Day 1:
Weight - 193 lb
Waist - 31 in
BF% - 15.6

Day 14:
Weight - 182 lb
Waist - 29
BF% - 13.4

The weighings were done with typical balances. The BF was done by a rec center worker with a body fat impedance meter, both times. (I realize this is somewhat inaccurate, but the fact that I’ve been consistent with the method of measurement shows progress to a degree.)

Some questions I have:
-Single digit BF likely at the end of the 28 days?
-Thoughts on moving to a carb cycling program after the transition off the diet (if my goal is maximum fat loss)?

Other thoughts on the diet:
-Very difficult first week, second week easy, third week looking easier.

• The colder the water you use with the Metabolic Drive, the better. The longer you blend it, the better.
  • I’ve developed a tolerance to the HOT-ROX. Now What? Up the dosage?
  • Fiber choice = candy.

I’ll post pictures (day 1 and day 14) on saturday when I get home after finals.

Single digit BF% is possible.

Increase carbs slowly first, then think about where to go from there.

How much HOT-ROX are you taking now?

Candy? Huh?

I’m doing 2 HOT-ROX, twice a day. And, yes, the fiber sure tablets (despite the fact that they’re sugar free) taste like candy.

How tall are you? I mean 182 with a 29inch waist is sounding pretty small to me.

Had you been working out regularly before doing this diet?

Do not increase HOT-ROX over max recommended dosage. You haven’t “developed a tolerance.” It works whether you feel it or not. You may be used to the stimulatory components, but it’s main purpose is not a stimulant anyway.

Nice work, though. Very good halfway point numbers. Way above average.

Tip: Don’t just use cold water, use ice. I never make a shake without blending it with ice.

I’m about 6’, and yes, I had been working out before this diet, but only lightly regulating my diet (i.e. logging, but not necessarily logging with a goal/limit in mind). As for the HOT-ROX, Shugart’s assessment feels about right, namely I haven’t been feeling the “buzz” , but my temperature has felt (and actually tested aurally) hotter. And in the end, that metabolic increase is exactly what the thermogenic is for.

Another random though: does anyone else on the V-Diet miss cardio? HIIT? I actually enjoyed those. Any thoughts on reincorporating those into the two week V-Diet transition phase? I imagine it wouldn’t be advisable until after the transition.

[quote]TEverett wrote:
Another random though: does anyone else on the v-diet miss cardio? HIIT? I actually enjoyed those. Any thoughts on reincorporating those into the two week v-diet transition phase? I imagine it wouldn’t be advisable until after the transition. [/quote]

HIIT 2-3 times per week instead of daily NEPA is fine once you get into the Transition, and after of course.

[quote]TEverett wrote:
I’m doing 2 HOT-ROX, twice a day. And, yes, the fiber sure tablets (despite the fact that they’re sugar free) taste like candy. [/quote]

Oh… ha I was afraid you meant actual candy…

I’ll look into that stuff for myself. So the brand is “Fiber Sure”?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
TEverett wrote:
I’m doing 2 HOT-ROX, twice a day. And, yes, the fiber sure tablets (despite the fact that they’re sugar free) taste like candy.

Oh… ha I was afraid you meant actual candy…

I’ll look into that stuff for myself. So the brand is “Fiber Sure”?[/quote]

I think I called it two different things on accident. I’m using “Sugar Free Fiber Choice” which look like big antacids, and cost about $14 for a bottle.

As promised, pictures. There’s really no different in the before (left) and after (right), which is very disappointing. I’m getting somewhat discouraged despite the numbers. It almost feels as though I’ve plateaued on the V-Diet. Whatever. 2 weeks and the transition left. Hopefully I can make something happen.

Biceps…

The back…

Side shot…

Well, it’s decent progress. Give it a bit more time.

Sidenote: And you scoffed at me when I got you to go to this site.

Given the lack of real muscle mass I’d say there is definite progress around your stomach and arms.

Keep it up, you’re doing well!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.