Biotest

Good Job Biotest

Finibars, A+++.

It is now my favourite food item you guys make (food items being Metabolic Drive, Metabolic Drive Bars, Finibars). I’ve brought Metabolic Drive protein in the past (different account) and thought the protein powders were quite excellent. Metabolic Drive Bars were good but I grew tired of the sugar alcohols taste quickly. These Finibars though, PERFECT. Exactly what I want from a protein/energy bar. Basically a much higher quality Powerbar. Excellent guys, excellent.

Have you tried squishing a PB and a Chocolate one together yet? :smiley:

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Have you tried squishing a PB and a Chocolate one together yet? :smiley:

S[/quote]

Nope… but I have 4 boxes of the choco in my cart waiting for when I run low on the 4 boxes of PB I bought :stuck_out_tongue:

microwave for 15 to 30 seconds when you do, its epic…

[quote]karlrichii wrote:
microwave for 15 to 30 seconds when you do, its epic…[/quote]

Poor man’s microwave: ones back pocket :wink:

Ha, nice! and if you’re too poor for pants… well, just make sure theyre still in the wrapper when warmin em up

I’m currently on the <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/finibar-competition-bar"target=“new”>Finibar Diet as I call it. One or two pre-training for breakfast, Plazma peri-workout, then Finibars and Mag-10 until dinner. Crazy busy right now and this is helping me shed a few pounds of winter weight without having to over-think it. It’s very easy because getting to eat 4-5 Finibars a day is more of a treat than anything else.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I’m currently on the <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/finibar-competition-bar"target=“new”>Finibar Diet as I call it. One or two pre-training for breakfast, Plazma peri-workout, then Finibars and MAG-10 until dinner. Crazy busy right now and this is helping me shed a few pounds of winter weight without having to over-think it. It’s very easy because getting to eat 4-5 Finibars a day is more of a treat than anything else.

[/quote]

That’s the beauty of packaged foods, very easy to count your macros and calories with :smiley:

Chris, I travel a pretty fair amount and sometimes it’s just not practical to take Plazma on the road with me. Would Finabar be a nice replacement for my pre workout supplementation when traveling?

[quote]jpinkc wrote:
Chris, I travel a pretty fair amount and sometimes it’s just not practical to take Plazma on the road with me. Would Finabar be a nice replacement for my pre workout supplementation when traveling?[/quote]

You bet.

I’ve also packed a few servings of Plazma into a baggie then added some flavoring to a GoToob, which you can get a Bag and Baggage type stores. The Liquid Flavoring System bottle is a bit large for TCA, but the smallest GoToobs work great and they’re made to withstand air pressure changes.

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll check them out.

[quote]kissdadookie wrote:
Finibars, A+++.

[/quote]
^^should be the title of thread. Just sayin :slight_smile:

Are the Finibars still the “crunch” style? Or are they back to the original?

Loved the original chocolate and PB

[quote]Darkane wrote:
Are the Finibars still the “crunch” style? Or are they back to the original?

Loved the original chocolate and PB[/quote]

Uhm… define “crunch.”

To me it’s basically a PowerBar with a far superior profile and with bits of the occasional crispiness you would expect from the lightest of sprinklings of puffed rice.

I’m currently on the <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/finibar-competition-bar"target=“new”>Finibar Diet as I call it. One or two pre-training for breakfast, Plazma peri-workout, then Finibars and MAG-10 until dinner. Crazy busy right now and this is helping me shed a few pounds of winter weight without having to over-think it. It’s very easy because getting to eat 4-5 Finibars a day is more of a treat than anything else. [/quote]

I’ve always considered Finibars to be more about workout nutrition. If I’m eating a bar for a snack, I grab a Metabolic Drive bar. But it sounds like you use Finibars for both. Is that the case?

I usually eat a bar at some point mid-afternoon to get me through the day and to stay satiated, do you think Finibars might be a better choice?

[quote]
I’ve always considered Finibars to be more about workout nutrition. If I’m eating a bar for a snack, I grab a Metabolic Drive bar. But it sounds like you use Finibars for both. Is that the case?

I usually eat a bar at some point mid-afternoon to get me through the day and to stay satiated, do you think Finibars might be a better choice?[/quote]

You’re right, Finibars are made mostly for workout nutrition, but they’ve also become my go-to meal replacement or snack. I just prefer them and they seem to keep my energy up the best. And for whatever reason (probably the ingredients, functional carbohydrates etc) I can eat the crap out of Finibars and not gain any fat. My wife even ate them when dieting hard for her figure contest. They’re just very “clean” and satisfying. I’ve almost completely replaced Metabolic Drive bars with Finibars, though MD bars are a nice treat sometimes when I want more of a candy bar flavor. Oh, and as a bonus, Finibars don’t melt when you keep them in the car during the summer, so they’re easy to keep handy. My last Biotest package was 6 boxes of Finibars and one box of Metabolic Drive bars, so that tells a lot!

Same here. I do prefer the Finibars over the MD bars ATM. Most probably because the Finibars tastes more like actual food as well as not having the chocolate coating that would get all messy and the likes in this summer weather.

I live in Dallas, so the messy hot MD bars can definitely be an issue for me. I had a box of them melt when I did my strongman comp a few weeks ago because I left them in the car. I’m convinced. Making the switch!