Biotest

Hi Chris, New Guy Here

you were nice enough to answer my first post, thank you. am i wasting my time if i do not exercise? yes, i am lazy, in pain and tired. i work 85 to 90 hrs a week in a war zone. also, i cheated, i had one bite of baked fish, about 2 oz. steamed cauliflower, is this worse than eating the recommended peanut butter at 210 cals. listed in my diet plan? i have done two times and never the peanut butter. am i screwing myself if cant manage to get down the 5 shakes a day?

i would surf more, but the band width is so bad here it took me 5 minutes just to load this page

thanks for your patience and help
jim

46 yo, 5’ 9" 225, about 35% body fat

[quote]jimskid wrote:
you were nice enough to answer my first post, thank you. am i wasting my time if i do not exercise? yes, i am lazy, in pain and tired. i work 85 to 90 hrs a week in a war zone. also, i cheated, i had one bite of baked fish, about 2 oz. steamed cauliflower, is this worse than eating the recommended peanut butter at 210 cals. listed in my diet plan? i have done two times and never the peanut butter. am i screwing myself if cant manage to get down the 5 shakes a day?

i would surf more, but the band width is so bad here it took me 5 minutes just to load this page

thanks for your patience and help
jim

46 yo, 5’ 9" 225, about 35% body fat[/quote]

Sorry for the troubles, Jim. Hope you’re staying safe over there.

I think I’ve answered some of these questions from you before. Correct me if I’m wrong.

To get the most benefits from the diet, don’t eat solid foods except on HSM day. We’re trying to “rehab” from food, so to speak, and yes, having a bite or two of solid food when you’re not supposed to will monkey-wrench the plan, at least the psychological and habit-breaking aspects. These take 21 days or so of total strictness to kick in. Cheat and you don’t get those craving-killing, taste-changing effects, which are a big part of the long term benefits of the V-Diet.

Yes, it’s best, if at all possible, to exercise when on the V-Diet. We’ve provided a full plan for this in the V-Diet. Dieting without weight training leads to muscle loss and not-so-pleasing looking results. I understand you’re in a crazy situation, so maybe now’s not the best time to do a plan like the V-Diet? I just want you get the best results for your money, and you’re having to make a lot of compromises doing it right now.

And yes, consuming fewer shakes than required could potentially lead to muscle loss and a sluggish metabolism.

In short, you could not train, cheat a little, and change up the diet and probably still lose weight if all you’re doing is drinking a few protein shakes a day. But that’s not the V-Diet, and I truly think the V-Diet will give you the results you’re looking for.

good stuff, precisely what i needed to hear, your very nice. i will try and make time and no more cheating
thank you