Biotest

Getting Started

I am completely new to this, but I have been poking around on here and have been so inspired by everyone’s progress. I hope that I can get some similar results.

I am starting this diet because I am sick of the stress-eating. I am a grad student right now and my stress levels are at an all-time high, as is my weight!

Today is my first day. I will get weight and measurements up soon - but I will cringe as I post them.

I have planned my shakes to be every 3 hours: 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm

I know the last shake is pretty late, but since I am up late and I am always hungry around this time, I figured it would be okay. But input any input on that would be great!

My checklist for today in no particular order:

• Drink shakes every 3 hours
  • Study
  • Gym
  • Post Measurements
  • Stay Positive

Welcome aboard.

Make that Stay positive to be checked throughout the day!

Thank you for your response.

I weighed myself at the gym today - 136.5. I don’t have measurements yet, as I am still trying to find measuring tape - but that will come soon. Hopefully I can measure tonight, and post the stats tomorrow.

So I am starting at:
Height: 5’4
Weight: 136.5

Last spring, I was in the best shape I have been in a long time. I weighed 120 then, and I felt so strong/confident. I am hoping to get back to that feeling - but 17 pounds is a lot to lose. It seems like “staying positive” is one of the harder things on my list to do…

Ok here are some photos…

Height: 5’4
Weight: 136.5
Waist: 32’
Hips: 38’
Upper Thigh: 23.5’

and another unflattering picture…

What I found helpful was when I got to the point where I felt like I was going to break I just told myself I will quit in the morning. Morning came I I’d keep going around another day.

Mind you I only lasted 23 days.

Welcome!

Keep us posted and be sure to hit me with any specific questions in the “Ask Chris” forum.

Welcome aboard! You can do it!

I started today myself, so its cool to see some others basically going through it with me. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all the words of welcome/encouragement!

Today has gone well so far - I am quickly realizing how fast 3 hours go by because I feel like I am constantly blending my shakes.

Off to the gym in an hour. I think I will weigh myself tomorrow to see if I’m getting anywhere. I know tomorrow will only be Day 3, but here’s to hoping that all 17 pounds was just water weight and will be gone by tomorrow - wishful thinking…

Day 3

Had a good day. My shakes were spaced out awkwardly because I had an exam in the afternoon. But I stuck to the plan!

Other than that everything went well. I took what I thought was going to be a relaxing yoga class in the evening, but it turned out to be a full on workout. I left not only feeling relaxed, but also dripping sweat!

I’m already feeling leaner. I am going to wait as long as I can before I weigh myself. My goal is to wait until Sunday morning, but I’m guessing my curiosity will get the best of me before that. We will see…

Also, I am not taking HOT-ROX, so I hope this doesn’t stunt my progress - but my energy levels are doing good despite this.

Way to go! We are on the same day.

As for the HOT-ROX, I know you can leave these out. I am not taking them either.

iamthesamurai: Thanks for following my progress! As for the HOT-ROX, I don’t take it because it increases thyroid levels. I have thyroid disease, as is, and I don’t want to interfere with my thyroid medication. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one leaving it out.

I understand. I am not taking because I have high blood pressure (though hopefully after the V-Diet, I won’t). :slight_smile:

But the diet is working for me so far without it and Chris has said that you don’t have to take them, so you should be good without them.

Day 4

Today went well. I woke up starving, but then after my morning shake I wasn’t that hungry for the rest of the day. Feeling good and staying away from the scale, but I am very curious to know my progress on the scale.

I forgot to mention that I wanted to do a fast yesterday, but after I thought about it a little more I didn’t think I was ready for it. Maybe after I have one week down, I will try it - we will see…

Day 5

Went well. Even went through the drive through at McDonald’s with the bf at 12am without getting anything, not even a twisty cone. I don’t normally eat fast food, but I can’t resist frozen yogurt. We came home and I made a shake. I was actually short a shake that day, so it wasn’t an extra one. All in all, day went well. I had a really good workout and stayed at the gym longer than I anticipated to walk on the treadmill.

Day 6

Just came back from my workout. Again, I stayed longer at the gym to walk on the treadmill. Right now, I still feel like I have a lot of energy. I feel like I could go back to the gym and do a whole other workout - but let’s not get ahead of ourselves - that will not be happening.

About to make a shake and do some more studying.

Good work on resisting the fast food! Personally, I love pizza and ice cream and have had to deal with having that and a ton of other food around me, but it has been pretty easy to resist so far.

Day 7 - 1/4 done

So weighed in today and I am at 129.5. So that is a total of 7 pounds. I’d like to get down to 120, so I have about 10 more pounds to lose. I’m thinking that if I lose 3.5 pounds for the next 3 weeks I will get there. Or if I keep on losing one pound per day, I’ll be done in 10 days :slight_smile: wishful thinking…

I’m thinking of doing a fast tomorrow. I am going to decide when I wake up tomorrow, but I’ll probably do it. I’m going to be out and about tomorrow, so it shouldn’t be too bad. I didn’t do it earlier this week, because I am studying for exams rights now. Studying + Sitting all day long + Not eating = Not going to happen. So tomorrow is a tentative go.

Day 8

Still going strong. I weighed myself today - I know, I know I should have waited. BUT I am down to 129 - so that is a loss of 7.5 pounds!!

Way to go! Keep it up!