Biotest

Gluten Free for 2 Year Olds

I recently discovered i was gluten intolerant by food sensitivity test, have felt amazing changes since. I am not entirely strict with it, just mainly eliminated bread pasta pastry etc and opt for rice more and gluten free options but am not strict with sauces etc.

I was told however if you completely eliminate gluten from your diet it can be bad for you?

My question chris is my daughter is two and a half and i see her stomach bloated some days especially when coming back from nursery. What are your thoughts on young children going gluten free or is that just crazy and let her grow as normal?

Appreciate your time.

D

1. Incorrect. There’s no benefit to gluten, although I recall some packaged food makers trying to argue this point. They are flat-out wrong and obviously biased. It’s like saying you “have” to have milk for the Vit. D, yet Vit. D isn’t even naturally in milk; it’s added at a factory.

2. Considered the rampant negative effects of not just gluten but other things in wheat food, it’s fine to cut her back.

See the book “Wheat Belly” for all the science and references. Here’s a good summary: http://thehealingproject.us/2012/09/22/book-summary-wheat-belly-by-william-davis-md/

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

1. Incorrect. There’s no benefit to gluten, although I recall some packaged food makers trying to argue this point. They are flat-out wrong and obviously biased. It’s like saying you “have” to have milk for the Vit. D, yet Vit. D isn’t even naturally in milk; it’s added at a factory.

2. Considered the rampant negative effects of not just gluten but other things in wheat food, it’s fine to cut her back.

See the book “Wheat Belly” for all the science and references. Here’s a good summary: http://thehealingproject.us/2012/09/22/book-summary-wheat-belly-by-william-davis-md/[/quote]

Thanks Chris,

glad to have your advice!

P.S thanks for the gluten free pizza base, just had your mexican pizza and butternut squash, unbelievable! Havent been on T Nation in over a year but great to have you preaching the gluten free diet now! Will change my world!!!