Biotest

G's Log, Second V-Diet

Today is Day 1. Some background:
My first V-Diet was about 2.5 years ago. It spurred my first go into serious lifting and training. It got me on the right path with eating. I went from 170lbs to 158lbs in 28 days.

This time around I’m 175lbs. I have a lot more muscle mass than the first time I did this but I really let my weight training slip about 9 months ago. I ended a 10 year relationship and my whole life went into total upheaval mode. I traded the dumbbells for partying during\after gigs (was in two working rocks bands).

Last week I took some pictures like I used to take every month after completing the V-Diet and was shocked to see how much I looked like I did in my first V-Diet “before” photos. I ordered everything for this V-Diet about an hour later. =P

Day1 May-28-2012
Weight: 175lbs
Neck: 14.75
Shoulders: 46
Chest - Upper: 40, 38 inch
Chest - Lower: 36
Waist - at Navel: 36 inch
Waist - at Largest: 36
Hips - At Largest: 36.5
Upper Arm - L: 13, Flexed 15
Upper Arm - R: 13, Flexed 15
Upper Leg - L: 22
Upper Leg - R: 22
Lower Thigh - : 19.5
Ankle - L: 10
Ankle - R: 10

Workout 1 in the books. Shakes just as lovely as I remember them. NO strawberry this time. I got a container of banana which is new to me. Did a bit of NEPA and some bouldering traversing. Good day.

Bit of discovery on what weight I’m using. I’ve never done any dumbbell bench pressing. Man, is that a big difference from getting under the bar. Mentally and the whole kickback routine. My chest has always been terrible and I believe the dumbbells target that a lot better than the barbell so maybe this will be a good think

NEPA, rain or shine. Or in my case today, insanely scary t-storms.

Good luck with it man, understand how hard it can be to stay on top of training when working in or with bands. Constant travel and lack of sleep tends to leave workouts at the side of the road! Not many bands are happy about taking a bar with you or a set of dumb bells either haha.

The press was killer today. I’ve never done push pressing, always a strict press so it was again some experimenting on weight. Lunges suck.

Hunger has been fine. I remember day 3 being terrible last time. I’ve been easing into the HOT-ROX a lot more this time. I never use caffeine and they screwed me up hardcore last time when I moved to 4 pills after a day. I’m still using two…will probably move to four tomorrow.

I was completely exhausted yesterday. Went to bed at 10pm, haha. I’m sore everywhere. Switched to 4 HOT-ROX a day yesterday. Getting sick of the flax seed. Really looking forward to my HSM.

Positives? I’m waking up earlier. Doing everything correctly and to my fullest.

[quote]qirard wrote:
I was completely exhausted yesterday. Went to bed at 10pm, haha. I’m sore everywhere. Switched to 4 HOT-ROX a day yesterday. Getting sick of the flax seed. Really looking forward to my HSM.

Positives? I’m waking up earlier. Doing everything correctly and to my fullest. [/quote]

Keep it up the great work! I’ve been doing everything correctly and to the best to my ability. Hard to do living under the same roof with four other people. I look forward to hearing about your successes!

Thanks, I appreciate the words of encouragement.

I woke up today and even my eyelids are sore. I’ve never been one to have much DOMS even when I was lifting at my heaviest so this is all odd to me. Feel nauseous since yesterday and not sleeping.

I’ve done high altitude alpine mountaineering, climbing to 21,000ft and honestly right now this feels like more of an effort. Think I’ll do my HSM tonight and do V-Burn tomorrow.

I was feeling a bit better after drinking some tea (first non-water, non shake consumption). I went grocery shopping and decided to do the V-Burn when I got home. I got half way through it and completely bonked. 9:01 halfway through and had no willpower left. I made an AMAZING HSM and I’m feeling completely re-energized. Will do the full V-Burn, starting over of course, tomorrow.

HSM:
Salad (just lettuce) with Balsamic Red Vinegar
Broccoli, Brussels sprouts
Porterhouse Steak
Uniq Fruit

Well that’s weird. Last night that was a picture of my HSM…let’s try that again.

Edit: Sigh, I don’t even have this picture on my computer. If a mod sees this can you delete the last two pictures. They have nothing to do with my log. Haha.

Lost 5lbs in Week 1. I’m only going to do measurements every 2 weeks, scale once a week.

Yesterday I was sick as a dog. Nauseous all day. Very hungry. Unable to move. Tried to get to the gym but was dizzy even standing up.

Today I’m feeling great. Finally hit a stride I think. Will makeup yesterdays workout.

Made up the Monday workout. Did Wednesdays. Today has just been meh.

Glad you are feeling better!

Doing HSM tonight instead of tomorrow.

Made cauliflower pizzas. Had 1 beer (I homebrew and hadn’t had any of my latest batch that I bottled a month ago. Belgian Tripple IPA @ 8.5%abv)

Not too much better than eating your own pizza made from scratch with your own beer made from scratch.

Doing a pulse fast tomorrow.

The above pizza is all lowfat \ fat free cheese, turkey bacon and pineapple. This one is super lean ground beef, chicken, turkey pepperoni.

I woke up sick AGAIN. I hardly ever get sick so feeling like total shit all the time has been a real morale sucker. I’ve done everything perfectly but feel like throwing in the towel after 2 weeks. =\

This time it’s different though. Equilibrium off, congested, hearing messed up, no energy.

Day14 June-11-2012
Weight: 168.2
Neck: 14.5
Shoulders: 46.1
Chest - Upper: 40, 38 inch
Chest - Lower: 36
Waist - at Navel: 34.1 inch
Waist - at Largest: 35
Hips - At Largest: 36
Upper Arm - L: 13
Upper Arm - R: 13
Upper Leg - L: 22
Upper Leg - R: 22
Lower Thigh - : 19.5
Ankle - L: 10
Ankle - R: 10

2 weeks to go. Hoping to have a good lift today.

How about an update! It’s been a week and we haven’t heard anything recently. Dd you makes another pizza this week for your HSM?

I did, I did. No beer with it this time either, haha. Used coconut flower and that really made the “crust” hold up pretty well.

Monday I weighed in at 167. I’ve been sick almost every other day consistently and I think that’s really interfered with the whole process. I don’t know what’s up with that. I should have just called this my bitching log. =P I’m looking forward to “transitioning”.