Biotest

Geekycheetah's Velocity Diet Log

Seems like it’s time to suck it up and get serious.

I’ve done the V-Diet once before for 10 days and not only dropped 6 lbs but a good 2 minutes off my 5 k time.

This time around I’m going to go for the full 6 weeks.

Truth is, I’ve been slacking. I’m still in good shape because I play semi pro volleyball, but nothing compared to when I ran the 400m in college.
So it’s time to face the facts and drop a lot of excess fat.

I’ve got a good strength background. I’m about 30% of my strongest days of competitive powerlifting:

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2001/04/19/sports/hawaiibeat.html
http://www.usapowerlifting.com/newsletter/06/results/hawaii.html

It’s the volleyball off season now, so I’m training to come back more generally fit in everyway.

My plan is to lean out using the V-Diet and then add a 12 week strength training phase, followed by a full 12 week 400 meter training phase.

I’m doing this because it’s where I have the most experience and have gotten the best results in the past.

My first major challenge is keeping a log.

It’s been my biggest down fall.

I’ve avoided public tracking all my life. So fear #1 faced.

My start date for the V-Diet is today, September 8th and my end date is October 19th.

I took a couple (kinda lame) before and after pictures this morning. I just got back from a trip to Bali, so this is probably the worst shape I’ve been in over the past few months.

It’s a great place to start.

Okay so day 1 I was coming off a major sugar high and my moods were all over the place.

I went down to the beach and played two games of beach volleyball followed by a short swim. I was actually pretty tired playing, but I’m sure that is from the jet lag.

As for eating… I didn’t even make it to the VDIET yet.

I had a ping pong ball sized slice of pineapple and two Costco salmon burgers, and a lot of water with Mio in it.

Then I fell asleep for most of the rest of the day (I just came in from Bali yesterday so my sleep schedule is all over the place).

Making a protein shake right now, and am about to order the rest of my supplements.

So total for the day:
2 Salmon Burgers
ping pong ball size slice of pineapple
Protein shake - 26 g protein, 2teaspoons coconut oil, 1 cup water, handful of ice

First day score B for the mostly all protein day but not sticking with the plan.

Weight check-in
11:40 Sunday night

Day 2… getting better B

Do you ever just wake up and wish your “To Do” list (which includes the VDiet right now) had a nice fat line through every item?

Today was like that… but in the words of Martin Rooney… “when others ran out, I decided to cook up a fresh plate of discipline.”

I’m not sure I came up with a full plate, but I at least got on the bandwagon.

Meals today:
7 chocolate protein shakes - 26 g protein plus 2 tsp coconut oil.

Had 1/3 cup almond butter throughout the day (that can’t be good)

Workout was pretty easy - need to up the weights for next week.

Bentover Barbell rows at 115 lbs x 4 sets of 5
Overhead squats at 95lbs 4 x 5 (need to add 20 - 30 lbs)
Dips (no where to do full dips so had to use a bench and do the easy cheater version x like 20
Ab roll out - from the knees for 4x5 and I felt extra wussie the whole time.

Still pretty jet lagged, but the workout felt good.

Day 3 was a B I’d say…

Did 3.5 miles fast walk in the morning

Did shakes all day, except for 1 piece ckn (okay I had the skin too lol) and 1/3 cup peanut butter

Man I was sooo tired going to sleep after lifting and BJJ (I did an hour pretty light)

Day 4 I woke up sore and tired

Did 2 protein shakes in the AM

Lunch time at work I did 1/3 cup hummus and some raw veggies (couple carrot sticks, some brocoli, and some celery)
Did 2 eggs (deviled so must have been mayo in there) and 6 slices roast beef

Had 2 protein shakes in the evening and 3 tsp PB

Didn’t get my walk in but got three games Beach volleyball in and I’m off to do my lifting right now.

It’s nice doing shakes for the most part because I’m so busy at work and I don’t have to think about it.

I have to say, it’s only day 4 and my energy has DOUBLED. Mental and physical. It’s like my brain fog is lifting.

Even playing volleyball without carbs in 4 days… I was killing it in the sand. Something to think about…