Biotest

Here I Go

Here’s a little background on me. I’ve been working out for 5 years regularly but not really at all before that. I lost about 26 lbs. back in 2013/2014 by doing lots of HIIT and dropping my calories back A LOT, based on advice from my trainer at the time. I was eating about 1000-1100 calories a day and losing weight but feeling like crap.

Once the wedding was over, I decided to do the metabolic testing at the gym and it said I should be eating 1500 calories/day. As soon as I started eating that, I started gaining and gained back approx. 12 lbs. in the months following the wedding. My weight has stayed the same for the past year and I thought the V Diet would be the perfect way to jumpstart my weight loss and press the reset button.

We just came back from a 10 day cruise in the Caribbean and I gained about 5 lbs while we were gone. Before we left for the cruise I was 146.6 lbs and 24.4% BF! :frowning:

HOW I’M MODIFYING IT:
I am planning to do 3-4 protein shakes a day (depending on whether it’s a workout day) and eat a healthy solid meal every night for dinner for two weeks. We are no longer 100% Vegan, but I am intolerant to Casein and dairy products, so I can’t do whey based proteins - so I will be using Vega Performance Protein and Orgain Plant Based protein.

Since my soy coffee creamer has sugar, I am going to just add ground coffee to my morning shake. I will also take a multi-vitamin and my normal supplements. I have ordered the Flameout and I’m planning to take that - I’m just waiting to get it in the mail. I do not plan to take the other supplements as I am intolerant to dairy/casein and also goji berries (go figure).

I plan to keep my calorie intake at 1,200 on non-workout days and 1,450 on workout days.

MY STARTING STATS:
Starting Weight: 151.2 lbs.
Estimated BF (based on Ironman scale at the gym): 29.1%

Wish me luck!

DAY 1 (2/9/15):

8:45 AM:   
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground
    Coffee with soy creamer 
12:30 PM:  
    35 minutes NEPA Walk
1:45 PM:    
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground flax
3:45 PM:    
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground flax
6:30 PM:    
    3.5 cups of Coconut Lemongrass Pork Soup (Clean Eating Magazine)

Total Calorie Intake 1320; Total Fat 58g; Total Carbs 54g; Protein 117g

I am hoping to transition to water in my shakes tomorrow. :frowning:

DAY 2:

8:00 AM:   
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground
    Coffee with soy creamer (this stops after today)
11:30 AM: 
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. water, 1 Tbsp. ground flax
1:00 PM
    35 Minute NEPA Walk
2:30 PM:    
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. water, 1 Tbsp. ground flax
    3.5 cups of Coconut Lemongrass Pork Soup (Clean Eating Magazine) w/ 1.5 cups Roasted Okra

Total Calorie Intake: 1251; Total Fat 53g; Total Carbs 65g; Protein 134g

I cannot wait for dinner! Even though the soup is liquid, it’s still an improvement over the shakes. Today has been a little rough with water in my shakes, instead of almondmilk. I actually felt hungry today in between shakes but I didn’t break down.

DAY 3:

5:30 AM: 
    X-Commando Workout @ Excel Body Fitness (Strength Training w/cardio bursts in between sets)
7:00 AM:   
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground flax meal, 2 tbs. ground coffee
10:30 AM: 
1:00 PM:  25 minute NEPA walk  :(
    Dinner: Black-eyed pea tempeh w/Asian Cabbage w/ 1/2 cup rice 

WEIGHT: 147.8 lbs (I lost 3.4 lbs)

Total Calorie Intake: 1369; Total fat 51; Total Carbs: 121; Protein 109g

Doing my shakes with water yesterday was way too difficult and left me hungry. I decided to go back to almondmilk today because I workout in the AM and I will need the extra calories earlier in the day. I did have a hard time fitting in that extra shake. My shipment of Vega Berry comes today and I am so anxious to switch it up.

DAY 4 2/12/15

8:00 AM:   
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweet almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground flax meal, 2 tbs. ground coffee
11:30 AM: 
    Berry Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweet almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground flax
    Berry Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweet almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground flax
    Dinner: Black-eyed pea tempeh w/Asian Cabbage, 1/2 cup white rice, 1.5 cups leftover soup

NO NEPA today - work was busy.

Total Calorie Intake: 1485; Total fat 53; Total Carbs: 126; Protein 129g
(BAD JENNIFER)

DAY 5 - 2/13/15:
WEIGHT: 148.4 lbs.; 28.4% BF (I gained .5 lbs but lost .7% BF)
I’m hoping I gained muscle?

I think I need to work on portions at dinner and do more meals like fish, broccoli and sweet potato. Vegetarian meals are delicious but they don’t offer much protein.

5:30 AM: 
    X-Commando Workout (Strength Training w/cardio bursts in between sets)
7:00 AM:   
    Chocolate Vega Protein Shake w/6 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 6 oz. water, 1 Tbsp. ground flax meal, 2 tbs. ground coffee
10:30 AM: 
    Berry Vega Protein Shake w/6 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 6 oz water; 1 Tbsp. ground flax
    Berry Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground flax
4:00 PM:Berry Vega Protein Shake w/12 oz. unsweetened almondmilk, 1 Tbsp. ground flax
    Dinner: 5 oz. baked cod, steamed broccoli, and 1 c. cooked quinoa (YUM - can't wait!)

Wishing you luck, and thank you for the detail on the plan, trying to learn as much as I can.

Very excited to see another woman doing this!! Im robyn and have a log (I’m on day 3) - 31 year old female with similar stats as you (though I’ve got 10 pounds on you :))

Good luck and I’ll be following - would be fun to motivate each other and share insights.

Robyn

Thanks y’all!

Robyn - Everyone needs to be accountable! I’d be happy to follow each other and motivate one another on this journey. Best of luck to you - stick with it. This will be my first weekend on the plan and I am just hoping I can stay strong. :slight_smile:

I hear you! This is my first weekend too…stay determined. Let me know if you find any tricks that work for you!

Are you sticking with no alcohol? I’m going for the full 28 days of no booze…which I know will be so challenging.

Sorry for the delay in posting! We had a big weekend and a blast of winter weather, so things are just getting back to normal for me.

Even though I have not been logging religiously - I have not fallen off the wagon. I did have 1/2 glass of white wine on Valentine’s Day and then I felt guilty and got back in line. In short, I am avoiding alcohol and added sugar during this plan.

I think I’m going to end up extending this to a 35 day program, because I didn’t get in the V-Burn Challenge or any of the required exercises last week and I didn’t have the Flameout to take the first week. Plus, I just finally read the entire PDF Velocity Diet book over the weekend, so now I feel fully informed.

We had some snow Monday and Wednesday so I was stuck at home with no gym - so I did the V Burn Challenge (beginner) and finished it in 20:57. I also did the Monday workout (beginner) from the plan yesterday with what I had at home (Kettlebells and dumbbells). Man, I was sore before I even went to bed last night!

I’ll be weighing in tomorrow to see how much progress I’ve made this week.

My HSM’s were as follows this week:
Saturday - Chicken Cacciatore (Organic Chicken, no pasta or bread)
Sunday - Leftover Chicken Cacciatore (Organic Chicken, no pasta or bread), 2 slices of bacon
Monday - Seared Tuna Steak, Baby Broccoli and a sweet potato
Tuesday - Homemade Taco Soup (I did have non-GMO tortilla chips with my soup)
Wednesday - Homemade Asian Braised Beef lettuce wraps with baby broccoli; 1 cup popcorn
Thursday (tonight) - Leftover Taco Soup + Asian Braised Beef lettuce wraps w/baby broccoli

I have not been eating dessert/fruit of any kind with my HSM’s.

I just would like to toot my own horn a little bit. On Saturday, I went to “lunch” with my husband and his friend who was in from out of town - I sat there at this Gourmet Burger joint, while they ate loaded cheese fries, mouth-watering burgers and milkshakes and I drank my Fiji water and my Chocolate protein shake. It was only semi-terrible, but I was very proud that I didn’t give in and order something. Instead, we left there and I awarded myself with some new size SMALL workout clothes from Athleta. :slight_smile:

DAY 12!
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 20th, 2015
Weight: 147.8; 28.5 BF - Only lost .6lbs since last weigh in, but I am very happy with this because it is about to be that time of the month and I normally gain 2-3 lbs, so losing a little is still progress!!!

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: 3.4 lbs

• 5:30 AM - X-Commando Workout (Strength Training w/cardio bursts in between sets)
  • 7:00 AM - First of my four planned shakes for the day
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner - Baked Cod with Quinoa and roasted brussels sprouts (with bacon)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Congrats on the progress! Talk about willpower at the burger joint! Nice job :slight_smile: How did your second weekend go?

Not sure what happened to my post last night - it got cut off.

Ehhh… It could have been better. PMS is obnoxious and I craved chocolate/sweets all weekend. I did great Friday. Saturday - I had my 3 shakes (I did eat brussels sprouts in between my shakes) and had tofu lettuce wraps at PF Changs for my brother’s birthday celebration. I stuck with my Fiji water, while everyone else enjoyed a cocktail. I had a little dark chocolate when I got home from dinner to reward myself.

Sunday was a different story - the PMS took over a little - I had 2 shakes during the day and drank some coffee (no sugar, just cream). I made Shepherd’s Pie (clean recipe with grass-fed beef) for dinner around 1pm and tasted as I cooked (old habits die hard). I broke down and ate a peanut butter cookie before my dinner and also had a mango ice pop. I am not proud of Sunday at all but today is a new day!

I went to the gym at 5:30 and did my Monday beginner workout. Finished in 37 minutes - it was pretty hard. I am drinking shake #2 as I write this and I’ve already gotten in a good 12 minute NEPA walk today. I’ve been taking my Flameout everyday after my shakes/meal. I feel like I have things much more under control today!

I plan to do my V-Burn Challenge tomorrow AM before work since I didn’t get it in this weekend.

Don’t worry about the cookie and ice pop - those didn’t interfere with your calorie deficit so I wouldn’t beat yourself up over it.

Keep it up!

Robyn - I think we are certainly on a similar journey. I came home from work on Monday afternoon nauseous and dizzy. I spent the whole night vomiting and the next day sick to my stomach. Needless to say, Tuesday, I ate nothing but ginger ale (organic, of course) and vegetable broth, a piece of bread, more broth and ice cream. Yesterday, I started feeling slightly back to normal but the thought of a protein shake or coffee was not appealing, so I had Kombucha, more broth and cabbage soup for dinner.

Today, thankfully, I am feeling even better. I made a protein shake but was only able to eat about 3/4 of it. I had some cabbage soup for lunch but the thought of protein shakes is not very appealing. I hope to be able to get back on board with the diet tomorrow, but I feel like under the circumstances I haven’t messed things up too terribly bad.

Looking forward to checking your log and seeing how you have bounced back!

Oh my goodness!!! The hypochondriac in me thinks it’s protein overload and kidney failure :confused: but in reality I know there’s something going around. Hope you feel better soon! Ease back into it and listen to your body.

Great reading your log updates and good to see that there are a few girls out there doing this!

I used to be very fit and lithe but a series of personal setbacks over the last year saw my routine vanish and the pounds pile on. At 46 years old the weight goes on easy and is harder to take off! I am keeping my own log updated and need to post pictures and stats as an added incentive. I am 177cm tall and started at 184lb and aiming to lose around 25lb as a start although more interested in body shape and measurements.

I am only on day 4 but feeling good so far!

Zena