Biotest

Hot Fruit Compote

[center]Hot Fruit Compote (A.K.A. Sex in a Bowl) [/center]
[center] [/center]

Here’s a sweet, gooey, downright sensual recipe you can use to top almond flour pancakes or coconut-milk ice cream. It’s carby, sure, but it’s fruit-carby, so that’s okay on occasion.

Traditionally, a compote is made by simmering fruit in a sugar syrup. Here’s a version that’s still be a treat, but won’t make you fat.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of water (or white wine if you’re feeling naughty)

1 pound of dried plums (I like the “cherry essence” flavored plums)

1 pound or 1 package of dried apricots

1 can of unsweetened pineapple chunks (including juice)

1 can of unsweetened pitted cherries

1/3 cup Splenda

1 serving <a href="https://www.t-nation.com/free_online_store"target=“new”>Superfood

Directions

1. Simply toss all the ingredients except the Superfood into the slow cooker (Crock Pot) and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.

2. Mix the Superfood into a very small amount of water and stir, then add it into the compote. Stir and serve warm. You’ll know immediately why I call it “sex in a bowl.”

Hey Chris I’m pretty new to the site and have not seen any recipes with honey. Would this recipe work with honey or is honey a no-no?

[quote]Rousse22 wrote:
Hey Chris I’m pretty new to the site and have not seen any recipes with honey. Would this recipe work with honey or is honey a no-no? [/quote]

Well, honey is sugar, and we keep that very limited around here. And most store-bought honey is very very different than real, unprocessed “raw” honey.

In short, if you do use honey, get REAL honey (no honey from plastic bears) and use it very sparingly.

My last jar of raw honey – bought straight from the bee-keeper – lasted well over a year.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.