Biotest

Golooraam's MAG-10 Pulse Fast Adventure

Hi

so I just confirmed that my shipment for my MAG-10 Pulse Fast has arrived - so I’m eagerly waiting to see how this works out for me. I was between 210 and 234 for years, occasionally dipping down to my 190s before zooming up again.

Over the last few years, I was able to get down into the low 180s with a lot of work, but could never get any lower and would soon get back into the 190s.

This year I finally got to below 180 lbs with a lot of carbs I wasn’t eating (I was able to stick a VLC diet for extended periods of time as I working on the road with zero social life).

So, I am currently oscillating between 177.0 lbs (haven’t gotten a lick lower) to the mid to high 180s (my new setpoint so to speak).

According to my Tanita, my weight this morning was 184.2 @ 25.6% BF.

I plan on posting after each MAG-10 Pulse (1 to 2x a week) and to give any cool or frustrating updates. I am a casual lifter that went from not being able to do any pullups or chinups a few years ago to getting up to 71 chinups in 58 minutes.

My goal is to get to 160 lbs by the end of January, before my anticipated beach vacation.

Glad to see you logging your experience here!

One note: Careful with those Tanita scales. The BF part is usually WAY off. I threw mine out actually. Too wonky.

so the stuff came in yesterday

I was a touch confused, as I have never used the liquid flavoring stuff before.

I decided to go with a 10 Pulse day.

So I mixed my big nalgene (thank you Biotest) with 5 scoops of MAG-10, 3 Power Drive, and 2 capfuls of the berry flavoring mix…

took 1 cap of Alpha-GPC pre workout

well, so far I feel freakin’ great - not that much sleep and really stressed about work

I woke up this morning at 181.6 lbs @ 25.3% BF

I also decided to hit the gym

considering I am sore, pretty great workout

I did chinups and pullups last week (Thurs, Fri, and Saturday) - normally I am sore for days and days and can’t do any for like a week

this morning though

my personal best - 72 chinups in 56 minutes
I did the first 30, then walked to my car, chugged the intra workout pulse, and just kept on going

the stuff tastes pretty good - not crazy about the slight foam

also, I feel really really warm, down 3 pulses so far (pre, intra, post)

ok, that’s it for now, I know the 1 day weight loss for us fatties is not the biggest benefit of the product protocol, but I will record and post it tomorrow

I am really excited, especially about how energetic I feel

well - I dunno what to say

at the end of the day, I still wanted to move!

so I went after work and knocked 23 pullups, in sets of mostly 2

that felt amazing, my highest chinup and pullup load in a day by a long shot

just feel really happy, a touch hungry, but no way I am going to mess this pulse fast up!

epic… didn’t arnold recommend 50 chin/pull ups as a good back workout? sounds like you’re giving the oak a run for his money :wink:

First Pulse Day

I don’t want to say results, because Mr. Shugart specifically said this is not a short term effect kind o’ thang, but, pros and not so pros

10 Mag-10 scoops
2x Alpha-GPC (pre workout, am and before bed)
3 scoops Power Drive

Pros

woke up this morning looking leaner (I know subjective, but still noticeable), with arms more pumped and veiny (underneath the chub) - face much sharper this morning

my mom who I saw late in the evening, said I was looking skinnier, despite seeing me just the day before, and that was a zero carb day at that

had a tremendous workout yesterday

my morning euphoris was like ‘the greatest day of my life’

I loved the taste of my second Nalgene container - 5 scoops MAG-10 with 2 capfuls of orange

woke up this morning rearing to go to the gym, despite only 5.5 hours of sleep

didn’t feel that hungry that much - in addition, was craving ‘healthy’ food by bed time, not typical for me

Not So Pros

only lost 1.2 lbs - was a little surprised as I have a lot to lose and didn’t get the results of everyone else who is in much better shape than me - on the other side I don’t feel awful because Chris said this is not about the short term but more cumulative - but hey, it’s still 1.2 lbs lighter than what my chunk ass was yesterday

intestinal ‘discharge’ - basically had the runs the whole day, and also into this morning

Really looking forward to my next pulse fast - I am so excited to work out again this evening - I rarely do 2x a day, but my body is craving to move and lift (not a coincidence)

Pulse Numero Dos (2)

so yesterday I had carbs, a thai lunch with rice, and pho for dinner hence the gain in 5.2 lbs

so I am doing an 8 pulse fast today, 2 scoops of Powerdrive, 1 Alpha GPC before bed

185.6 lbs @ 24.7% BF

the strange thing is that my visceral fat level on my Tanita has dropped to 8, it’s usually 9

that’s weird - but in a good way

will keep yall posted

about to pop down my Alpha-GPC before I go to bed

2nd pulse fast today

felt fine - a little hungrier than the first day, but no stomach pain, which is huge!

so I guess the GI distress was a coincidence, or because I did too much Power Drive during my am workout

well well well, I am super excited

my Tanita (I know not the most reliable), gave me a readout of 182.6 lbs @ 23.8% BF and a visceral fat reading of 8

the 23.8 is my lowest ever - and I am super excited I gave this pulse fast a try

I actually ordered 2 more bottles of MAG-10 last night so I could keep doing this 1 to 2x a week

ok, just popped my Power Drive and I am off to the gym

that’s strange, just posted something and it didn’t take

I am really happy this morning as my readout was 182.6 @ 23.8% BF and a visceral fat reading of 8

I know the Tanita is far from a gold standard but I have NEVER got a reading that low on BF% so I am really happy I gave this a try

I actually order 2 more bottles of MAG-10 yesterday - so now I’m off to the gym

I have an Indian singing function today, so it will be a lot of not so figure friendly food, but I’ll ractchet back down tomorrow

[quote]golooraam wrote:
about to pop down my Alpha-GPC before I go to bed

2nd pulse fast today

felt fine - a little hungrier than the first day, but no stomach pain, which is huge!

so I guess the GI distress was a coincidence, or because I did too much Power Drive during my am workout

[/quote]

Im glad to see you had no GI problems the second pulse. Im trying pulse number 2 tomorrow and after the pain of the first one, im really hoping my system can handle it this time.

well, this is interesting

my strength in the gym was really good, markedly better on my chinups

lately I can do a set of 5, then a set of 4, then I have to drop down to sets of 3 and 2 - I try to get to 30 to 60 reps per workout

yesterday, I did a set of 5, then I was able to crank out sets of 4 for quite a while

as I mentioned yesterday, I knew yesterday was going to be a disaster calorically, but this morning I’m only up 2.9 lbs, normally a day like yesterday would be a 5 to 6 lb increase for me…

I’m shooting for my next pulse to be on Tuesday, will keep yall posted

I had similar problems with my stomach from the MAG-10 when I first got it. I found that for me I needed to not chug and make sure I spaced it out or it would wreck havoc on me. Also I find that without solid food beforehand it does the same thing which is why I’m kind of leery about starting a fast like this. Its the same reason I’ve never done a V-Diet, my stomach just can’t take too many shakes and really rejects Surge Recovery. If you guys happen to find a best case solution for drinking the MAG-10 during the fast (maybe slow sips over 20 minutes?) I’d like to hear it.

[quote]steelechris wrote:
I had similar problems with my stomach from the MAG-10 when I first got it. I found that for me I needed to not chug and make sure I spaced it out or it would wreck havoc on me. Also I find that without solid food beforehand it does the same thing which is why I’m kind of leery about starting a fast like this. Its the same reason I’ve never done a V-Diet, my stomach just can’t take too many shakes and really rejects Surge Recovery. If you guys happen to find a best case solution for drinking the MAG-10 during the fast (maybe slow sips over 20 minutes?) I’d like to hear it.[/quote]

I can’t give you a specific tip on the MAG-10, as I have not tried it. But, if you have trouble with shakes, I would recommend:

1. Mix them slightly thick, to reduce the ingested volume. I pretty much use the minimum amount possible to get it to mix.

2. Rather than concentrate on spacing out the sips, make sure you hold each sip in your mouth for a bit and swoosh it around some. Saliva is also a digestive fluid, and for me, apparently a very important one. Space out the sips so that you can clear the film. This will make more sense when you have a sip of really thick shake.

Now, mixing Surge with less water may not work since the water you drink during the workout will just hang out in your stomach to try to dilute it. My experience with Surge was that I needed to drink half immediately following the workout, and then begin sipping on the other half starting 30 minutes later. This was more to avoid an insulin crash than for gastrointestinal reasons. Maybe try that? See if it helps?

Numero Tres today (3rd Pulse)

this morning, 179.0 @ 25.8% BF (not worrying about the Tanita BF reading but just noting it, am losing fat, can tell by my belt tightening)

I worked out yesterday, did 90 reps on my Perfect Pushup set in the am (25 minutes)

during lunch, did 31 pullups in 34 minutes

on my home, stopped at the gym and did 20 more pullups in 16 minutes

so, I am taking today off while doing an 8 pulse fast

1 scoop Power Drive
8 scoops MAG-10
Alpha-GPC before bed

so far, no stomach problems either, very happy about that

about to go to bed, took a capful of my Alpha GPC

main thing to report is that today - no stomach issues

3rd pulse done

unfortunately, the stomach issues were delayed and condensed, all into this morning - hopefully they have passed, but it was a tough running to the can this morning

workout was great, focusing on getting to 30 reps of chinups with additional weight

used a 15 lb dumbell - 31 reps total, 3 sets of 3, then 11 sets of 2 - 34 minutes
so I am getting stronger

that was pretty cool - I am not going to do anymore bodyweight chinups - I want to keep adding weight

woke up looking slightly more decent, actually wore a thin sweater with horizontal stripes, the kind I try to avoid being on the chubby side

Weight: 177.6 @ 25.4% BF

really looking forward to breaking the 177 barrier next Friday when I weigh myself

I didn’t do a pulse fast this week, plan is to do one next Tuesday for pulse 3

but I did break my plateau of 177

got to 176.6 lbs @ 24.5% BF

so I didn’t hit a plateau yet, so I haven’t done pulse 3

I dipped down to 175.8 lbs - then I got railroaded by two days of bachelor party meals and birthday meals for friends - up 7.2 lbs in two days!

gonna push pulse 3 to my next stall