Biotest

Giving it a Go

Hello all,
as for my background, i have been lifting for the last three years of college but really hit it hard this last four months. As many experience, college is a time where i drank lots and ate horribly. It has come time where i am sick of my shitty diet and this last four months i refined it quite well but it hasn’t been enough. So i decided to try this diet however skeptical i am.

So far i am on day three starting this Monday. I am used to protein shakes since i have been using them for the past year or so. I have found it incredibly hard to resist food though but have sustained so far and have no doubts for the rest of the time

My beginning stats are as follows:
Height: 5’11"
weight: 240.8
Fat %: 34.5% although i know this to be wrong but using as a reference at the end
neck: 16.5" Shoulders: 53
Chest upper: 45.5 lower: 46.5
Waist navel: 41.5 largest: 43
Hips: 46 arm upper L and R: 15
Upper Leg L and R: 29 Lower L and R: 17
Ankle L and R: 9.75

Not sure if im measuring in the correct places but will keep the same throughout

the gym in the small town i am for the summer doesn’t have a decline bench ( yeah WTF right) so i am open to suggestions on a replacement lift but i improvised for now

My first work out was as followed
Deadlift: 295x 9, 9, 9, 8, 3, 2
Decline cable press from sitting: 100x 9,6, 80x 7,7 70x7,4
assisted pull up: -75x6,4 -87.5x 7,6,5 -100X 8,6
Hand walkouts x 40

The second day went well and i should note that i have been using a mixture of Casein and Whey protein by Optimum Nutrition instead of MD since i still had a good amount left but will be switching over to MD once it is gone.

Also will have pictures posted once i find my camera cable

Day three has been going well, i am just sorta hungry for most of the day but it isn’t unbearable since i have been drinking tons of water since i seem to be really thirsty from all the protein. Off to the gym for workout 2

Workout two went well for as sore as i am…
Front squat: 165x5,5,5,5
DB bench: 75x5 80x5,5,3,2
Assisted chin ups: -0x4, -25x4, -50x5,4,3

I decided to try my normal pre lift drink since i still had some, and i had taken a HOT-ROX an hour prior. my head felt like it was on cloud 9 but i powered through. After lifting i felt incredibly hungry but the Surge drink helped. Anyone else think the raspberry Surge tastes like a super sugary cotton candy? ha!

Day 4 went off with out a hitch. really starting to crave some food especially with the roommate cooking dinner.

Excited for today day 5 since ill be getting together with some friends for the weekend i have been saving my HSM for tomorrow where we plan to go out for dinner! can’t wait for something substantial.

Good luck mate.

If they have a step (aerobic style) you can use it under the bench to make it decline, that’s what I do at my gym.

good luck… i hate the rasberry Surge…
too sweet… tastes like rock candy with
a horrible after taste… glad someone can enjoy it

Day five went well with the traveling since i made the shakes prior to leaving. Got my lifting done later that evening and it looked like this
Rev Lunge 2x50x8,8,8,8,8
bent over row: 115x8 155x8x8x8x8
barbell push press 95x8,8,8,8,8
barbell curl: 65x8,8,8,7,6,3

day 6 was a pain since i was moving some stuff from an old place to our new apt. that was on the third floor so i got plenty of NEPA then. for dinner i ate at a steak house and had a sirloin with a salad w/fat free dressing and baked beans and a water. surprising how fast i got full when usually i would still have been hungry which is a great sign.

Day five went well with the traveling since i made the shakes prior to leaving. Got my lifting done later that evening and it looked like this
Rev Lunge 2x50x8,8,8,8,8
bent over row: 115x8 155x8x8x8x8
barbell push press 95x8,8,8,8,8
barbell curl: 65x8,8,8,7,6,3

day 6 was a pain since i was moving some stuff from an old place to our new apt. that was on the third floor so i got plenty of NEPA then. for dinner i ate at a steak house and had a sirloin with a salad w/fat free dressing and baked beans and a water. surprising how fast i got full when usually i would still have been hungry which is a great sign.

sorry for the double post… day seven and just finished up my first V challenge and i will say that it really sucked, but in a good way. It destroyed me but that is what i need so its great. i set my goal at 35 min and unfortunately i finished after 37. It definitely whooped my butt though… for the last two circuits i couldn’t do clappers so i did straight push ups.

I felt kinda sick afterward and i think it is due to the HOT-ROX which i took only 45 min prior so i think i need to have a longer wait period

well today was rough… i was sore from the burn challenge and work was a very labor intensive ten hours

I was feeling good however going into my workout and my front squat reps were feeling really light. I increased the weight and i still could do five reps pretty easy so i went to 205… but on the third rep i felt something pop in the back of my calf by my knee.

it didn’t hurt to bad and i pushed through but as you can see my reps suffered

F squat: 165x5 185x5 205x3 195x2,1,1
Lat pulldown 140x5,5,4,3,2,1
DB Bench 80x5,5,4,3,2,1
Ab wheel- anyone else feel like their lower abs are always sore!? lol

also i decided to wait on measuring and pics till week two for i seem to look and think ill measure close to the same

day 9… not too shabby. all is going well. i have been pretty hungry all day. one more shake to go then day ten

today was great! i think my body has finally adapted to the diet. I was just a little hungry all day but i think that is a great sign. i took the HOT-ROX at different times than the shakes throughout the day and i think it had a better effect.

Work out 6 went great. i felt really energized and my leg hardly was bothering me. i keep trying to up my weight even though the rest goes down so that i am pushing my self harder than week one. here is what it looked like
rev lunge: 65dbsx8(light) 75x8,8,8,8
bent over row: 115x8,8,7,5,6,6 (concentrating on form here
BBcurl: 65x8,8,7,6,5,5