Biotest

Healthy 'Gravy' Recipe

Ok so the biscuits and gravy post reminded of a little something a make sometimes.

Basically, on a weekly basis, I roast a bunch of veggies (usually zuchinni, summary squash, carrots, and sometimes tomatoes). I cut, spray on olive oil spray, cover with kosher salt and pepper and roast in a 425 degree oven for about 35-45 minutes.

Put in a food processor with low/no fat Beef Broth (1 can usually has 30 cals). Blend for a while and move to a sauce pan. Add water for your thickness needs and season as wanted. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Tastes just like gravy and is pretty much just vegetables.

I also make this as a soup with chicken broth or vegetable broth. It goes great over the top of brown rice and chicken.

Sounds good. What I do is use beef broth, ‘gravy master’, s+p, and a sprinkle of xanthan gum. Mix it with a stick blender and you’ve got a near zero calorie gravy.
Xanthan gum is expensive, $14/pound, but it lasts forever and beats using flour/starch to thicken foods; I find it very useful in my cooking.