Biotest

Home Gym V-Diet?

Hey,

I’ve read through a slew of posts, and through most of the V-Diet training thread… and also tried to search the website (the search function on this website needs a clue) but I can’t seem to find reference to someone doing the V-Diet at home?

Is it possible to swap out the exercises in the V-Diet for ones that can be preformed at a home gym setup?

The setup I’m looking at encompasses the following:
75 lb Quick-Lock Dumbell System
Bench Plus these attachments for the bench:
Crunch Situp
Dip Bar Handles
Chin Up Bar attachment
Preacher Curl Pad
Leg Extention/Leg Curl
( http://www.ironmaster.com/store/Package-4-pr-86.html ) for those of you who wonder.

I’m really not interested in joining a Gym.

has anyone had success in sticking to mostly DB’s with chinups and crunches and whatever body-weight exercises?

-sh

The V-Diet workout doesn’t use many (if any) machines, assuming you can do pull-ups instead of pulldowns. It’s pretty much all free weights. Do you have a bar and plates? If not, then most of the barbell exercises can be subbed with dumbbell exercises - dumbbell curls instead of barbell curls for example.

You can use a bar too for ab wheel roll-outs, or just buy one for 5 bucks at Walmart.

If you don’t have a rack for front squats, you can make do by cleaning the weight into place or use dumbbells.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
If you don’t have a rack for front squats, you can make do by cleaning the weight into place or use dumbbells.
[/quote]

What does that mean?

[quote]errico wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:

What does that mean?
[/quote]

Here’s a dumbbell front squat.

Lots of info on “cleans” in our archives. Just run a search.

I’m pretty sure Chris was referring to something like:

Thanks for the reply Chris! I won’t be jumping around in my apartment but I’ll definitely make the V-Diet work one way or another.

Thanks guys.

Knowing theres options makes the decision to plunge in a little easier.