Biotest

Genotype Diet?

Chris,

I’ve searched the site a bit for posts on the Genotype Diet by Dr. D’Adamo but I haven’t found much. Do you have an opinion on this concept of tailoring your diet around your blood type or ‘genotype?’

From everything I’ve read, it’s largely bunk. I’m pretty sure that no one’s genotype says to eat junk food and excess sugar, and that’s why most people are fat.

[quote]roheney wrote:
Chris,

I’ve searched the site a bit for posts on the Genotype Diet by Dr. D’Adamo but I haven’t found much. Do you have an opinion on this concept of tailoring your diet around your blood type or ‘genotype?’[/quote]

I’m actually doing a Diet with some conponents of the blood/Genotype Diet and I am completely overwhlemed by its positive feutures!!

It’s incredible it really helps your diet out.

Per example: I’m Blood Type A and I’m not suppoesed to be eating red meat: as soon as I eat red meat I have a lot of troubles to getting up the next morning and feel incredible tired.

Anothe impressive example is black chocolate: As blood Type A black chocolat boosts your energylevels (I relly go crazy with squatting after eating a bit of black chocolat) and helps you tu intensify your workout.

I gave a piece of black chocolate to my friend which is blood type O and he didn’t feel any energy boost at all. Nothing, just no reaction…

I’ve learnd a lot about that diet, so if you have any questions let me know…

[quote]The_Machine wrote:
I’m actually doing a Diet with some components of the blood/Genotype Diet and I am completely overwhelmed by its positive features!!

Per example: I’m Blood Type A and I’m not supposed to be eating red meat: as soon as I eat red meat I have a lot of trouble getting up the next morning and feel incredible tired.[/quote] So,
if you feel energetic after eating potatoes (a BIG NO-NO for Blood Type A) will u continue to eat them, or eliminate them from your diet just because some chart says so ?

[quote]tolismann wrote:

[quote]The_Machine wrote:
I’m actually doing a Diet with some components of the blood/Genotype Diet and I am completely overwhelmed by its positive features!!

Per example: I’m Blood Type A and I’m not supposed to be eating red meat: as soon as I eat red meat I have a lot of trouble getting up the next morning and feel incredible tired.[/quote] So,
if you feel energetic after eating potatoes (a BIG NO-NO for Blood Type A) will u continue to eat them, or eliminate them from your diet just because some chart says so ?
[/quote]

You can’t stick 100% to the Bloodtype diet at the end of the day, you’re still doing Bodybuilding weightliftin, etc…

Potatoes should be a big no no for Blood Type A, but since they’re optimal for Insulin-Sensitivity (they only break down in Glucose) I still add them to my plan, but just twice a week as a variation to rice & Quinoa. The Bloodtype Diet allows you to eat things you shouldn’t as long as you don’t overdo them.

But generaly I try to eliminate anything which doesn’t fit my bloodtype, except if it has great benefits which at least even out the harm!