Biotest

Going to Miss Several Days

Folks,

So I have a bit of a problem right now. I’m on the V-Diet, sticking with it, but my parents (no wisecracks) have decided to visit my sister in medical school for easter. This will require leaving for five days. I’m unsure what to do at this point, as my parents are not as open minded to dieting as I am. Also, I’ll be spending about 48 hours in a car with no way to obtain fresh water to mix the shakes (or to clean out the old bottle!).

My current idea is that I will extend my program by a week, and eat as healthy as possible on the trip (minimal carbs, lots of fruits/vegs).

Any advise for this situation would be great.

If you really wanted to do it, you would.

There have been successful V-Dieters fighting in Iraq for God’s sake.

Sack up.

pack your powder, supplements, shaker bottle and lots of bottled water.

problem solved.

My advice is that you are a grown ass man and should tell your parents you are making a change for the better…its not like you’re forcing THEM to drink shakes for 28 days

Or you could just not join them on the trip…either way, like chris said, sack up…You honestly expect us to believe that you will be in a car for 48 straight hours without stopping for sustenance?

But if you want an easy excuse out of the V-Diet, then it looks like you’ve “found one”

Get a small expandable cooler for yourself only from walmart. Get as many cheep freezer bottles from walmart that will fit in that cooler. Fill all the bottles with cold water and store in the cooler. Premeasure all your shakes for the time you will spend in the car and put in baggies. When you stop at a restaurant or rest stop or hotel or somewhere because im sure you will have to stop at some time to sleep or pee or eat or stretch within 48 hours, do all your cleaning and refilling of water there.

For the training part, use your cooler full of water bottles which are full of water or fill two trash bags with rocks or something heavy enough to resemble weights that are good for you and pack those. When you get out on a break at a rest stop or wherever, do however many exercises you can while your parents do whatever they do.

For NEPA, when you stop for whatever reason even if for 10 minutes, bring a jump rope and skip or jump the whole time. Do this in enough 5-10 minutes spurts and you got your NEPA, or at least good enough for your situation.

Probably more ideas out there, but this is what I would think to do as I plan this trip around the vdiet.

Lisa

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
My advice is that you are a grown ass man and should tell your parents you are making a change for the better…its not like you’re forcing THEM to drink shakes for 28 days

Or you could just not join them on the trip…either way, like chris said, sack up…You honestly expect us to believe that you will be in a car for 48 straight hours without stopping for sustenance?

But if you want an easy excuse out of the V-Diet, then it looks like you’ve “found one”[/quote]

Looks like everyone beat me to it. You either do it or you don’t. There’s no middle ground.

There are definitely ways to get fresh water, since there is no way you will be in the car for 48 straight hours. You can always buy water at the gas station, or better yet, bring your own water in a cooler! You can bring all your supps with you and pack the ones you’ll need for the road.

Let’s hope you make the right choice.

x 4 or 5 you either make it work or you don’t.

I myself am only on day #2 but April 10th - 13th I’m going to the Bahamas to visit some family. I plan on sticking through and through mainly because its something I want?only difference is my HSM will be kangaroo meat or some sort of fish instead of a normal steak. :o)

You could buy a ton of water bottles like Natural Springs or Aquafina and gallon jugs?. You can empty the disposable water bottles pre-fill with your shake stuff add water when needed drink and throw away bottles

I think it’s good that you asked though instead of just assuming your plan is the best plan. That’s what we’re here for, in my opinion. To help keep you on track when you see a possible diversion. since we all know how difficult it is to stay on target. Since you werent sure about your plan, it was the right thing to do by asking.

[quote]crazytrain86 wrote:
Folks,

So I have a bit of a problem right now. I’m on the V-Diet, sticking with it, but my parents (no wisecracks) have decided to visit my sister in medical school for easter. This will require leaving for five days. I’m unsure what to do at this point, as my parents are not as open minded to dieting as I am. Also, I’ll be spending about 48 hours in a car with no way to obtain fresh water to mix the shakes (or to clean out the old bottle!).

My current idea is that I will extend my program by a week, and eat as healthy as possible on the trip (minimal carbs, lots of fruits/vegs).

Any advise for this situation would be great.[/quote]

It will be hard, but you will benefit more from resisting temptation if you just stick with it during the trip. You will be glad you did. I would find it hard to go back to shakes if I spent 5 days or more eating solid food. It’s not like you are going on a vacation. It’s just a visit to your sister. Many are dieting through Easter and birthdays and all kinds of outside temptations. This is a test. Are you up for it?

Lots of good advice here, plus one of those swift kicks in the britches I wrote about in the V-Diet program. Both helpful we hope.

What have you decided?