Biotest

Hot Coconut Rice Pudding

The slow cooker or Crock Pot is the handiest thing you can have in your kitchen besides a fork. Here’s my newest slow cooker recipe. This is a great recipe for those increasing carbs and using <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G to repartition those carbs toward muscle gains.

Coconut Rice Pudding

Ingredients

1 can of coconut milk, regular or lite, up to you. This is the type used for cooking Asian dishes and found in a can.

5 cups of unsweetened almond milk. This is the carton variety meant to replace cow’s milk, like Almond Breeze or Silk.

1.5 cups of jasmine rice, uncooked

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup Splenda or sweetener of choice

Instructions

Dump everything into your slow cooker, stir, set it to high, and cook for 2.5 hours or until the rice puffs, gets soft, and absorbs all the liquid. You may want to stir it once halfway through cooking.

Add cinnamon if you’d like. I eat mine with a scoop of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/metabolic-drive-low-carb"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive vanilla stirred in.

Enjoy.

Diet/Recipe Staples?

Wish my girlfriend enjoyed coconut. I used to hate it myself but these recipes are great! More for me though!

Chris, any chance you have some random hot drink recipes? With all this fat loss I find I am much colder!

No, no real recipes for hot drinks, though Metabolic Drive makes a pretty darn good hot chocolate! I add a little Da Vinci sugar-free syrup to mine, hazelnut flavor.

BTW, this recipe makes excellent cold spread. I use it for Dani’s sweet, wheat-free breads. (Recipes for those also in this forum.)

@Chris: I made this tonight with unsweetened vanilla flavored Almond Breeze Almond milk (instead of regular) & half a serving of Metabolic Drive Muscle Growth (added to half the batch) & more cinnamon than I can post about :)… ABSOLUTELY BOMB!!! Everything else was the same. Thank you for the recipe because it was bomb…I think I will be sneaking the other half into the Red’s game Saturday in my Lunch Bot :slight_smile:

Good to hear, Sput!

I’d almost forgotten about this recipe. Time to make a batch myself.

1/2 cup of artificial sweetener? Ouch.

@Orange: Use Vanilla unsweetened almond milk & you really don’t need it… I’ll probably make another batch tomorrow I’ve already eaten it all :slight_smile: