Biotest

Hooner's V Diet Log

[quote]hooner wrote:
Day 22
Workout was good, except lame on plank time. To hold plank position as long as possible, I pretend my body is a bridge and my little dogs are running to walk over the bridge (me), so they don’t fall in a ditch. Today the dogs would have had to jump, 'cause the plank bridge didn’t last long.[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry too much about it - I occasionally have days when I can barely do one of my planned exercises (be it for core, upper body push, lower body etc) but I find that I’m back to normal in my next workout. We’re only human (unfortunately) :wink:

And your overall progress has been great and that’s what counts!

spot on - had one of those days on monday. came back from the dead yesterday. keep up the good work!

Way to go man. Keep up the good work.

Day 23,
Thanks for the support guys!
Just shakes and more shakes today. One nice thing is going to the gym is easy now…I know my way around, feel confident doing my workout.

Day 24
I like workout days best. Feel like I’m doing something, more than NEPA and shakes. Finally liking strawberry shakes too.

don’t know what you’re talking about hooner… saw a bunch of posts demonising all the flavours bar vanilla, so i got a bunch of them, couple of chocolate and one strawberry. cracked open the strawberry in the third week and AW HELL YEAH tastes like a thick ol thickshake

can definitely agree with you on workout v rest days, though, for that getting-stuff-done factor

[quote]triskele wrote:
don’t know what you’re talking about hooner… saw a bunch of posts demonising all the flavours bar vanilla, so i got a bunch of them, couple of chocolate and one strawberry. cracked open the strawberry in the third week and AW HELL YEAH tastes like a thick ol thickshake

can definitely agree with you on workout v rest days, though, for that getting-stuff-done factor[/quote]

Yes that Strawberry is all thick shake strawberry yum.

Great job Hooner. Looks like you are having awesome results! I’m on day 5, and its good motivation reading your blog.
I also like the strawberry shakes with the flax seed. Pretend its strawberry seeds- whatever it takes, huh? Thinking I may have to order more.

Yes, great Ginacg02, pretending about the shakes and doing whatever to make them interesting is great. I am happy with my results for far. Happiest about lifestyle changes and felling/looking/living healthier. Keep it up, 1 day at a time.

Day 25
Another day of shakes, supplements, and NEPA. Getting used to attending social events and drinking water (lemon water even!) and ignoring the snacks. Last workout tomorrow, V Burn on Saturday, Weigh-in and measure on Sunday.

Day 26
Workout was good. Gym is nice and empty at 7:30 on a Friday night. Vburn tomorrow!

last workout, hooner? i think not! drop and gimme 2 more weeks!

seriously though, well done mate

So how was it? Are you glad you did it? I have enjoyed reading your post.

@ Triskele, dang, you are so right! 2 more weeks of transition, what, with meals everyday? Ok, I’ll do it.

V Burn today: 18:55! Taking names now.
Funny, an hour ago, I was sitting on couch on Saturday, all sunny and warm out, thinking gym was last place I wanted to be. I said, well, I’ll just put on shorts, etc…next thing I know I’m at the gym, now I’m feeling great. Sometimes it is just the first small step that is the hardest.

28 day measurements tomorrow.

@ggold005- Glad you are enjoying blog. Reading others really has been great for me too.
Yes, so glad, so worth it. I love just following the plan, ignoring and forgetting about food (except for the day before HSM meal, when I spend hours on internet planning menu Check out http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/ for great ideas. Plus HSM forum here on T-Nation is good.
Glad? I lost pounds of fat, inches of my belly, which is incredibly motivating. Most important, I have regained control of my health (including eating, drinking habits) and am back on the road to fitness.

Day 28
Weigh in & Measurements
Weight: 192.5 lbs - loss of 15.5 from start of 208.
Waist: 38.5" - loss of 4" from start of 42.5"
Upper leg (thigh) L- 23.5" - loss of 1.75"
Upper leg R - 24" - loss of 2.5"

28 days ago I wrote my goal was to lose 16 lbs and 5" off waist, so this was really close. Very happy with results.
You can see from photos I have a ways to go, but what a great start, thanks to the Velocity Diet plan.
Looking at those photos again, even my hair is thinner.

Before and after 28 days:

Each pic is 1 lb of fat. I lost 15.5 of them…in 28 days. No wonder V Burn Challenge is easier now. No longer wondering where the term lard ass comes from…

Day 29 (Transition Day 1)
Hey, transition workouts are different than regular V Diet ones! I should have read ahead. Anyway, went great.
Had to remind myself this is 1 HSM/day week.

Day 30 (Transition Day 2)
Shakes and 1 HSM. Healthy meals aren’t such a celebration when they are everyday. Having healthy meals frozen sure helps. Another great day.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.