Biotest

Help from Plazma Users?

Hey everyone,
For all of the Plazma users (especially who have been using it for a while), is it really THAT good (no disrespect intended)? I read the go-to supplements and Plazma is the runaway winner. My question is, “have you tried other products with fast-digesting carbs and aminos”? If so, how does Plazma compare?

Reading as many posts as possible, I’ve seen where it is recommended that for people with budgetary constraints (3 kids, 2 in hockey!), Plazma is the ONE supplement to get. I’d love thoughts from anyone, especially those closer to my own age (44). Thanks so much. I enjoy reading all of the posts and appreciate the help.

I’m 48. It works.

I have tried similar (former IFBB BB has something similar), it does’t compare. My Nalgene bottle also had this nasty residue after every drink.

I have been using supplements since the '80. I’ve only purchase Biotest in the last 5 or so years. I will not buy anything else, even with the exchange (I’m Canadian) and delivery charge.

Do like we did. Try it. Even if you only do 1 scoop pre, you will come ahead.

2 scoops, 5 work outs a week, two tubs. How much are you spending now and are you satisfied with what you are currently doing?

If budget is an issue, it’s always a great idea to focus on workout nutrition. <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma is the top choice there of course, and you can “stretch it” by using more or less depending on the intensity and length of that day’s workout.

Another supplement to look into is the new <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/surge-workout-fuel"target=“new”>Surge Workout Fuel. It’s darn close to Plazma but will save you a few bucks.

JFG,
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Right now, I am spending $108 (with shipping) every 1 1/2 months on my current setup (fast-acting carb with aminos pre- and intra-). I have had a great transformation with my body since cleaning up my diet back in March. However, I’m always looking to improve and stop using anything that isn’t doing what I want it to do. Right now, I am lifting 4 days/week following a routine that I love. However, leg day kills me and I am sore for 3-5 days afterwards. I don’t mind it, but, I do stand all day for work and sometimes I feel really old when I have to bend down to pick something up and my legs feel like they’re going to snap. It’s the “extra” stuff from the Plazma that peaks my interest (quicker recovery, less sore, not hitting a wall during a tough back or leg workout). Are you using Plazma for the full, 3-serving routine, 2, or just pre-? Again, thank you for taking the time to respond. I really do appreciate it!

Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really have most other things in check. Unfortunately, I was following some bad advice for a bit and not taking in carbs or protein pre-workout and only using a pre-workout and MCT oil. Have you tried using just the one serving 15 minutes prior and gauging the response or do you stick to the full, 3 servings each workout? Thanks for your time and help.

Not to imply anything, but I’m thinking the Plazma formula isn’t just simply mixing bulk casein hydrolysate, cyclic dextrin, and the other ingredients specified on the label. Maybe it is, but I have definitely tried to “recreate” the Plazma formula based on the ingredient list alone, and surprisingly I’m finding it NOT to be the same.

So maybe there is something else going on here. Again…I’m not IMPLYING anything improper…I DO believe there is some proprietary ratio’ing that is not on the label going on here as Biotest had indicated.

[quote]MDPT wrote:
Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really have most other things in check. Unfortunately, I was following some bad advice for a bit and not taking in carbs or protein pre-workout and only using a pre-workout and MCT oil. Have you tried using just the one serving 15 minutes prior and gauging the response or do you stick to the full, 3 servings each workout? Thanks for your time and help.[/quote]

I personally find that 2 servings of Plazma – one pre-loaded and one during – then a pulse of Mag-10 about 45-60 minutes after training is the perfect combo for me. I’ll sometimes bump it to 3 servings of Plazma if it’s a longer, tougher workout.

Tim Patterson has also suggested that if someone were to use only one serving of Plazma, then it’s best to use it as the pre-load.

I’ve done that, only I used Mag-10 directly after the workout. (This is my plan for a very “easy” day in the gym, like a weekend bonus arms-only workout.) But if I’m doing chest/back or a brutal leg day, then 2-3 servings of Plazma makes a big difference. I typically have two leg days a week, so I need to be recovered from leg day #1 to do leg #2.

I’ve tried a lot of combos. My favourite is 1 Plazma pre and MAG-10 after.

1 pre and 1 during gave me the best recoup

The reason for the top one is that I really like MAG-10 for my morning one hour walk with the dogs. And due to financial constraints, well, it was all I could affordable.

Order two plazma (to get a small savings) and with your 4 days a week work out, you get 5 weeks worth.

I tried 3 for a week and didn’t notice much difference from 2 servings.

JFG & Chris,
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you both for detailing everything for me (it helps a lot). As soon as I finish up my current stash, I’m going to pick up Plazma and MAG-10 and use similar dosing as JFG. Thanks again guys and have a great weekend!