Biotest

Hi, I'm An Idiot (Pre-V-Diet Ideas)

Hey T-Nation,

I’ve trained off and on for 12+ years, and while I’ve gotten much stronger over the years(heaviest lifts have been SQ 357.5 ; BP 327.5 ; and DL 427.5), and haven’t come anywhere near to where I want to be aesthetically. More info on this later, but I’ve been on KB’s, Oly lifts, BW routines, etc…

Now, I am aware of the V-Diet, and have read the info on that very completely. I do plan to commit to that diet at the end of June, beginning of July. We have an outage at our plant where I work planned for almost all of June, and I don’t think six 12 hour days a week is a good time to be in the middle of the V-Diet… I don’t know.

Really, at 210 lbs, what I’d really like to do is cut up, especially in my midsection and chest. I know that this site is resplendent with info, but that abundance is sometimes difficult to sort through.

I’d like to get started on something now, that I can be working on before starting the V-Diet in July. I have some HOT-ROX, Flameout, Metabolic Drive and Surge on hand now. I will listen to any nutritional advice / threads which are recommended and you point me to (amidst that many here).

In short, I’m looking for good advice and I will not waste your time. I’ll follow it.

[quote]Mitchel wrote:
Hey T-Nation,

I’ve trained off and on for 12+ years, and while I’ve gotten much stronger over the years(heaviest lifts have been SQ 357.5 ; BP 327.5 ; and DL 427.5), and haven’t come anywhere near to where I want to be aesthetically. More info on this later, but I’ve been on KB’s, Oly lifts, BW routines, etc…

Now, I am aware of the V-Diet, and have read the info on that very completely. I do plan to commit to that diet at the end of June, beginning of July. We have an outage at our plant where I work planned for almost all of June, and I don’t think six 12 hour days a week is a good time to be in the middle of the V-Diet… I don’t know.

Really, at 210 lbs, what I’d really like to do is cut up, especially in my midsection and chest. I know that this site is resplendent with info, but that abundance is sometimes difficult to sort through.

I’d like to get started on something now, that I can be working on before starting the V-Diet in July. I have some HOT-ROX, Flameout, Metabolic Drive and Surge on hand now. I will listen to any nutritional advice / threads which are recommended and you point me to (amidst that many here).

In short, I’m looking for good advice and I will not waste your time. I’ll follow it.[/quote]

I’d suggest that you post this in the V-Diet forum instead of the bodybuilding forum. I’m sure Chris Shugart and the others there can give you a better idea of what to do before the V-Diet than most people here.

Maybe the mods will be kind enough to move your thread.

Edit: Thread has been moved… Thank you mods.

OOH pretty background.

Sorry for the post being in the wrong area.

What I’ve done is to use the beginner V-Diet training routine, and use that as a prequel to training until I start the V-Diet for real in July. Once I’m into that, I’m sure I can complete the advanced routine during the diet.

I’d like to make a comment, and you can let me know what you think;

I’ve re-started training in the last week and a half, and am using Metabolic Drive along with Surge, HOT-ROX and Flameout. Maybe it’s subjective, but I am noticing a small increase in definition all over except my midsection.

I’m guessing from reading elsewhere on this site, that that is an effect of mid section fat coming off last… i.e., that you’ll notice it more in the beginning because it will look worse due to the rest of your body looking better. Time, training, and diet will conquer this. True or false?

Also, I had a can of Metabolic Drive about 6 months ago, and I remember that it constipated the hell out of me. I decided to give it another go, for whatever reason, and I think the effect is still there although much milder. Is this a doseage issue, or should flax and/or fiber be taken in conjuction (even if I get enough fruits and veggies otherwise)?