Biotest

Good for Women?

I have been reading through the program and the forums. The program really seems to be something that I have been looking for but I haven’t come across a lot of feed back from women on the program. Now I am trying to scan while I am at work. But is this program a good fit for women as well as men?

[quote]cheri0183 wrote:
I have been reading through the program and the forums. The program really seems to be something that I have been looking for but I haven’t come across a lot of feed back from women on the program. Now I am trying to scan while I am at work. But is this program a good fit for women as well as men?[/quote]

Yes. In fact, many of the first V-Dieters were women. Here’s a thread with some feedback:

I have been considering the V-Diet for a really long time. It was only when my trainer suggested it that I decided to really go for it.

I do have what might be a silly question. When I first looked at the V-Diet, the calories calculated for me were 1300/1600 (I’m 64" and 160lbs, female) Now, when I go to the new 3.0 calculator, the calories are much higher (1400/1700). Currently I am following Berardi’s 7 points and stalled eating roughly 1600 kcals a day. IF I go higher or lower I will put on a few lbs, so that’s why we’ve been watching the kcals.

So the questions is why did the kcals increase? Was there something in your research that showed it was beneficial? I’m tempted to base my intake on the V-Diet 2.0 numbers.

Part of the reason my trainer suggested the V-Diet is because I have seriously plateaued despite changing things up and cycling etc. He said it was best to take the ‘diet’ out of the equation so going with the shakes seems like a good choice to jump start things back to the downswing.

Any words of wisdom before I start? My MD and Surge is on its way…

[quote]msmit002 wrote:
I have been considering the V-Diet for a really long time. It was only when my trainer suggested it that I decided to really go for it.

I do have what might be a silly question. When I first looked at the V-Diet, the calories calculated for me were 1300/1600 (I’m 64" and 160lbs, female) Now, when I go to the new 3.0 calculator, the calories are much higher (1400/1700). Currently I am following Berardi’s 7 points and stalled eating roughly 1600 kcals a day. IF I go higher or lower I will put on a few lbs, so that’s why we’ve been watching the kcals. So the questions is why did the kcals increase? Was there something in your research that showed it was beneficial? I’m tempted to base my intake on the V-Diet 2.0 numbers.

Part of the reason my trainer suggested the V-Diet is because I have seriously plateaued despite changing things up and cycling etc. He said it was best to take the ‘diet’ out of the equation so going with the shakes seems like a good choice to jump start things back to the downswing.

Any words of wisdom before I start? My MD and Surge is on its way…[/quote]

The 3.0 calories are much better - rapid fat loss AND muscle preservation, without so much hunger. Plus, it’s only like 100 calories difference. That’s needed to because the 3.0 workouts are tougher than the 2.0 suggestions. You’ll need that fuel for the V-Burn and Waterbury dull-body program.

O.K. Good. That is what we wanted to know. My trainer comes to my house and works with me here (no access to a real gym that isn’t a 45 minute commute) We have gone through the exercise plan and only had to modify the Lat Pull Down (doing assisted pull ups instead.) I think I have realistic goals as to what I want to accomplish. Since I am still really a noob at strength training, I am starting at the beginning program.

He sees what I eat and so that was why the V-Diet was suggested. I guess I am an anomaly, I have incredible diet resolve (I will eat anything you say and in what quantity - must be the military mentality I grew up with) but my weakness is making sure I get in my strength training.

Can I ask one more question? Since my current diet consists of just lean protein, fruit and vegetables (seriously, no grains or starches) my trainer suggests I do a ‘carb load’ two days before starting to reset my metabolism. He thinks that might be an issue. Have others done the same?

Thank you!

to those out there asking about this working for women…i had the best results i could have ever imagined…its the only thing that works and works fast and works forever…this program changes you as a person and modifies your behaviors, without you even realizing it!!! The key is to STICK TO IT!!! No chocolate or sneaking anything you may crave thats not a part of the program…mmmmmm peanut butter…do whatever it takes to drink the water and no sneaking anything!!!

Many of my friends ask…so what is it you did??? And then they ask… well what one thing was it for you that made the difference…it hit me…it wasn’t “one” thing…its the program…do it, no modifications and it will work…
i thought i had a good diet before…no sugar, or starches or bad carbs…strickly meats, veggies and very rarely fruits(sugar)…

funny thing is when i started this diet, the night before i had a large chix salad with guac from chipolte…no dessert, no carbs to speak of…very typical…then that night my delivery had come so guess what…no grand last supper before i started…so to you asking about carb loading…made no diff for me and i have been eating low carb since my last child was born…so about 8 yrs…i was even afraid of the Surge cause of the carbs…made a fool out of me…good thing i just let go of the control and believed in the program…it works!!!

[quote]msmit002 wrote:
O.K. Good. That is what we wanted to know. My trainer comes to my house and works with me here (no access to a real gym that isn’t a 45 minute commute) We have gone through the exercise plan and only had to modify the Lat Pull Down (doing assisted pull ups instead.) I think I have realistic goals as to what I want to accomplish. Since I am still really a noob at strength training, I am starting at the beginning program.

He sees what I eat and so that was why the V-Diet was suggested. I guess I am an anomaly, I have incredible diet resolve (I will eat anything you say and in what quantity - must be the military mentality I grew up with) but my weakness is making sure I get in my strength training.

Can I ask one more question? Since my current diet consists of just lean protein, fruit and vegetables (seriously, no grains or starches) my trainer suggests I do a ‘carb load’ two days before starting to reset my metabolism. He thinks that might be an issue. Have others done the same?

Thank you!

[/quote]

I really don’t think a carb load is necessary. And the whole “reset metabolism” thing is a bit more complicated than a day or two of carb loading. If your metabolism is truly shot, then you need weeks to fix it and probably should not start the V-Diet or any diet.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.