Biotest

Have We Gone Completely Nuts?

My husband and I are doing this together. We started Monday 4/6. I’ve trained and done the hardcore diet for a bodybuilding show before, and I’m now asking myself if I’ve gone completely nuts?

I wish my shake would last for hours and hours…and wonder how to make it taste better. I have the chocolate and vanilla. Chocolate for 4 days strait is getting OLD.

I remember why we are doing it. To get ripped. Well, thats why I am doing it. I know in the end the results will be awesome…but for some reason today SUCKS!

I want raisins!

Liz, days 1-6 suck for everyone. I think for me, it was during my HSM when I realized that I’m in this for the long haul. And from there on, things have been relatively easy.

I’m in the same boat as you (only having chocolate and vanilla Metabolic Drive). Early on, I tried to do whatever I could to help out with the taste. I bought all sorts of extracts, spices, and sugar-free syrups. They were good initially, but I eventually decided to keep things simple and drink everything straight. Today’s day 19 for me, and I haven’t looked back.

You should try spicing things up. Cinnamon was great the few times I had it. Just make sure you don’t overdo it, or it might make you feel even worse!

It’s great working in pairs. You and your husband will do a great job together. Keep us posted!

And great avatar pic, by the way. If my wife looks that hot flexing in her dress, I’ll be the happiest guy in the world.

Joe

Yes. We are all nuts.

Totally.

Completely.

Wonderfully.

Nuts.

Ya psycho! we’re a dying breed welcome

Thanks for the support! The hub and I just got done working out! It was awesome! Can’t wait until the last meal of the night!!!

When I was done with work today I was a bitchin about the shakes, and the hub told me I could quit if I wanted…WHAT??? I’m not a quitter. I may bitch and moan, but I will never quit!!!

I suppose we are all insane/nuts/psycho…but it feels so good when everyone at the gym is staring at you. In a good way!

Any other suggestions to spice up the shakes???

Hey, welcome :wink: LOL you can quit if you wanted…that’s no fun! I guess he knows you well!

Shakes: Add extracts, cinnamon, other spices, make them hot, make them like pudding (put little bit of water and sit in fridge for a few or freezer or something like that), add da vinci sugar free syrups, make it with green tea instead of water, um…what else? Anybody?

Lisa

Hi lizstephenson

Love your pic :wink:

Yes indeed we are nuts…(I must be as I’m doing my 2nd round)…regarding shake, lisa say it all, changes textures, spice it up, mix flavor. For me vanilla this time is the worse on…FOr this shake, I either drink it in 10s :wink: or do it like a pudding with flax…Or put it in the freezer…

You’ll find ways…:slight_smile:

Hi Liz,
Yep this is pretty crazy for sure. I’m on day 8 and already looking and feeling better so it’s all worth while.

Like you, I bought the chocolate and vanilla shakes as well. First off, I mix the L-Leucine with a little crystal lite and some water and drink it seperate from the shake. With the vanilla shake I mix some orange extract, it tastes pretty good. I tried mint extract with the chocolate, it didn’t taste bad, but it didn’t really help either. I think the chocolate is what it is…gross.

Don’t worry, you’ll do great and there’s tons of great support here to help you through it.

it’s funny the chocolate is my best flavor…:wink:
or chocolate-Banana …

You did a great job this weekend my love!! Thanks for keeping me positive yesterday!!

I don’t know what your calorie break-down looks like, but when my wife and I did the v-diet, we liked to put a little coffee in the vanilla. It tastes like capaccino. Also, we lived for a once-a-week chocolate shake with natural peanut butter blended in. Not only did the flavor appeal to us, you get to chew the little bits of peanut that are in it. Chewing helps!

mmmmmmm nuts. peanut butter. yes we are all crazy.

Then again, if you do anything out of your comfort zone (aka their comfort zone), people think you need medical help. :P!

Welcome to the boards. Where the shakes taste gross and the people are frigin awesome.

Matt

[quote]LizStephenson wrote:
Thanks for the support! The hub and I just got done working out! It was awesome! Can’t wait until the last meal of the night!!!

When I was done with work today I was a bitchin about the shakes, and the hub told me I could quit if I wanted…WHAT??? I’m not a quitter. I may bitch and moan, but I will never quit!!!

I suppose we are all insane/nuts/psycho…but it feels so good when everyone at the gym is staring at you. In a good way!

Any other suggestions to spice up the shakes??? [/quote]

you are going to be SHREDDED girl!!! I’d kill for your arms!

The flavors to get boring very quickly. If you can tolerate the Vanilla Metabolic Drive…you can mix some pumpkin pie spice into it…also there are carb/sugar free syrups out there in a variety of flavors…Mint was a fave with Chocolate Metabolic Drive…check it out at www.davincigourmet.com

oops echoed Lisa…sorry

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
LizStephenson wrote:

Any other suggestions to spice up the shakes???

you are going to be SHREDDED girl!!! I’d kill for your arms!

The flavors to get boring very quickly. If you can tolerate the Vanilla Metabolic Drive…you can mix some pumpkin pie spice into it…also there are carb/sugar free syrups out there in a variety of flavors…Mint was a fave with Chocolate Metabolic Drive…check it out at www.davincigourmet.com[/quote]

Thanks for the comment…I hope I do get shredded!!! So, I got some mint extract this weekend, figure I’d just pour a little in with the chocolate…WAAAY TOO MUCH! It was so gross. But you can’t waste a shake, so I had to down the whole thing. YUCK!
I’ll try the pumpkin pie spice. =)

Impressive arms! If you look like that now, I can’t wait to see you when its done. Are you going to post pics of you and the Hub? Or did I miss it somewhere?

no, I have not posted our pics. I’m not at all impressed with my week1-week2 pics…they are gross

[quote]laujik wrote:

Then again, if you do anything out of your comfort zone (aka their comfort zone), people think you need medical help. :P!

Welcome to the boards. Where the shakes taste gross and the people are frigin awesome.

Matt[/quote]

Ok I know it cant just be me. Laujik needs a stand up comedian gig. I swear. Where the shakes taste gross and the people are frigin awesome. snicker

Yeah I agree, Liz, those arms are already rockin. Cant wait to see them when you’re done.

Lisa

So, we are 2 weeks down, 2 weeks to go! I feel awesome…I still ask myself every day, what the hell are we doing??? But thats half the fun in it. =)

The hub seems to be getting down on himself because he doesn’t feel like he is working out hard enough and he doesn’t “see” the results in the mirror. I am trying to keep him positive…and myself positive too. Its hard to “SEE” resutls in the mirror when you look at yourself every day.

We live in Colorado, and it is a blizzard. We usually enjoy ourselves when it is cold, by eating warm, bad for you foods. I love baking when its cold. But this is all about changing those habits. We got through it with our delicious protein shakes. MMM!

HSM is tonight! We can’t wait! Tomorrow is when we take pictures and do measurements. I am excited to see the numbers. Maybe after this time I’ll post pics.

I’m acutally thinking about doing another bodybuilding show. But that’s just a thought…its only been two weeks and I am already getting SHREDDED!

Pretty cool! …PRETTY COOL!

You guys SHOULD post pics! You cant see much in the mirror sometimes but you can see a lot in the pics and what YOU cant see, if you post them, we can all help you see.

Nice job getting through the cold cold blizzards without baking anything. I can only imagine how hard that is. I live in Texas now, but I grew up in Montana. And yes, baking was what we all did when it was a blizzard outside. And we sat at the big picture window watching the blizzard with nice warm home made bread and honey butter and sugar cookies and ate. All day(s) and all night.

Your HSM is definitely well deserved. Enjoy!!!