Biotest

Help, I'm Struggling

Me and my boyfriend started the V-Diet today and OMG its not going well. I can’t stand the taste of the flax seed and the Superfood but have found adding to a small amount of healthy no added sugar fruit juice I can drink the stuff. But the thing I’m having major problems with is I don’t like peanut butter or any other nut butter. Can I sub this part for anything else or just miss it out?

[quote]lizzie1978 wrote:
Me and my boyfriend started the V-diet today and OMG its not going well. I can’t stand the taste of the flax seed and the super food but have found adding to a small amount of healthy no added sugar fruit juice I can drink the stuff. But the thing I’m having major problems with is I don’t like peanut butter or any other nut butter. Can I sub this part for anything else or just miss it out?[/quote]

Adding fruit juice will ruin the diet, that’s for sure. Stop.

As for taste, well, most people like the flavors. If you don’t, and you don’t adjust after a few days, there’s not much you can do except get tough and suck it up. Though you can replace the nut butter with FA3. Just follow label directions.

I think it’s going to come to down to a simple question: Would you rather be overweight or have everything taste exactly how you want it to?

I have very sensitive stomach and have problems actually keeping down just the plainest protein powders. i don’t want to be over weight and thats why i have been weight training and working out for the past 1 year. lost 2 plus stones so far. was hoping this diet would give me an extra helping hand.

So its not a case of being tough. if i can’t tolerate the taste i will be sick and then i’m not actually going to get any of the ingredients.

Thanks for you helpful advice though!

Personally I’ve put my mouth and stomach through hell a few times for the sake of losing weight but have always been able to persevere. I did the V-Diet with totally unflavoured protein powder once :slight_smile:

In any case if you really are going to give up on the V-Diet then don’t fret, there are stacks of other ways to lose weight and some are almost as effective as the V-Diet. I’ve done the V-Diet three times, plus I’ve done ketogenic periods and just general low carb etc. My body responds really well to low carb as I was 50-100kg overweight for a large part of my life.

So … don’t get tied in to the V-Diet as the only way to lose weight, you can lose almost the same doing a number of other methods of eating it’s just about finding what works for you.

Diet as opposed to dieting is a long term thing anyway. If you’ve lost 2 stone that’s great, just keep it up and you’ll get there.

There is a perseverance factor to the V-Diet though, I tend to find the first few days easy, the next week to 2 have difficult spots but are okay then it’s just plain sailing. I just wanted to tell you that the V-Diet is not the be all and end all of weight loss :slight_smile:

If you can’t do the full version, maybe try the V-Diet Lite. It’s a shake for breakfast and a shake for your final meal of the day, with HSMs in between. Good way to keep calories down, and your stuff won’t go to waste.

Hey thanks guys. really helpful. i will look into both of what you have said.

Thanks again. :wink:

I just started the V-Diet today. I am not struggling with the flavors of the protein shakes, for me it is the actual not eating. I have to keep reminding myself that I don’t want to be overweight any longer and keep pushing myself. It is going to be a challenge, but I am going to try. Any tricks to get over the not chewing??

[quote]xxgreekbratxx wrote:
I just started the V-Diet today. I am not struggling with the flavors of the protein shakes, for me it is the actual not eating. I have to keep reminding myself that I don’t want to be overweight any longer and keep pushing myself. It is going to be a challenge, but I am going to try. Any tricks to get over the not chewing??[/quote]

Chew the shake, get more digestive enzymes flowing, and lose weight.

Blend the shakes with ice to thicken them up. Chew on fiber tablets if you have to. Or a pen cap. I massacred several pen caps during my two trips through the V-Diet.

I’m doing a little bit better today. I had a bad headache from not drinking coffee for two days, but I am determined to do this. I have opted to bite my nails…terrible habit, but that is my thing!