Biotest

Getting Married, Started V-Diet 2 Weeks ago

Hello,

I don’t like to write and nor publicly share my thoughts, but I want the results and I want to do everything possible to ensure that I will look good on my wedding day. So, here I go:

I’m getting married in early Sept and it’s a destination beach wedding. So, I have to get in-shape by mid August. I have already been working out and eating healthy for the last several months (I lost 13 lbs already), but I feel that I now need to step it up. So, here comes the V-Diet!

I am 35 years old, 5’4", 157 lbs and 28% BF. My goal is to get to 145 lbs and/or less than 20% BF. (I used to be avid T-Mag reader and gym rat when I was 25 years old.)

I had my first protein shake this morning in 6-7 years and it wasn’t a nice experience. But, the shake did taste much better than what I remember. I am thinking to reduce the amount of water to 12 oz instead of 16 oz so that I can finish the drink a lot faster.

Ok…I will go have my 2nd shake now and then start the Monday Beginners workout in about 2 hours.

Wish me luck!

Cheers.

More pics

Last pic…

Good luck! Great motivation for the V-Diet if I might say!

As far as shakes go, I was originally making them small so they go down fast, but in the end I made them larger so they were thinner and were actually easier to drink. If you can, throw them in the fridge for a few minutes and the taste seems to be MUCH better. Your gonna have plenty of time to experiment :slight_smile:

Congrats on getting married soon too!

Alright, I am almost done with day 3. I have to say…not so bad. I reduced the water to 8-10 oz, added some ice, and the protein shakes taste pretty decent. But, I am not such a fan of the raspberry Surge.

I did the second workout today, but I feel that program is too light in the gym. I’m used to cardio in the morning (almost every morning) and weights every other day for an hour per day. So, it is a bit difficult to accept the reduced workouts, but I am keeping the faith in T-Nation. In fact, I got off the metro one stop earlier today just so that I could walk more.

Next week will be difficult as I will have to travel the whole week for business and we have 3 team dinners planned.

If that program is too light chances are you need to push the weights up and make sure your following those rest periods exactly. (not sure if you mean the actual workouts or the “idea” of the program on second thought). But either way! If your doing the workouts right, it’s def. not too light in the gym, it’s actually some of the harder stuff I’ve ever done if your willing to push yourself as hard as possible.

[quote]AsherBE wrote:
Alright, I am almost done with day 3. I have to say…not so bad. I reduced the water to 8-10 oz, added some ice, and the protein shakes taste pretty decent. But, I am not such a fan of the raspberry Surge.

I did the second workout today, but I feel that program is too light in the gym. I’m used to cardio in the morning (almost every morning) and weights every other day for an hour per day. So, it is a bit difficult to accept the reduced workouts, but I am keeping the faith in T-Nation. In fact, I got off the metro one stop earlier today just so that I could walk more.

Next week will be difficult as I will have to travel the whole week for business and we have 3 team dinners planned.
[/quote]
What are the weights and reps you are doing? Like KC said, if the workouts are done properly, it is extremely rare that anyone says the workouts are “too light”.

@hockeydawg & @KcThrows

Thanks for coaching. Yesterday I said, fcuk it and I just added some extra weight and boom…I felt the difference. I was pushing myself before, but - in retrospect - I think I was holding back a bit.

I am done with day 6 and i feel good. I making progress on the scale and my clothes are getting looser. The shakes are nice actually. But, I did have to cheat twice on the diet.

On friday afternoon, I drank half a beer with an old client. I was planning to get a tea, but we went into a famous old school bar. It was just to weird to get a tea, so I got the smallest girliest beer possible. And then this evening, I checked into my hotel (for a biz trip) and they had some nice fresh fruit on the table for me.

I couldn’t resist so I ate an apricot and then I hid everything else away. Out of sight, out of mind. this week will be tough to stay on the diet due to biz travel, but let’s see if I can keep the power.

wish me luck.

[quote]AsherBE wrote:
I am done with day 6 and i feel good. I making progress on the scale and my clothes are getting looser. The shakes are nice actually. But, I did have to cheat twice on the diet.

On friday afternoon, I drank half a beer with an old client. I was planning to get a tea, but we went into a famous old school bar. It was just to weird to get a tea, so I got the smallest girliest beer possible. And then this evening, I checked into my hotel (for a biz trip) and they had some nice fresh fruit on the table for me.

I couldn’t resist so I ate an apricot and then I hid everything else away. Out of sight, out of mind. this week will be tough to stay on the diet due to biz travel, but let’s see if I can keep the power.

wish me luck.

[/quote]
Do you want honest feedback or do you want a “Rah Rah, sugary, hang in there buddy.” response?

Honest - for sure, but I get the point. you are right.

Today was the first day on my biz trip. (I am faculty for an internal training course for our more junior members.) And, I did good on the diet. Stuck to the plan. I avoided the cafeteria during lunch (stayed in the room to have my shake) and then avoided the get together at the bar after the course.

I did the V Challenge today and it felt good…I’m getting the results and it feels good.

Today is the last day of Week 2. I just did my morning weigh in at 151.5 lbs. I started at 157.

The shakes are easy to drink and I have no will power issues anymore. The only thing that is hard is that on some days I get really hungry between shake times… Otherwise, things are decent.

Cheers!

Nice job getting through those business trips on the v-diet. Half way there man!

Keep thinking about the wedding to motivate you. Everyday is a battle, win it!

Today was supposed to be the end of the 4 week phase. But, I got ill for 5-6 days and I broke the diet and stopped working out. I hate being sick during the summmer!

While I was sick, I didn’t continue to lose fat, but at least I did not gain weight. I will extend the program for another 5 days to make-up for the lost time. I should be done with this first phase by Saturday.

I am 149 lbs right now, and my waist has dropped a couple of inches already. Some of my suits are too big now.

Cheers.