Biotest

Heavy Cardio and The V-Diet

I was reading about the V-Diet, and I said that lots of cardio can make the plan counterproductive. I am, however, on a sports team that requires me to run at a minimum 2 miles a day and Sprint regularly. Is there a way I can still make the V-Diet work for me but keep up with my sports comitments?

[quote]Brucelee69 wrote:
I was reading about the V-Diet, and I said that lots of cardio can make the plan counterproductive. I am, however, on a sports team that requires me to run at a minimum 2 miles a day and Sprint regularly. Is there a way I can still make the V-Diet work for me but keep up with my sports comitments?[/quote]

No.

-dizzle

[quote]Brucelee69 wrote:
I was reading about the V-Diet, and I said that lots of cardio can make the plan counterproductive. I am, however, on a sports team that requires me to run at a minimum 2 miles a day and Sprint regularly. Is there a way I can still make the V-Diet work for me but keep up with my sports comitments?[/quote]

no

[quote]Brucelee69 wrote:

No

Try another path.

nope

There are other diets. Do those. Try the Anabolic Diet.

Best to wait until off-season.

For some who have insisted on doing the diet anyway, I’ve suggested:

1. No NEPA walks

2. Mandatory BCAA usage

3. 200 calories added to standard calorie formula

Still, not recommended.

And can I ask what you weigh? Most runners I know are fairly thin with a low BF%.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
And can I ask what you weigh? Most runners I know are fairly thin with a low BF%.[/quote]

From the type of running he does it sounds like he’s a lacrosse player.

-dizzle

According to his profile he’s 15 and can squat 500.

I love the interweb.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
According to his profile he’s 15 and can squat 500.

I love the interweb.[/quote]

didn’t you know all 15 year olds can squat 500.

if you’re running 2 miles a day+sprinting+lifting you could probably out train pretty much any amount of calories, especially if you’re 15? why would you want to do the V-Diet? if i may ask. you could just try eating a boatload of clean foods. anyone else want to chime in?

Also, you can’t get HOT-ROX if you’re under 18, so you really can’t do the V-Diet anyways.

I wonder if it’s just a young skinny guy who thinks that he is fat because he can’t see his 8 pack, not realizing that the muscles just aren’t big enough. Probably needs the reverse V-Diet where you eat 8 bowls of oats a day.

shit.

-chris

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
if you’re running 2 miles a day+sprinting+lifting you could probably out train pretty much any amount of calories, especially if you’re 15? why would you want to do the V-Diet? if i may ask. you could just try eating a boatload of clean foods. anyone else want to chime in?[/quote]

No, we would not care to chime in! You’ve summed it up pretty well if you ask me…

Dont know how wel you know your body, but the first two weeks I even had problems having the necesary energy for the Nepa Walks.

After that I did 20mins HIIT and 40mins low/medium intensity cardio on non training days. Anything more intense and your body will refuse.

[quote]Falstyr wrote:
Dont know how wel you know your body, but the first two weeks I even had problems having the necesary energy for the Nepa Walks.

After that I did 20mins HIIT and 40mins low/medium intensity cardio on non training days. Anything more intense and your body will refuse.[/quote]

Chris:

About NEPA walks, what kind of heart rate should one be looking for, you have spoken about pace so far, a bit faster than you would normally walk or 4mph/h. However, I own a Polar heart rate monitor and it would kind of good to know what is the range to shoot for.

I also know you more or less totally advice against cardio during the v-diet, but just for the heck of it I tried something like this 30s run as hard as I can then 4:30 walking/really really slowly jogging. Repeated 12 times.

It was interesting, I felt even less tired than after a NEPA walk and the calories burned was in another league according to my HR monitor. Please let me know if this is a really really bad idea to do 2 times a week on non-lifting days during the diet.

What the fuck is the V-Diet

just kiding dont do it man