Biotest

Gastrointestinal Upset w/ the V-Diet?

I recently completed the Velocity Diet - I lost over 22.5 lbs of body fat - I’ve never gotten this lean this quickly before. Surprisingly, I had no real “adverse effects” - except for exceptional fat/ weight loss.

I do have a question - one of my training clients recently embarked on the V-Diet based on my results, but just a little under a week in and he is having quite a bit of gastro-intestinal upset - and this is throughout the day according to him. He has no known milk allergies, but hasn’t drank milk regularly for years.

I am wondering if it could possibly be due to some sort of milk allergy (again, not a known allergy for him as of now) or intolerance to lactose. I am curious as to your thoughts on this, as I haven’t read of anyone else with this experience.

Could it be as simple as taking a Lactaid type supplement?

Thanks in advance.

Define gastro-ntestinal upset.

i am lactose intolerant and have irritable bowel syndrome. i intend to start the VD-iet in a week or so, but am nervous about it on account of my stomach.

i’d suggest getting lactase enzyme (the pure enzyme, not the Lactaid pill or any other thing… just vitamin shoppe brand or some other trusty brand name pure lactase enzyme). take one a few minutes before a shake. if he is still having trouble, he can up the dosage…
that’s how i’m intending to get through my diet. let me know how it works!
dan

I didn’t think Metabolic Drive had lactose…? Your GI upset may have been because you are used to different foodstuffs. I know when I have the milled flax seed I may sometimes have a little nausea.

I would speculate that some of the feeling is the ketosis from being in such a low carb state; this is what the personal trainer director at my gym told me, when he suggested I go very low carb for two weeks, not four :slight_smile:

[quote]krinsh wrote:
I didn’t think Metabolic Drive had lactose…? Your GI upset may have been because you are used to different foodstuffs. I know when I have the milled flax seed I may sometimes have a little nausea.

I would speculate that some of the feeling is the ketosis from being in such a low carb state; this is what the personal trainer director at my gym told me, when he suggested I go very low carb for two weeks, not four :)[/quote]

Metabolic Drive does have lactose… Whey and Casein are both milk proteins… Casein is generally a more severe problem for folks who are lactose intolerant. I’ve definitely found that to be the case, personally, although I know take a lactase enzyme pill before any Whey protein as well (in addition to before any casein shake)…

hey, any news from the Original Poster?
dan