Biotest

Gotta Look Good for the Wedding

My fiance and I decided to do the V-Diet, and I am very excited about it. We are 4 days into the program, and it is going alright. We both took pictures and weighed ourselves, but we forgot to take measurements (oops!). I’m going to try to remember to do them tonight, since it seems like that is the best indicator of progress on this diet. I am 5’6" and 148lbs (I’m a girl, in case you haven’t gathered that). In my head, 130 seems like a nice weight, but I am not counting on getting there in 28 days. I would be happy to get to 140, and ecstatic if I was anywhere in the 130’s. And if I stick with healthy eating after the diet, perhaps I could get down to 130 in time for our fall wedding!

So far day 2 has been the hardest for me. I got held up in a meeting at work and missed one of my meals, which was really difficult to recover from…I felt like shit. I ended up having to cheat because my blood sugar was super low and I was not recovering. I was going to throw in the towel altogether after that, but I decided to get back on the wagon and give it another shot. I’m very glad I did. I’ve been very conscientious about meal timing since then (every 3 hours, no.matter.what), and that has helped loads. I feel great and am really looking forward to seeing the end results of this diet!

I’ll try to post measurements tomorrow, and also give workout updates.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to search through the logs by gender? No offense, fellas, but I am most interested in other girls progress on this diet…call it camaraderie, sisterhood, Ya Ya, etc. etc.

Welcome aboard!

Sorry, no way to search by gender at this time.

If you have any specific questions for me, be sure to pop them into the <a href="http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop"target=“new”>Ask Chris section.

Well, day 5.

I’m still feeling good, although I do go through cycles of extreme energy and then feeling lightheaded and sort of out of it. But I can deal with it. I was planning to go to the gym early in the morning with my fiance, C, but I couldn’t get out of bed (I’m not a morning person).

So I ended up going to the gym for my Wednesday workout at around 10pm. Late, but I think that might work best for me. I pushed myself really hard yesterday at the gym, and it felt good. I’m doing the beginners workout so yesterday was Romanian Deadlifts. I really enjoyed doing those and could feel them working the back of my legs during the workout.

Since my day was so busy yesterday I ended up having to do my NEPA walk on the treadmill. I put it on a slight incline and walked for an hour while watching E! True Hollywood. It was alright, but I definitely like doing NEPA walks outside with C a lot better.

The first few days all I could think about was what I was going to eat for my HSM Saturday, and it seemed like it couldn’t come fast enough…I was obsessing over it. But yesterday and today I haven’t really thought about it much or felt like I just HAD to have it asap. I’m sure it will be a good treat, but I am really fine with the shakes right now. I’ve also found that they taste a lot better to me now then they did before I started…each one seems like a treat. I think the Peanut Butter Night shake is my favorite.

Well, that’s it for now. Happy Thursday!

Also, here are my measurements. It seems like there is a lot of room for error when measuring, so I’m not sure how reliable these will be. But I suppose it’s good to have something rather than nothing.

Day 4 Measurements (forgot to do them on Day 1)
Height 5’6"
Weight 148
Neck 13
Shoulders 40
Chest - Upper 35
Chest - Lower 30.5
Waist - at Navel 31.5
Waist - at largest 33.5
Hips - at largest 42.25 <-- I may have measured this wrong. I measured my bum and not my hips.
Upper Arm - L 10.5
Upper Arm - R 11
Upper Leg - L 23.5
Upper Leg - R 24
Lower Leg - L 13.75
Lower Leg - R 14
Ankle - L 10
Ankle - R 10

I like that the only measurements that are the same on both sides are my ankles.

[quote]ktaylor27 wrote:
Also, here are my measurements. It seems like there is a lot of room for error when measuring, so I’m not sure how reliable these will be. But I suppose it’s good to have something rather than nothing.

Day 4 Measurements (forgot to do them on Day 1)
Height 5’6"
Weight 148
Neck 13
Shoulders 40
Chest - Upper 35
Chest - Lower 30.5
Waist - at Navel 31.5
Waist - at largest 33.5
Hips - at largest 42.25 <-- I may have measured this wrong. I measured my bum and not my hips.
Upper Arm - L 10.5
Upper Arm - R 11
Upper Leg - L 23.5
Upper Leg - R 24
Lower Leg - L 13.75
Lower Leg - R 14
Ankle - L 10
Ankle - R 10

I like that the only measurements that are the same on both sides are my ankles.
[/quote]

Wow KT you have very sexy symmetrical ankles… :wink:

By the way, I think it is cool that you guys are doing it together…the diet that is.

[quote]Bittabit wrote:
By the way, I think it is cool that you guys are doing it together…the diet that is.[/quote]

I know, right? My symmetrical ankles have always been my greatest asset.

I must say, I am very thankful that C and I are doing this together. It was actually his idea. He made a list of things he wants to do before he’s 30, and this was on the list. At first I thought that was ridiculous, because he is one of the leanest people I know. But then I kind of liked the idea and decided to do it with him, since we have a wedding coming up and it just seemed easier to do it together.

I admire you guys, who have to cook for others and be around food. We completely cleared our refrigerator so I don’t have to deal with temptation while I’m at home. But that’s not really possible when you have non-v-dieters around the house!!!

It is tough but I am hoping that with each time I psychologically make it through a meal without caving that I am reinforcing my new behaviours. You are a very lucky little girl.

Day 7

Saturdays are my favorite!

The v-burn challenge really sucked. I think I probably should have pushed myself a little harder, but I did find it very tiring and challenging. But this was a small price to pay for my glorious HSM. This diet definitely makes you appreciate whole, good, nutritious food a lot more. I felt like I was in heaven and having the most indulgent meal ever. Here’s what I had:

Kale Chips: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/03/baked-kale-chips/

Chicken Cacciatore: I use this recipe. http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_cacciatore_hunter_style_chicken/. Just a note, for HSM I used only skinless chicken breast, since it is supposed to be lean meat. Also, I didn’t want to buy a whole bottle of wine that I wouldn’t be allowed to drink, so I used chicken stock instead.

Roasted Carrots: This ended up being my favorite part. I just mixed it with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper and cooked them at 400 degrees until the were tender (I cut them up, so it took about 20 minutes). Roasted vegetables are my favorite when they get all caramelized, yum.

C weighed himself before our HSM (I didn’t think about doing that). He went from 190 to 180 in 7 days. After dinner he weighed himself again and was 5 lbs heavier! But that’s just all the delicious healthy food in his belly. I think I will weigh/do measurements on Wednesday, as that will be 1 week from when I first took the measurements. And I wont have just eaten a huge meal.

I feel very happy and satisfied. 1 week down, 3 more to go! After today, I feel like this diet is doable and I’ll be able to remain strong till the end.

Well, now I’ve gotta go do dishes <–The only downside to HSM’s. :wink:

Good for you. I also enjoyed a fabulous HSM. Grilled sirloin steak, asparagus, sweet potato, and fresh pineapple for dessert. It was as awesome as I had hoped. Glad you enjoyed yours also.

I agree, this diet does seem do-able. Three weeks to go…

I CAN’T WAIT FOR MY HSM.

Look forward to hearing your weigh-in results/progress tomorrow.

Day 12

I have stopped thinking about how many days into the diet I am, and instead have only been thinking about when my next HSM will be. I have been counting down the days until I get that wonderful meal, and that is all I really care about. It’s 2.5 days, in case you are wondering.

I haven’t been updating my log these last few days because the diet has really bummed me out lately, and I hate to sound depressing. These last three days have been really hard for me. Monday was an intense craving day. It wasn’t for anything in particular, just for food in general. Anything I saw or smelled I wanted, and I felt so hungry. And then there was this random craving for McDonald’s french fries, which is especially peculiar since I haven’t had McDonald’s in at least 3 years. Tuesday was much worse, but in a completely different way. While I was drinking my morning shake I felt really nauseous, and the shakes repulsed me. And it didn’t get better throughout the day. My lunchtime shake took me over an hour to choke down, and I was only able to do it by thinning it out to basically water and then forcing myself to drink my “flavored water”. Yesterday (Wednesday) was slightly better, but still a bummer and I wanted to throw up. The shakes were better because they were thinner, but still hard to drink sometimes. See what I mean? Depressing.

It’s hard for me because I don’t feel like I am seeing the progress I would like to see at this point, and that is discouraging. I want to see INCHES LOST and POUNDS DROPPED. Instead, I did a waist measurement on Wednesday (because that is really the area I would most like to lose fat), and I had only lost 1 inch. That is progress, but I want inches, plural! And when I weighed myself Wednesday morning, I’d only lost two pounds. But I was more encouraged this morning because when I measured my waist, it was 1.5 inches, and lost 3 lbs so perhaps I was just bloated. I know weight doesn’t matter, it fluctuates, blah blah blah so on and so forth. But it would be encouraging to see more progress.

I decided I will do official weigh in and measurements on Saturday, since that is my half way point. I will post the results for all to see.

Despite all this negative energy and attitude that has besieged me these last couple days, I’m still following 100%, so I do feel good about that. And I keep telling myself “This is not an 11 day diet, it’s a 28 day diet. For a reason”. So I’m going to stick to it 100% and see what happens at the end. If I’m not satisfied after 28 days, I can bitch and be pissed off when it’s over.

You’ve got a really great attitude, KT. Looks like we’re in a similar boat, though I’m almost a week behind you.

So beforehand you had been getting down the shakes faster than 1 hour? Wow. I can’t seem to drink them quickly, even to begin with. I always have to budget at least an hour to drink a shake. Maybe try spacing the shakes out further and allow yourself extra time to get them down.

Sounds like you’ve got plenty of mental discipline! I’m sure you’ll continue to dominate this plan. Keep it up.

I have always downed them quickly to just “get them over with” Today, after listening to you guys and staying on the diet, I made a much thinner one with coffee, 1 scoop of vanilla MD, Superfood and I was able to sip it…tasted pretty good with less Protein powder but I need to make up some protein powder later in the day because that one had too little.

You are a demon KT!

P.S. that was demon in a good way…if that makes any sense :slight_smile:

are you blending them with ice or using a blender bottle? When I drink my shakes I usually take the Flameout first with some shake made with cold water and make my fiber pill the desert. I also mix the flavors and different consistency’s. For change of pace with the shakes. Sometimes I forget to bring my blender bottle to work and i use my mug and stir with plastic knife and its really thick and pretend its a strawberry shake from del taco. But longest it takes for me to down is about 5 mins. I have found out about the cravings though. One day I didn’t take the HOT-ROX I felt hungry. I have not done that again. For depression I had that happen when I stayed inside. So I make point to go outside as much as possible even if its just walk around the block and that seems to help. I hope my ramblings help.

Sorry you are hitting a low point. I think it will get better and it sounds like you have a great attitude about it. I guess I have been lucky since the shakes for me go down just fine. I am getting tired of them, but they go down quick.

I am sure you will see some great results. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! I feel a lot better today, and while it is still taking me a long time to get the shakes down, I’m doing it.

Confession: I didn’t do a NEPA walk last night (gasp!). I could tell you all my excuses, but the truth of the matter is I spent too much time on the internet and then I went to bed. I’ll try not to let it happen again.

My NEPA tonight will be an hour long dance class (waltz, foxtrot, swing and salsa). C and I signed up for a dance class to coincide with our v-diet, and tonight’s the first one! I figured we might as well get in some lessons before the wedding. And since we can’t go out for dinner or drinks, this is a lovely Friday night v-diet month activity. I’m looking forward to it!

My HSM this week is getting pushed to Sunday…I have a bridal shower for a friend that I am going to. I think it will be alright. It is at a well-reviewed steak house, so hopefully I will be able to get a salad, steak, and lots of veggies (no fries!). Yum.

[quote]ktaylor27 wrote:
Day 12

I have stopped thinking about how many days into the diet I am, and instead have only been thinking about when my next HSM will be. I have been counting down the days until I get that wonderful meal, and that is all I really care about. It’s 2.5 days, in case you are wondering.
[/quote]
Haha, this is me now too. That first HSM was SO GOOD. I think I was thinking about what I wanted for my next HSM like…four hours after eating the first one, lol.

Hi KT. I hope you are still doing well, all is silent in here. Keep us posted one way or the other!

Michelle