Biotest

Goal: Lower My Blood Pressure

So I started the V-Diet on Saturday mostly because I’m sick of how I look. Also, my blood pressure has been high lately - not too high, but high enough that I should be proactive. I want to get it under control before it becomes an issue.

Saturday was pretty tough for me. I craved all kinds of crazy things and was pretty nauseous for most of the day. Yesterday I was cranky and tired (I’m sure my boyfriend LOVED that). I skipped the last shake because I couldn’t drink anything else. I just ate the two tablespoons on peanut butter. I’ve never appreciated peanut butter more than I do now. I also tried putting raspberry extract in my third shake. It was soooo much better. It tasted like chocolate raspberry cake. I was so happy.

Today I’m alright, but hungry. I’m trying to find the energy to go to the gym. I will be my first time doing many of these exercises so I’m a little nervous, but hopeful. I find that the videos are really helpful. After that I’ll go on my NEPA and try to fill the time with something other than food.

I found that reading the logs and the Ask Chris forum has kept me motivated. I’m hoping that this log will keep my honest with myself and keep me going.

I just got back from the gym. I did okay. I probably could have used more weight but I have knee issues (inflamed I think the doctor said) and didn’t want to mess them up on the first workout. Now I’m trying to make it through the Surge drink but it’s so sweet. I love sweet stuff but this is ridiculous. Also, the portions of the power are crazy! Do I really need two scoops?

Good luck and stay strong.

Thanks Brick Wall! It has been getting easier. I cheated once and didn’t finish the Surge. Instead I had a handful of almonds. I felt really bad about it and hopefully won’t cheat again. I’ve found that the shakes are easier to get down and I don’t have crazy food dreams anymore. I’m also not as nauseous. I’ve been really lucky. My boyfriend has done this twice and is really supportive. I’m sure I’ve been a pain for the last few days but he’s been awesome.

Tonight I’m having my first HSM and I’m so excited. I’m having a whole wheat roll, salad, steak, broccoli, and a sweet potato. For dessert I’ll have strawberries. It’s weird, I don’t crave sweets. I’m actually craving healthy foods. It’s good because I usually eat crap. Tonight I’ll go to the gym, probably pretty late so my food will digest before hand.

Other than that, not much to report. I think my face is looking thinner. I’m pretty sure that’s all the water weight. Hopefully the real fun will begin soon. Happy fourth everyone!

Just a quick update. I’m still going strong. I just weighed myself for the first time since starting. Today is day 12 and I’m down 13 pounds. Losing 2 more will bring me down to an overweight BMI. I’m under no delusions that being labeled overweight is a good thing, but it’s significantly better than obese - yay one less statistic! In two weeks I have a doctor’s appointment. It’s the first time in a long time I’m not dreading being weighed and having my blood pressure checked.

I’m feeling awesome, except now I’m hungrier throughout the day. I think it’s because my metabolism is doing what it’s supposed to do. If you’re on the fence about doing this, stop. Just do it. You’ll look better, feel better, be stronger, and a be healthier person.

Good morning! So my weight has stayed the same but I’m definitely getting stronger (I think that means I’m still burning fat and gaining muscle). I have way more energy and am in general happier. Last night I went to a restaurant for my HSM. I realized that during my “normal” life we go out to eat pretty often so I needed to practice my new skills. I did pretty well. I started with a salad and unsweetened iced tea. I got roasted chicken, snow peas, and wild rice. The meal came with fries so I had to request a substitute (rice). It was really hard to do that but I’m glad I did.

We walked to and from the restaurant for NEPA and when we got home I have a handful of grapes. I think it was successful!

I realize that no one is going to make healthy eating easier for you. You have to actively seek out healthy options and ask for them when they aren’t available. My sister is having a cookout in a couple weeks. I plan on offering to bring skinless chicken breast so there’s an option besides hamburgers and hot dogs. I know it’s okay to splurge some times, but I struggle with not making some times all the time.

9 days to go!