same freight train feeling as the first time.


#5

Why are you taking them 12 hours apart like that? Maybe it’s just me but I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I took it at 1 or 2am. The label says to take them at least 6 hours apart so that’s what I do. I usually take the first dose around 8am and the 2nd dose around 4pm. Sure you’re not taking them evenly spaced but I don’t think stimulants are a great idea late at night. In my opinion, quality sleep is more important.


#6

[quote]allenkt wrote:
Why are you taking them 12 hours apart like that? Maybe it’s just me but I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I took it at 1 or 2am. The label says to take them at least 6 hours apart so that’s what I do. I usually take the first dose around 8am and the 2nd dose around 4pm. Sure you’re not taking them evenly spaced but I don’t think stimulants are a great idea late at night. In my opinion, quality sleep is more important.[/quote]

I read it as:

“I take 2 in the morning (am) and 2 in the evening (pm.)”

Who knows what he meant.

Oh the joys of using proper English.


#7

[quote]alisdair wrote:
Ok, had HOT-ROX Extreme for the 1st time today. Probably should have had 1 to start but didn’t notice this advice until after. I had max dose 2 am 2 pm. I find them very intense, feels like I’ve been on speed all day! Does this effect wear off as you continue to take them or should I decrease my dosage to 1 am 1 pm?

If I decrease the dosage will there be a noticeable difference in weight loss?

Thanks[/quote]

Those new to HOT-ROX Extreme should always start with 1 capsule in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, about 6 hours later.

Everyone is different. Most can take 4 capsules per day (2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon – the max dose for best results). But there are some who can only take 1 capsule in the morning. There are even some on the other end who can take 2 and then have a nap. So again, everyone is different in their level of personal tolerance.

If HOT-ROX is too much for you, then go ahead and take it with solid food or a protein shake.


#8

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
There are even some on the other end who can take 2 and then have a nap. So again, everyone is different in their level of personal tolerance.

[/quote]

That would be me. I can take two and chase it with a double expresso and not feel a thing. There are days that I wish I could obtain a jolt from stimulants but I guess I am not wired that way. Even so, I still take HOT-ROX Extreme with the hopes that it is still working even though I don’t feel it.


#9

I am one of those people who do not deal well with taking two at a time, I ended up puking my guts out about an hour after taking them. I felt like I downed 10 pots of coffee, my hands were shaky and then my stomach felt like it wanted to turn inside out.

I have found that I do much better taking 1 HRX every 4-5 hours eg; 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, I take GABA at 10pm and have no issues with going to bed and sleeping at 11pm. I am not doing the Vdiet any more, I decided that the get shreaded diet was a better match for what I wanted.


#10

Perhaps I’m a freak but I can take 2 in the morning (washed down with a Spike original) and another 2 in the afternoon (often with another energy drink) without much obvious effect. But I had to work my way up.

When I first took HRX I was jittery and bouncing off the walls and basking in the glory that I call raspberry burps (second in awesomeness only to raspberry fish oil burps). So if you felt such a strong effect from hitting the max dosage I’d certainly recommend working your way up.


#11

Put a post in another forum not realizing that this forum is more appropriate…

Been taking HRX for about 2 months (2 twice/daily). At first I got so freaked I had to actually lay down for a little to get a hold of myself. Got over that now and basically don’t feel shaky/jittery. Lost about 7 pounds in those 2 months and seemed to plateau.

Should people cycle off this stuff?


#12

[quote]mog16 wrote:
basking in the glory that I call raspberry burps (second in awesomeness only to raspberry fish oil burps). [/quote]

haha so true, probably the best description that i think could be come up with for the burps


#13

[quote]sconan1 wrote:

Should people cycle off this stuff?[/quote]

Very generally speaking, it’s usually a good idea to cycle off certain categories of supplements periodically. Fat burners and T-boosters for example.

So, yes, you may want to cycle off for a while. Here’s what I do: If I cycle off HOT-ROX I still like to be on something to give me an edge when it comes to body composition, but I don’t want to be on a supplement that contains the same ingredients.

So, I like Se7en when I cycle off HOT-ROX. (Yes, Se7en is marketed toward women, but it works for men too.) After a bottle of Se7en, I’ll go back to HOT-ROX.

Info: http://www.figureathlete.com/readArticle.do?id=1493100


#14

Thanks for the info. I saw the Seven at first and thought exactly what you wrote…Isn’t that for women?? I’ll give it a shot. I finally started to see ab definition then hit a wall. Probably have 5 pounds to go. I’m well defined everywhere else but around my waist.

thanks again.


#15

Is it possible to take more than the prescribed dosage. Maybe 2 HRX 3 times a day or 3 HRX 2 times?


#16

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:
Is it possible to take more than the prescribed dosage. Maybe 2 HRX 3 times a day or 3 HRX 2 times?[/quote]

No. Biotest always recommends the most effective, most powerful dosage. You won’t necessarily get better results by taking more. Four caps per day is max.

If you want a more profound effect, add an additional body composition changing supplement that doesn’t overlap with what’s in HOT-ROX already and doesn’t contain additional stimulatory properties. As mentioned above, Se7en is a good option for that. I don’t think it’s necessary though if you’re already taking HOT-ROX, but the two CAN be used together safely.


#17

I felt a bit warmer for about the first 3 times I took them. Also, I usually kept with the 6 hours apart recommendation rather than go with an AM/PM schedule. And enjoy the raspberry burps, delicious… well, better than regular fish oil anyways.


#18

I notice thats its supposed to be taken on an empty stomach. Due to the fact that I am constantly eating, or drinking a shakes It seems almost impossible. I have been taking them first thing in the morning and eating breakfast an hour later, is this enough time? and as for the afternoon, am I losing any effect by eating at 1:00, taking HOT-ROX at 1:30, then another shake at 2:00pm?

Its just hard to be doing anything on “empty stomach” while bulking.


#19

[quote]SkankerMD wrote:
I notice thats its supposed to be taken on an empty stomach. Due to the fact that I am constantly eating, or drinking a shakes It seems almost impossible. I have been taking them first thing in the morning and eating breakfast an hour later, is this enough time? and as for the afternoon, am I losing any effect by eating at 1:00, taking HOT-ROX at 1:30, then another shake at 2:00pm?

Its just hard to be doing anything on “empty stomach” while bulking. [/quote]

Firstly, although the recommendation does say that it should be taken on an empty stomach, it’s not gospel. You can take it with food no problem.

But here’s where YOUR biggest problem lies, if your “bulking”, why are you using HOT-ROX Extreme? Why not use Alpha Male, or Carbolin 19 or even 11-T??

LR


#20

conorh wrote:
I don’t usually like to ask dopey questions in the supplement threads, but I’m going to anyway.

I like using Carbolin 19 as I think it helps me not balloon up so much when I’m bulking. I’ve read people using HOT-ROX Extreme for the same purpose.

Now that the new HOT-ROX Extreme has Carbolin 19 in it, could I use it for the same purpose? I’m not particularly interested in getting ripped, but if I could put the brakes on the fat accumulation while also enjoying the stimulant effect, I think it’d be a good choice.

Thanks,

Conor

Yes, absolutely!

HOT-ROX Extreme also contains A7-E, which will work as well Carbolin 19, but in different ways, to preserve muscle mass.

What’s so cool about HRX is that it’s incredibly effective at preserving muscle while leaning out, and it’s equally as effective at minimizing fat gains while bulking.

It’s really is amazing.

You’ll also find that it makes you feel, for lack of a better word, “happy” – which makes your workouts a lot more productive.

This last part of the post came from Tim Patterson in the HOT-ROX discussion thread on 5-23-06 at 3:40 pm. . . .

so that is why I assumed this ok.