Hooner's V Diet Log

This will be my V Diet Log.

Day 1
6am: 1 HOT-ROX.
7am: Shake 1, vanilla, great. 3 caps Rez-V
12:30pm: lunch shake
2:30pm: 1 HOT-ROX;
3:30pm:snack shake;
Had my first V Diet workout at 4:30pm. It took some trial and error to find the right weight, but not too bad.
Dumbbell Squat 75;
Dumbbell Bench 35;
Bent over row barbell 80;
40 reps each
Plank Hold 40, 30 sec.
Entire workout took appx. 35 minutes. It has been 18 -24 months since I saw the inside of the gym, so I feel good. Legs feel it. Surge Recovery is sweet, as in wow, sugary sweet. 1/2 hr NEPA, walking dogs on the beach. Was feeling full of shakes, so had a cup of tea, relaxing before dinner shake. Bedtime shake later.
I have my work schedule adjusted to get off early to make time for workouts, wife is super supportive…even the poodles are barking at the door to encourage NEPA. Good day 1.

Reposting stats:
Here are my current measurements�� ��
Height 5’ 10" â?¨
Weight 208 â?¨
Neck 16.5 â?¨
Shoulders 50 â?¨
Chest - Upper 42 â?¨
Chest - Lower 43 â?¨
Waist - at Navel 42.5 â?¨
Waist - at largest 42.5 â?¨
Hips - at largest 43.5 â?¨
Upper Arm - L 13.5 â?¨
Upper Arm - R 13.5 â?¨
Upper Leg - L 25.25 â?¨
Upper Leg - R 26.5 â?¨
Lower Leg - L 16.25 â?¨
Lower Leg - R 16 â?¨
Ankle - L 9.75 â?¨
Ankle - R 10 â?¨

nice work! i used heaps of water in my recovery shake because i was thirsty as hell - over a litre - and it didn’t end up too sweet at all.

oh thanks, I’ll try that.

Day 2. Wow, my legs were sore from yesterday’s workout. Today’s shakes were great. Added extra ice to lunch shake, mmm milkshake. Cut down on flax by half. Added one more HOT-ROX. 35 min NEPA walking the dogs. Looking forward to workout tomorrow.

Going home for lunch, I drive past all the restaurants and other places I used to stop at. Imagining stopping seemed so weird, as I was in a zone, the V zone. Focused on my diet, my body, the workouts, shakes & supplements. The V zone is a path of transformation, one rep, one shake at a time.

Day 3
Workout was good. Bit tricky finding correct “light” weight, but overall good workout. Doubled water in Surge, and it was much better… thanks @Triskele for the tip. I need to time shakes earlier in day, especially on workout days, as the Surge is filling too. Sore legs faded away as soon as I started workout. Feel good: 1 more shake and Day 3 is in the books.

good job so far

keep it up! i’m all over the place with the ‘lighter’ weights too - feels way too light at first, but because i have no endurance for them i start cracking after two sets and not enough rest. got a decent idea where i should be at for next week though

Great job so far - keep it up!

BTW I love your avatar picture! :slight_smile:

Day 4
3.1 mile NEPA at lunch. Today was first time i felt queasy. I think it was from too many shakes crammed in last night. Anyway, lot’s of carbonated water on ice and some green tea smoothed things over. had to prepare shakes for extra time at work, with no opportunity to come home. Worked out OK. Looking forward to workout tomorrow.

@pratik, glad you like it, thanks!

Day 5
Workout was good, form felt good on lifts. I’m sure I was in plank position for hours, but watch said 40 sec. Need a new watch.
I realized one secret of the vDiet is that you are so full from Surge and Shakes, you can’t imagine eating or drinking anything else. After workout, drove home past my (old) usual Friday night watering hole and didn’t even look up. Too stuffed with Surge.
Nice to be changing habits. NEPA was a little lame, only 1.5 mile.

Day 6
Now i know why it is called the V Burn CHALLENGE. Kicked my butt for 34:00 minutes. Finished, though. Now onto shakes, house cleaning.
HSM tomorrow. It’s the one time/week my wife and I get to share a meal, so that will be nice. Carry on V Dieters!

definitely challenging. whoever said there wasn’t any cardio in the V-Diet? keep up the good work hooner. enjoy tomorrow!

After 7 days, I lost 5 lbs. (208 > 203) Full set of measurements at 14 days. So some progress. Looking in mirror, hard to see changes, but I feel way better.
Moving ahead, I will increase NEPA, as it has been low.

There should be a warning on the HSM recipe page:

Warning, reading these recipes may cause Shake Fatigue Syndrome, or HyperHSMism. Symptoms include desire to cook huge amounts of vegetables, dreams of perfecting cauliflower pizza, and visions of spaghetti squash with omega 3 garlic butter. If you experience any of these symptoms early in your V-Diet, stop reading these recipes, except on your HSM Day.

Day 7
Shakes, NEPA, and a great Healthy Solid Meal. NEPA was weed-wacking for an hour, felt good.
HSM was a great spinach salad with a vinaigrette dressing, chicken breast baked with a bit of parmesan, and broccoli with lemon garlic. Found the chicken and broccoli recipes ideas under HSM recipe forum. Loved the salad.
Finishing bedtime shake and Week 1 is over!
Workout tomorrow.

good results so far. you will start to see the changes soon.

Day 8
Workout felt great today. Kept to 40 sec rest times, increased weights 5 lbs. Plank hold increased by 10 seconds.

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A V DIETER
What’s for lunch?
Shake.
Oh, what’s for dinner?
Shake?
What did you have for breakfast?
A shake.
Want a snack?
Sure, a shake.
It’s getting late, want some tea?
Sure, green please.
Anything with that?
Sure, a shake with a little nut butter sounds perfect.

[quote]hooner wrote:
Day 8
Workout felt great today. Kept to 40 sec rest times, increased weights 5 lbs. Plank hold increased by 10 seconds.

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A V DIETER
What’s for lunch?
Shake.
Oh, what’s for dinner?
Shake?
What did you have for breakfast?
A shake.
Want a snack?
Sure, a shake.
It’s getting late, want some tea?
Sure, green please.
Anything with that?
Sure, a shake with a little nut butter sounds perfect.
[/quote]

LOL!! Funny because I was thinking today I miss the simplicity of eating during phase 1 of the diet - no thinking or preparing, just blending and drinking :slight_smile:

doing good hooner, and keeping me entertained to boot!