Biotest

Headaches

My (twin) brother just tried the Velocity Diet after me raving about it. He doesn’t have much to lose but wanted to shed a quick 5 in 2 weeks before the beach. He stocked up with Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, Flameout, and some fibersure. After a day he got a headache that did not go away for 2 days, he decided to try a normal meal on day 3 (headache had not ceased) and said the headache went away immediately.

This happen to anyone? Any way to remedy it? I don’t think he’s ever been on a low-carb diet before so it may just be the way his brain reacts. He was not using Surge or anything post workout so he was getting very low amount of carbs.

Thanks.

Headaches, stomach aches and nausea. Goes away in the first week.

And no Surge or PWO meal = retarded

Could be not drinking enough fluids as your body is purging with the reduction in carbs.

I’ve done it twice and never got headaches or anything like that, the worst I had was a rumbly stomach from hunger for the first 2-3 days. I also get some increase in cramping when I’m exerting myself at BJJ for instance but this tends to reduce if I use Magnesium and Zinc.

I’d say he needs to to the diet properly rather than his way as his way obviously doesn’t work. PWO carbs are very important to the sparing of the dietary and existing protein sources and should not be missed. It could be that due to no PWO carbs and nutrition he was also leaching minerals and salts etc from his body which would again cause the headaches etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m unclear on why no-carbs on this diet is so crazy, it just makes it low(er) carb, a la Atkins diet.

My brother is doine V-Diet lite now (shakes during day) and is supposedly getting good results and likes it a lot (he has a busy job and not having to even think about what you’re eating during the day is a perk).