Biotest

Here We Go Again!

Starting V-Diet today for the second time.

Last April, I did the V-Diet and went from 142 lbs. to 133 lbs.! That was quite an accomplishment because I was somewhat lean and had a lot of muscle. I had been maintaining a substantial weight loss for 3 years at that point–from 2008-2011.

However, at the beginning of the school year in August (I am a teacher.), I don’t know what happened. I usually pushed through the beginning-of-the-school-year-slump where diet and exercise fall by the wayside because of preparing for the new year. This year–I don’t know. I haven’t lifted in forever, and I used to lift 3-4 times a week religiously and do cardio (usually running) 5-6 times a week.

I now weight 158.4 as of this morning (naked, post-pee weight). I have gone from a size 4 to a size 10!! I had to buy new clothes. Hell, I had to buy new underwear! At this time last year, I was looking at bikinis; now, I am looking for a swimsuit that covers me the hell up.

So I am committing to Velocity again. I figure that if I lost 9 lbs. in 4 weeks last year with being as lean and muscular as I was, I ought to be able to drop a decent amount of weight this time.

Go get it…I am in the same boat, fell off when I got a new and more stressful teaching assignment and only now am I getting my feet back under me. I am on day seven and still looking forward to the rest of this challenge. I think it is important for our students to see that we have goals and aren’t afraid to get out there and get them too…it is a great example for them!

Good luck, I am cheering for you!

Thanks! I did inspire one of my students. She knew I had lost a lot of weight and asked for my advice. She had to get her weight down for the Army. She borrowed one of my old workout logs and we talked about what she should eat. Now, almost every morning, she rides her bike to school and runs bleachers at the track at our school. I tend to bake a lot, and the other day, I had cupcakes left over from something, so I brought them to the class that she is in. She did not eat one and ate her fruit instead!

I am starting tomorrow, so we are almost on the same time frame! Are you going to post any pics or measurements? I think I may post my measurements tomorrow.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me or comment on my thread. We can help each other stay motivated for the next 28 days!

Thanks! I took a picture, but I still need to do measurements. I am going to try to do that tonight or tomorrow morning.

My husband is also about to start the diet; I just ordered his stuff this morning. I have a 15-year-old daughter, so she will be the only person that I have to fix food for.

[quote]blissteach wrote:
Thanks! I took a picture, but I still need to do measurements. I am going to try to do that tonight or tomorrow morning.

My husband is also about to start the diet; I just ordered his stuff this morning. I have a 15-year-old daughter, so she will be the only person that I have to fix food for.[/quote]

Well hopefully doing it together helps! Good luck!

Good luck! Nice to have another female on here- especially one that can share my “pain” of having to still fix meals for children!

Thanks!

It is only Day 2, and I am already struggling. I don’t remember being grossed out by protein shakes until the second week last year. I don’t know if it is the fact that I have some sinus drainage or what, but the shakes are not sitting too well on my stomach. However, I did bake cookies tonight and did not taste test the dough or the cookies!!

26 more days . . . . already planning ahead for my HSMs . . . I have get-togethers this Friday and next Saturday, then a wedding the weekend after that! Gotta make sure I have good healthy stuff to eat, even if I have to bring it myself.

[quote]blissteach wrote:
Thanks!

It is only Day 2, and I am already struggling. I don’t remember being grossed out by protein shakes until the second week last year. I don’t know if it is the fact that I have some sinus drainage or what, but the shakes are not sitting too well on my stomach. However, I did bake cookies tonight and did not taste test the dough or the cookies!!

26 more days . . . . already planning ahead for my HSMs . . . I have get-togethers this Friday and next Saturday, then a wedding the weekend after that! Gotta make sure I have good healthy stuff to eat, even if I have to bring it myself.[/quote]

The wedding will probably be the most difficult. How do you plan on handling that? I have my mother coming into town during the third week of my diet and I know that will be the hardest thing for me! I told her I get to eat one meal with her, and it has to be a healthy one. Luckily she is pretty healthy, but her cooking is so good and I have so many unhealthy favorites!

I know what you mean about the shakes, I am already tired of them on day one! I just mixed my bedtime shake like a pudding though. Take the protein and put it in a bowl, add just a little water, then add the peanut butter. It comes out like a pudding, and I stuck it in the freezer to make it cooler. Someone else suggested this before and I think I will like it! Keep up the good work!

Whoops! I haven’t posted in a while!

I lost 3.5 lbs in the first week. I was a little disappointed because that’s how much I lost last year on the diet for the first week, and I weighed a lot less then! But 3.5 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at.

I have started following colinazzam’s advice and mixing my shakes into a “pudding.” I have to say, this has made a world of difference for me! I no longer dread drinking another shake, it doesn’t taste nearly as sweet, and I feel like I am actually eating. Now I know that I can make it through the diet.

My husband is doing the diet, but he is always hungry. He owns a welding/machine shop and is constantly on the move at work. He doesn’t always get to stop and “eat” every three hours.

I deserve gold stars for yesterday. I went with some colleagues to a Mexican food restaurant, but didn’t eat! I went to a retirement reception where there was cake and didn’t eat! I baked cupcakes, made homemade mac and cheese, and had chips and dips for some people at my house, and I didn’t eat any of it!

[quote]blissteach wrote:

However, at the beginning of the school year in August (I am a teacher.), I don’t know what happened. I usually pushed through the beginning-of-the-school-year-slump where diet and exercise fall by the wayside because of preparing for the new year.[quote]

I can totally relate to you situation. I also teach and have all the time in the world to work out during the summer but then comes the fall. In the past I’ve always used the summer to shave pounds…start the school year slimmer (never been skinny) and end up rotund. Problem is that I haven’t made the time because always trying to make up for lost time with my own children. I’ve got to figure out how to beat this. I’m looking at this as a total life-style change.

You are doing great…keep it up!

so what exactly is this diet?