Biotest

Garlic Soup (Sopa de Ajillo) - HSM Recipe

Here’s a recipe I tried over the weekend. Not exactly sure if it counts as an HSM, though.

PARTS:
garlic cloves (the more the merrier, I used at least 20)
chicken thighs (You could also use breasts but I prefer the texture of dark meat)
stock (I went with vegetable stock but any stock will do)
paprika (this is very important. Splurge on some Spanish pimenton or Hungarian paprika)
jalapenos,avocados,cilantro (if you want some flavorful greenery)
eggs

1. Slice up half of your garlic. Toss the garlic and a cooking oil of your choice (I used butter) into a soup pot on a medium heat.
  2. Stir occasionally until the garlic is mushy. if it starts to turn brown, lower the heat.
  3. Toss in as much paprika and you feel you can handle
  4. Now toss in a little more. This is the backbone of the soup’s flavor.
  5. Drop to a low heat and put a lid on the pot
  6. Now chop up the meat as finely as you’d like. I went with no bigger than my thumbnail.
  7. Toss the meat into the pot, increase the heat to medium and cook it until the chicken bits are done.
  8. Toss in the rest of the garlic, stir a little, toss in the stock. It should be enough to go about an inch above the ingredients
    10.Raise the heat and wait til the concoction is at a rolling boil. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-MDwCiW5ig)
  9. Now reduce the heat til it’s barely simmering (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O_fdBvyV7o)
  10. Crack your eggs into the pot on top of the other ingredients. (this will sort of poach the eggs). Put the lid back on. If you want a runnier yolk, turn off the heat now. A firmer, almost hard boiled egg? wait 2-3 minutes then go to the next step.
  11. Chop up the jalapeno, avocado and cilantro. Add these to the bowl you’ll be eating out of. (I tossed a little lime juice in there too, for flavor)
  12. Turn off the heat and serve up your soup!

The eggs will have formed a sheet of egg on top of the soup, but just use your spoon or ladle to cut it apart. Ladle the soup on top of the green stuff in your bowl and enjoy your meal.

I coupled it with a spinach and wild green salad topped with salmon and a basic balsamic vinagrette (balsamic, olive oil, tiny bit of grainy mustard)

I’m pretty sure I stayed in the ballpark of an HSM but if I’m wrong, please let me know.

Sounds great

Yeah this sounds pretty awesome, I may give it a shot this weekend.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.