Biotest

Help with Dosage for Radical Body Change

Skooter asks:

I just placed an order for your products, as I was very impressed with the American Sniper article. I am 68 years old and weigh 180, BMI 25, and 5 11. Looking to change my body quite a bit, some where in the Wesley Snipes - Wolverine image. I need help with dosage, as well as dosage for days off. Currently I do a 2 day split with Sat and Sun off and only do abs once a week. Would like to loose fat and gain about 10- 15 pounds of muscle.

Not sure which supplements you mean exactly. If you mean the ones Bradley Cooper used to prepare for American Sniper, his exact plan is listed in the article. But for your own schedule, just follow label directions on each. The labels can be viewed at the T Nation store.

Can you give me an idea of what my calorie intake should be a day…With 2 shakes a day I am currently taking in about 3500-4000 calories a day

This can vary widely; it’s really hard to give you an exact number. What I usually have people do is find their maintenance through trial and error. Basically, keep a food log and see where you’re at normally as far as calories go. If you’re neither gaining nor losing and body comp is about the same, that’s maintenance. Then adjust calories up or down depending goals.

Cooper was eating 5000-6000 calories per day counting the calories in the supplements. That’s pretty extreme of course, but he was training twice per day and only looking to keep his body fat roughly the same, not cut up.

Generally, I like to start people looking for gains at only about 800 extra calories per day on top of maintenance. This will “feed” muscle gain without spilling over into fat gain. But when taking things like Indigo-3G and having a lot of those calories come from supplements like Plazma and Mag-10, you can exceed that number easily due to the repartitioning effects, etc.

It’s really all about having a place to start, doing it for a couple of weeks, and adjusted based on results.

BMI isn’t of much help.

We’d need a body composition figure (body fat percentage). If you are after a Wesley Snipes/Wolverine look, a very low body fat percentage is the key. You want maximum fat loss while adding some muscle. An idea of body composition would help make specific recommendations (for example do you have a lot of fat to lose and already have good muscles… do you have only a little fat to lose but a lot of muscle to gain, etc.)

And also the dosage of which supplements are you talking about?

I sent you a couple of pictures via E-Mail That ought to give you a good idea of where I’m at. As far as dosage…If you can pull my ticket… you will see what I bought…Looking forward to hearing from you

[quote]Skooter wrote:
I sent you a couple of pictures via E-Mail That ought to give you a good idea of where I’m at. As far as dosage…If you can pull my ticket… you will see what I bought…Looking forward to hearing from you[/quote]

One thing we notice is that you have both Plazma and Surge Recovery. That fine, but note that you don’t need both of these on the same day. It’s either/or. What you could do is use Plazma and Mag-10 for the toughest workouts and use Surge Recovery on the “easier” days.

For Plazma, it’s best to simply follow the label directions, but you can customize dosing for your needs. For example, some people find that all they need, or all that today’s workout needs, is a pre-loaded serving of Plazma, then another serving during training. Post-training, one serving of Mag-10.

For longer workouts that are very challenging, like leg day for most people, they might bump that up to one serving pre-loaded, two serving during training and two pulses of Mag-10 after training one hour apart.

Finibars are versatile as well. Ideally, you have one about 40-60 minutes pre-workout. But they can really be used any time for a quick meal. My personal favorite meal-on-the-go is a serving of Mag-10 and a Finibar. In fact, I have that twice per day. One before training and one just as a quick meal replacement when busy.

For the rest of your supplements, the label has the most up-to-date recommendations for optimal usage.

As far as the bars go…I had planned to eat one and start on Plazma and MAG-10 for my morning workout…Just as Bradley Cooper did…Thought I would use Serge Recovery on off days I am currently doing a two day split with Saturday and Sunday Off…I am only working an hour to an hour 15…but…it’s fast hard 3 exercises per body part with drop sets… most all are 8X8

[quote]Skooter wrote:
As far as the bars go…I had planned to eat one and start on Plazma and MAG-10 for my morning workout…Just as Bradley Cooper did…Thought I would use Serge Recovery on off days I am currently doing a two day split with Saturday and Sunday Off…I am only working an hour to an hour 15…but…it’s fast hard 3 exercises per body part with drop sets… most all are 8X8[/quote]

Surge Recovery isn’t really for off days. It’s for post-workout. If you just need some nutrition and protein, you may want to look into Metabolic Drive as it’s more of an anytime protein shake.

Today was the first day to use your products…Had a big surprise before I left the gem today…I always weigh on my way out of the door…I expected to see 181–182…not 187 !!! Evidently I was very hydrated…lol

Can I take HOT-ROX and Indigo-3 at the same time

[quote]Skooter wrote:
Can I take Hot Rox and Indago-3 at the same time[/quote]

Yes, but with Indigo-3G most people don’t need both. Or at least, wait until later in the fat loss process and use Hot-Rox to really bring it all home after hitting a sticking point.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]Skooter wrote:
Can I take Hot Rox and Indago-3 at the same time[/quote]

Yes, but with Indigo-3G most people don’t need both. Or at least, wait until later in the fat loss process and use Hot-Rox to really bring it all home after hitting a sticking point. [/quote]

That is such an important point.

One of the reason why I see a lot of people fail in their body recomposition goals is that they start doing “everything” right from the bat:

• Severe caloric restriction
  • Tons of cardio of conditioning work
  • Borderline overtraining program
  • Using every possible supplement that can help fat loss
  • etc.

It’s understandable, changing your body is an emotional thing. You want your new body NOW! So we tend to start doing too much in hope to change faster. The problem with that approach is that you basically exhaust every option you have to continue losing fat over the long run.

After a while your body will adapt to what you are asking of it and fat loss will become very slow or non-existant. At that point you need to do things to resume fat loss… lower calories, lower carbs, do more conditioning work, use a fat burner (don’t do them all, it’s just an example of things that can be done).

But what if you are already maxed out on what you can do and take right from the start??? When you hit a plateau you have no tool left to resume your progress.

I have totally done away with milk and bread…Eating tons of broccoli… Tuna…and Chicken…Weight is staying about the same with in a pound or two …So…I think I have my calorie intake correct…Been on Indigo-3 for two weeks …and don’t see much improvement…The ones I see are very minor…Thought I might try HOT-ROX for a month as a jumpstart…Not planning to stay on it for any length of time …My fat index is at 17.6…I am on the Micro-PA Protocol as my everyday regimen