Biotest

Having Half Shakes Every 90 Minutes?

After years of downing protein shakes I really cant take the full 40-50 gram slug anymore without feeling sick. Im thinking of doing a 2 week V-Diet stint to push my current fat loss past a plateau.

Are there any pitfalls to doing half-shakes every 90 mins? Seems like it would be slightly better in theory, and much better for my compliance due to my job/lifestyle/aversion to cramming my stomch full of whey. I just want to make sure - Am I missing something that will make this plan go bust?

[quote]milktruck wrote:
After years of downing protein shakes I really cant take the full 40-50 gram slug anymore without feeling sick. Im thinking of doing a 2 week V-Diet stint to push my current fat loss past a plateau.

Are there any pitfalls to doing half-shakes every 90 mins? Seems like it would be slightly better in theory, and much better for my compliance due to my job/lifestyle/aversion to cramming my stomch full of whey. I just want to make sure - Am I missing something that will make this plan go bust?[/quote]

Well, you don’t “cram your stomach full of whey” on the V-Diet. You never use a whey-only protein shake. That will lead to failure and possibly muscle loss. Instead you use low-carb Metabolic Drive, which contains a blend of proteins and is much easier on the stomach that some protein powders. This is probably because of the glucono-delta-lactone. GDL basically facilitates the body’s ability to digest and utilize protein.

But that aside, drinking smaller shakes is fine as long as the numbers add up right at the end of the day.

I did this a few days when I had the time to make shakes every hour and a half, kept me more satisified.

ah true, not all whey. my bad.