Biotest

Guilt-Inducing Pancakes

[center] Guilt-Inducing Pancakes… That Won’t Make You Fat[/center]
There are just some foods that I can never eat again, I used to think.

Given the “slippery slope” phenomenon and the addictive nature of certain fattening foods, I assumed that after I’d gone from fat boy to fit boy with the V-Diet and Velocity Life, I’d never again be able to eat things like muffins, breads, cookies, pancakes…

Mmm, pancakes. The very thought takes me back to childhood. “Silver dollar pancakes” were the only thing I ever remember my father cooking. Fluffy, buttery, a little crispy on the outside, moist decadence on the inside. Add 2.5 pounds of syrup and I was one happy fat kid…

…who got even fatter as the years went on, thanks in part to a serious carb addiction and phobia of all things green and leafy.

Thankfully, the gym-bug bit me hard and the <a href="http://velocity.tmuscle.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30#velocity-diet-3-0"target=“new”>V-Diet cured my food issues. These days I actually have abs (thought for a while I’d been mysteriously born without those muscles). What I don’t have is pancakes for breakfast.

Until now.

Thanks again to the miracle of <a href="http://velocity.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/the_almond_flour_cure"target=“new”>almond flour and coconut oil, pancakes are once again on the menu at casa de Shugart. And they’re damn close to the real thing, even though they’re low carb and filled with healthy keep-ya-lean-and-frisky fats. They taste so good you’ll feel guilty for eating them. Check it out.

[center]Guilt-Inducing Pancakes [/center]

The Stuff

1 cup almond flour (blanched is best)
2 omega-3 enriched eggs, brought to room temp
2 tablespoons of coconut oil, virgin
1/4 cup warm water or sparkling water (which is supposed to make them fluffier)
1/4 teaspoon natural pink sea salt
1 tablespoon Splenda or sweetener of choice

Making the Stuff

Mix all the ingredients together. A hand mixer works best here. Cook as you would regular pancakes. I use a shot of Pam and either a nonstick griddle or pan. Flip when they get bubbly on top.

Notes:

1. If your house is on the cooler side, your coconut oil may be solid. In that case, heat it up a bit until it’s liquid. Also, if you add eggs straight from the fridge their coldness can re-solidify the oil, so bring them to room temp and be sure to use warm water. (No big deal though; coconut oil lumps are tasty.)

2. For extra flavor without extra calories, add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, or Mapleline (a calorie-free maple syrup flavoring).

3. Now, how do you top these bad boys without adding 8000 calories of syrup? Personally, I have them with a pat of Smart Balance butter and scrambled eggs and don’t even miss the syrup, but sugar-free preserves are a great choice if you prefer a topping. Also, you can get sugar-free syrup and honey, but beware of the sugar alcohols. Or at least don’t plan on standing around in a crowded elevator for long periods, or you may get charged with bio-terrorism.

Try these out for your <a href="http://velocity.tmuscle.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30#velocity-diet-3-0"target=“new”>V-Diet HSM or post-V-Diet eating plan and let me know what you think!

Breakfast is back, baby!

Chris i was struggling with my weight, i was gaining fat following a "balanced diet"
so i decided to go cavemen a bit and eat fat meat nuts a berries and stuff, i am to young to be on a calorie deficit, i just replaced carbs and sugar with protein and veg.

And even eating regularly i still lost some fat, humans are not meant to eat grains.

Now i go spread the word, of course nobody in thailand will believe me,
There are three kinds of thais

1.Guys who eat so little they grow to be 5 ‘3’ and are bone thin.

2.Guys who eat so much but are bred to be rice farmers that they are never fat.

3.Guys who eat so much but end up fat(usually upper class 5th generation chinese immigrants, heck the prime minister Ahbisit is ethnicly Chinese rather than thai).

I wish the USA would adopt the first name basis that thailand always uses, the Prime minister is called by his first name.

Looks great, I make something similar to this and it is just the ticket when you get the urge for a pancake!! Good Job as usual.

On week 1 of my second run through the V-Diet…couldn’t this post have waited a few more days Chris? :wink:
Looks really good though, I’ll have to give them a try. Or I might make them into waffles, not sure yet. And add blueberries.

Btw Chris, did that make two pancakes? I’m guessing maybe 4x4?

I tried making a shake using some vanilla extract and cinnamon to recreate french toast, i remember seeing one of your articles for that recipe, i used milk though because i tried it without milk and it did not taste at all like toast, i think my brand of protein sucks, it a thai brand without any flavor. I wish Biotest transferred across the globe so the shipping wouldn’t be so high.

[quote]Weevo wrote:
On week 1 of my second run through the V-Diet…couldn’t this post have waited a few more days Chris? :wink:
Looks really good though, I’ll have to give them a try. Or I might make them into waffles, not sure yet. And add blueberries.

Btw Chris, did that make two pancakes? I’m guessing maybe 4x4?[/quote]

If I remember right, this recipe serves two. I usually make one big pancake per person rather than stacking little ones.

So how many avocados do you eat a day? :wink:

[quote]jdubs27 wrote:
So how many avocados do you eat a day? ;)[/quote]

You know that old saying about how an apple a day keeps the doctor away?

It was a misprint.

The original word was avocado.

Avocado cornbread muffins.

Minus the corn.

And the bread.

Recipe coming soon.

Looks pretty tasty there Chris. Can’t wait to try em out!!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Minus the corn.

And the bread.

Recipe coming soon. [/quote]

What a tease! I can’t wait!

[quote]jdubs27 wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Minus the corn.

And the bread.

Recipe coming soon. [/quote]

What a tease! I can’t wait![/quote]

Avocado cookies?

(Yeah, I rather like these things.)

Ok, ok. I’m ordering some almond flour this week.

I’ve been using a recipe similar to this for a while. My favorite variation is to add a touch of banana extract and a ton of crushed pecans into the recipe, then top it with some Smart Balance butter spread. Amazing.

[quote]scronk wrote:
I’ve been using a recipe similar to this for a while. My favorite variation is to add a touch of banana extract and a ton of crushed pecans into the recipe, then top it with some Smart Balance butter spread. Amazing.[/quote]

That sounds great!

I love all these recipes, but I find I get into trouble with them (eating it all in one sitting). Too bad I’m not bulking.

Had to post when I saw the pancakes…my favorite thing to top almond flour pancakes with is some warmed up frozen fruit - mixed berries (some add sugar, so I always check the label) are delicious and low-carb. I just microwave until warm and spoon over. Fresh fruit is great, too, but the frozen fruit is juicier without having to cook it down and has that syrup-feel to it. A dash of cinnamon on top is also quite nice. :slight_smile:

Yeah i had a real similar recipe:

1 cup chia or almond flour
1tsp baking powder
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
2 eggs or 4 egg whites
2 scoops Metabolic Drive Low Carb (i used banana or vanilla)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk vanilla or plain

mixed all together it comes out pretty good, I usually eat them with some natural crunchy peanut butter

Damn Chris that food looks so good, I know you’ve been hit up about a recipe book. It’d be an awesome tool, especially for ffb’s like myself. Your articles are always helpful which is good and I never thought low carb eating could be so good!!