Biotest

Hiding the Taste of Superfood

Alright Chris, I started today…I HATE the Superfood…makes me want to puke! Any ideas to mask that taste or do I just have to down the stuff?

It doesn’t make me gag, but I always have it separate from the shakes unless I’m packing one for on the go. A little dash of crystal light mixed in helps too if you want it to taste good. In the end whatever you have to do to get it down isn’t really important, as long as it doesn’t add calories.

Is crystal light ok? I’m not adding anything to the origional plan that will mess this up for me!

I found that if I add just 1 scoop to my shakes at a time it was way more tolerable for me. Now I did not want to gag or anything but 2 scoops were just to much for me in the shakes. So I did 1 scoop to 4 shakes.

Hmm, most people like the taste of Superfood, sort of an unsweetened berry tea flavor to me. (Now, Biotest could have sweetened it but they preferred to keep with the spirit of the product: an organic health supplement, no added sugar or artificial sweetener, etc.) My wife, for example, loves the taste and says she’d add it to shakes just FOR the flavor.

I tried several other “super food” type products before Biotest Superfood came out, and let me tell you, I had to hold on to the kitchen countertop just to get some of them down. Compared to that, Superfood is the nectar of the Gods. But everyone is different when it comes to taste prefs.

All that aside, if you just don’t like it:

1. Suck it up, sissy, you’ll get used to it. :wink:

2. Chug it down in water and not mixed into your shakes.

3. Add a bit of Splenda or stevia if you want. A little Crystal Light is fine too.

4. If all else fails, you don’t HAVE to use two servings per day. Go to just one, or just skip it. The original V-Diet 1.0 didn’t include it, but I decided to add it since it guarantees that you’ll miss none or the benefits of veggie/fruit/green-tea consumption during the V-Diet. Plus people just generally feel good when using Superfood, which helps when you’re dieting hard.

I actually like the taste of Superfood.

I’ve had other “Superfood” type products and they taste like rotten “insert something disgusting here”.

The only drink I wish had a nice, light flavor is the Surge. A good lemonade flavor here would be perfect. Hard for me to buck up and down a thick, chocolate after a workout.

[quote]ssmcamis wrote:
Alright Chris, I started today…I HATE the Superfood…makes me want to puke! Any ideas to mask that taste or do I just have to down the stuff?[/quote]

Hey Sheri,
Don’t know if you got my text yesterday cuz I was in and out of service. Anyway, try it with the Chocolate protein powder. Some people like it better that way.

Excited to see your results!

Superfood may just be an acquired taste for you. Here are some ideas to help you embrace the taste:

It’s excellent in banana flavored Metabolic Drive. I call it a “banana-berry” shake.

It’s also good mixed into a nice cold MAG-10 (berry flavored). Or, if you really want to make it fruity, you could shake it into a MAG-10 with a scoop of Power Drive. The Superfood bitterness then just becomes part of the fruity sweetness. I’m drooling just thinking about it. Are you sure you don’t like Superfood? Don’t give up on it yet!

One last suggestion- I’ve also added it to a Spike Shotgun. The flavor and carbonation are so strong that the Superfood merely adds a hint of tartness. You’ll also then be bouncing off the walls, which is a plus because then you can annoy people with your over-the-top cheeriness.

[quote]ssmcamis wrote:
Alright Chris, I started today…I HATE the Superfood…makes me want to puke! Any ideas to mask that taste or do I just have to down the stuff?[/quote]
i don’t like it either. my preferred method is using crystal light as others have said. i usualy have a pitcher in the fridge so i just use that to mix my superfood rather than water. i don’t even taste it after that. oh, and i always take it as a seperate shake. i never mix it with my grow. i tried it and still didn’t like it.

I couldn’t stand it either, so I would mix it with water first then just slam it back before my main shake.

Thanks Chris! Yes, Kelli, I got your message…I’m sucking it up! :slight_smile: Wouldnt want to be a whiner!

[quote]ssmcamis wrote:
Thanks Chris! Yes, Kelli, I got your message…I’m sucking it up! :slight_smile: Wouldnt want to be a whiner![/quote]
You are far from a whiner.

Hey Chris, you said Chrystal Light is fine…there are 5 calories in a little pack of it…still ok?

[quote]ssmcamis wrote:
Hey Chris, you said Chrystal Light is fine…there are 5 calories in a little pack of it…still ok?[/quote]

It’s okay if it must be used for the Superfood. I wouldn’t drink it all day. Though really, I’d prefer the suck-it-up option.