Biotest

Going to Be a FFB!

Hello folks,

I’m in with in the V-Diet madness :slight_smile: I have always been a lurker on this site than a poster. I think it’s time to change this in doing this diet holding myself accountable publicly. I’m also hoping that the support of others doing this diet will help me get through it this time around.

In the past, I have started this diet countless times and failed miserably, not because of the diet, but finding a dozen reasons not to continue. All pitifully, sad, lame-ass excuses, really. And I wonder why I (still) have a tire round my middle LOL. I guess I didn’t want to change that much, no matter how much I pissed and moaned to myself at being a fattie. I am pissed-off with myself and how I look–It’s time to finally commit.

I read a lot of the success stories and progress posts on Sunday, and decided to bite the bullet and to suck it up…the only thing I have to lose is my spare tire, so how bad can it be? Well, I guess I’ll lose my dignity if I fail, and I don’t want to fail. I want to thank all of you who have been actively posting their progress and results…it’s beyond motivating and I look forward to seeing more, including those of my own.

I started on Sunday, June 26th. I want to lose 25 pounds of flab to be at 210 pounds at the end of the four weeks, and lose another few when transitioning. I took photos on Sunday, but have to re-do them as the flash setting is messed up and the photos are too dark. I hope to get those up in the next day or two.

Weight and measures:
Height: 73 inches
Weight: 235 pounds
Neck: 17 inches
Chest: 44.5
Right upper arm: 15.5
Left upper arm: 15.5
Right forearm: 13.25
Left forearm: 12.75
Waist: 44.5
Hips: 43
Thighs: 26.5
Calves: 17

Good luck fella. I start mine on Monday. I’ll be keeping tabs on you so no excuses this time.

Thanks! That’s what I need to hear! And I’ll be watching you as well.

Starting pictures: Front

Starting pictures: Side

Starting pictures: Back

Holy crap! Nothing like a few photos to slap my fat ass back into reality! I see I have some posture issues to work on as well as the melting the tire.

[quote]FGG wrote:
Holy crap! Nothing like a few photos to slap my fat ass back into reality! I see I have some posture issues to work on as well as the melting the tire.[/quote]

You’ll be “burning rubber” in no time…lol…I’ll be following…

It’s funny how the pictures can accentuate the posture issues. I didn’t even know that I had issues until I saw my beginning photo. That was a wake-up call indeed. Good luck along the way!

I have no doubts you will reach your goals… You seem very motivated and well informed.

I will be keeping up with this, good luck man…

I"ll be a day behind you (and in your age range)…so i’ll be looking forward to you updating your progress!

Day 4. After today I’ll have completed a 7th of the plan LOL. I read Chris’s The Step Construct (link page as well as some other motivational articles: http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/bonus_articles_for_vdieters ) I am taking this one day at a time, and as much as I want this to be over and done with, I want to learn more about myself and experience the journey. So far, so good.

Every time I have a craving, I put my hands on my gut and think how good it will feel to feel less of it in six weeks (or none of it!). It doesn’t kill the craving immediately, but helps me to re-focus. The diet’s not been too bad so far outside of the few cravings which I hope will disappear. I have been eating much better the last 5 months and dropped 15 pounds and having been eating reasonably clean foods, but still have quite a ways to go.

But, I will get there taking each day as step towards a better, healthier, better looking body. Hardest time of the day is watching tv in the evenings…not missing snacking really, but this is where I would be sucking down a bottle of wine.

I will start my workouts today, the beginner’s program as I have not been consistently working out the last few months. I should have started Monday, but slept “funny” on Sunday night (or tried to sleep) and woke up with a major neck/shoulder ache. Today everything is nearly unkinked, so I feel good to get started.

For those who have been on the diet for a bit, have you noticed that your fat is a bit more jiggly or watery (perhaps better is less “firm”-well, as firm as fat can be LOL)?

First workout completed…what a freaking eye opener-I’m drenched in sweat and why do these things look not so bad on paper? Cripes! Not complaining, mind you, but what sadistic f*ck invented plank holds? LOL I’m not sure which was worse, struggling to hold myself up for an appalling short amount of time, or the sweat running into my eyes burning them, or both?

Dumbbell squats 40 kgs 9, 9, 9, 9, 4 (need to up the weight next time)
Dumbbell bench 20 kgs/side 9, 9, 9, 6, 4, 3
Bent over barbell rows 30 kgs 9, 9, 8, 8, 5, 3
Plank holds 30 sec, 20 sec, 15 sec, 15 sec (do I need to do these f*ckers 4 times or just twice? - Please tell me only two times LOL)

LOL…I just did my first workout this morning too and I was drenched in sweat as well. Im doing the Intermediate and I had to do plank holds (1 minute) because there is no ab roller at the gym. thank goodness I was doing those in shadow boxing class previously, i remember my first one i only lasted 10 seconds…keep it up it gets better!!

also good tip on grabbing some fat on yourself when you think about being hungry…i’m gonna try that!

I started on Monday. First time for me … Velocity Virgin! So now, it’s the end of the 3rd day. Other than headaches, I’ve no complaints.

Good on you, buddy, for posting pics. I’ve almost screwed up enough courage!

And thanks, everyone, for writing about your experiences. It all helps.

I raise my peanut butter shake to all aspiring FFBs and FFGs. :slight_smile:

Rhodester

[quote]…
Dumbbell squats 40 kgs 9, 9, 9, 9, 4 (need to up the weight next time)
Dumbbell bench 20 kgs/side 9, 9, 9, 6, 4, 3
Bent over barbell rows 30 kgs 9, 9, 8, 8, 5, 3
Plank holds 30 sec, 20 sec, 15 sec, 15 sec (do I need to do these f*ckers 4 times or just twice? - Please tell me only two times LOL)[/quote]

You did the plank hold for 4 sets? Jesus, man… how? I haven’t even started the diet yet, just tried to ease myself into the workouts and those things freakin’ killed me! The V-Diet only says “Hold as long as you can. Rest 45 seconds. Repeat.” My assumption was that meant you only do it 2 times. Did I read it wrong?

LOL No, you did not read it wrong, I did. You can see that the last two were only 15 seconds long. I could only mentally curse the inventor of those things as I using every bit of energy to stay up for as long as I could. They kicked my butt!

Day 5 of 42 (more realistic as the whole thing is 6 weeks long). So far so good. Cravings have subsided (it might be the heat as it’s pretty warm here and a bit humid). I jumped on the scale this morning just for shits and giggles-down 4 pounds, but will let Saturday’s measurements be my guide. No lack of energy–all going well!

thanks for posting!!! Great to hear your progress…it sounds like things are going well…stay positive…the scale thing is minor compared to whats really happening!!! will follow your progress…stay strong, it will be great to see your progress!!!

Hi! Aren’t you so glad you started?! Planks were my nemesis, too, but they get easier with each passing workout because you’re getting stronger. I’m on Day 25 today! I’ve lost just 11 pounds so far, but I see the biggest difference in my clothes and my strength. Not drinking is a challenge for me, too… but I haven’t touched a drop of red wine, even while keeping friends company over dinner at an Italian restaurant! If I can do it, YOU can do it.