Biotest

High-Protein Mystery Goop

Note: This one originally appeared in the <a href="http://velocity.t-nation.com/strength-training-blog/chris-shugart"target=“new”>LiveSpill, but I thought I’d repost it here for those who dared to miss it.

[center]High-Protein Mystery Goop [/center]
[center] [/center]
I’m not sure what to call this stuff.

Sexy sauce? Um, no.

High-protein fruit dip? Sugar-free icing? Liquid love lotion?

How about we just stick to mystery goop? All I know is, it’s sweet, very low carb, and contains over 25g of protein.

I’ve spread it over almond-flour pancakes and muffins, used it as a cake and chia-seed cookie icing, dipped apples into it, and used it as a “marital aid.”

Okay, I’m kidding about that last one.

For now.

Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients

1 scoop <a href="https://www.t-nation.com/free_online_store"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive, Low Carb
1 tablespoon of coconut flour
Splash or two of either half-n-half or almond milk. (You’ll save a lot of calories if you go with almond milk.)

[center] [/center]
Directions

Stir everything together and eat it. That’s it.

Tip

Use just enough half-n-half or almond milk to form a paste. Use more or less depending on the thickness desired. Less for cake frosting, more for pancake topper.

Variations:

Add a splash of Da Vinci peanut butter flavored syrup, or any flavor you want. (This is what I did with the batch you see here in the pics, hence the tan coloring.)

Use chocolate, vanilla, banana cream or strawberry Metabolic Drive for tons of flavor options.

This may be the most decadent, yet completely healthy thing, I’ve ever made. Try it! – Chris

What Chris Actually Eats

Dipping strawberries in this stuff is just about as great as sex.

Here’s a peanut butter version using PB2 (powdered, de-fatted peanut butter).

I tried something based on this yesterday but with;

• mashed banana
    -2 tbsp of coconut flour
    -1 tsp of coco powder
    -un sweet. choco almond milk

result:Not bad,i have a couple of ripe avocados,maybe i can wipe up something with them.

Chris,

Thanks for posting this in the HSM/Recipes forum. I was checking in on the 'spill yesterday on the road, with no way to print or save the file. I’ve been looking for some sort icing recipe for the holidays.

By the way, the avocado cheesecake is a major hit at every party I go to.

[quote]tmartinez wrote:
Chris,

Thanks for posting this in the HSM/Recipes forum. I was checking in on the 'spill yesterday on the road, with no way to print or save the file. I’ve been looking for some sort icing recipe for the holidays.

By the way, the avocado cheesecake is a major hit at every party I go to. [/quote]

The icing recipe here rocks too: http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_recipe/the_great_pumpkin_cake

I tried them both, and I’ve got to cast my vote for the cream cheese icing. For some reason the goop recipe wasn’t quite as sweet. Still pretty damn good. Sort of like choosing sex positions.

Metabolic Drive: 1 Scoop
Nut Butter: 2 TBS
Almond Milk: 1/4 to 1/2 Cup

This makes a pretty nice topping as well. I’ve used it for pancakes or cupcake icing.

I’m not sure why it took me so long to try this, but wow. It’s stupidly easy to make and if you’re even a semi-regular around the V-Life section, you’ll usually have the necessary ingredients on hand.

I’m on an apple pie spice kick lately, so I tossed some of that with vanilla protein, almond milk and almond flour (don’t have coconut flour).

This will be a nice alternative to shakes when you’re looking to sneak some extra protein into your. Also a good sweet tooth killer.

I made a double dose of this and brought it to work. Thank goodness. Someone brought boxes of donuts and containers of chocolate-covered chips. I know to resist, but it’s easier to pass those by when I have something sweet and body-friendly in the fridge.

Chris,

Is there a way to make this fluff, so it can be a replacement for cool whip?

[quote]tomkade wrote:
Chris,

Is there a way to make this fluff, so it can be a replacement for cool whip?[/quote]

I haven’t tried that yet. Not sure you could get that same fluffy texture.

Here’s a recipe for homemade Cool Whip though: http://www.ehow.com/how_5195336_make-homemade-cool-whip.html

Perhaps you could replace the sugar with Splenda, use a healthy oil instead if veg (coconut maybe?), then bulk it up with protein powder. Worth a shot!

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/3/d/3d7db_ORIG-DSCN2604.jpg

Goop doesn’t have to be just a topping.

Here’s dessert from last night: vanilla goop topped with kiwi and pomegranate arils.

You honestly don’t peel the kiwi? How lazy are you?
I’d suggest renaming your dessert into furry skin fruit in protein goop… :wink:

[quote]WebEyE wrote:
You honestly don’t peel the kiwi? How lazy are you?
I’d suggest renaming your dessert into furry skin fruit in protein goop… :wink:
[/quote]

Only sissies peel their kiwis!

All the nutrients are in the fuzz!

Okay, I just made that up. But I’ve always eaten the skin.

I too have always eaten the skins. I keep hoping to stumble across an article titled “New research suggests consuming kiwi skins reduces risk of cancer by 80%” or something along those lines. Still crossing my fingers.

Any reason why you use coconut flour over almond or does it matter?

[quote]jdubs27 wrote:
Any reason why you use coconut flour over almond or does it matter?[/quote]

Coconut flour is a very different beast than almond flour. It sucks up moisture like crazy, which makes it hard to cook with in some instances but the perfect choice for others, like this goop. That said, almond flour may work in a pinch, but you may not get that same goopy texture we’re after here.

I made this (chocolate) tonight for dessert for a family member who has been craving chocolate for a while. they tried it and hadn’t guessed it was protein powder till i told them… I should have kept it a secret. great simple recipe.

It reminds me of Berardi’s “pre-bed snack” … well minus the cottage cheese, and the flax, and the peanut butter, but another super delicious easy to make protein snack.

Thanks again!

Just made a version of this using:
2 scoops vanilla casein powder (Syntrax Micellar Creme, out of MD and gotta use it up)
1 cup fat free vanilla Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp pb2
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup splenda

This could definitely be used as a marital aid.