Biotest

Gaining Weight

So I started the V-Diet last Saturday. I actually have Crossfit membership and I don’t want to pay for something I don’t use so I have been going about 4 days a week. This week being no different. On top of that I have also been doing the recommended workout plan as prescribed for the V-Diet. I have been careful with the Surge recovery though, and have been doing about an hour to hour and a half of Nepa per day.

Anyhow, I weighed in last Saturday at 228, and I weighed in today at 230. Could this be muscle increase. I haven’t really noticed any changes in the tape so what gives?

First, you’re breaking the V-Diet rules a bit by doing two training programs at once: CrossFit and the V-Diet plan. Not advised. More is not always better, especially when dieting hard.

What do you mean you “have to be careful with Surge Recovery”?

Many V-Dieters do see muscle gains, especially since this is a higher protein diet than many are used to, and it also adds post-workout recovery, which many have never done before. Both lead to muscle gains, an important part of any long-term fat loss.

That aside, make sure you’re following the weighing guidelines exactly: morning, fasted, same scale, etc. There can be a 6 pound difference weighing at different times of the day.

If you think it’s simply a calorie issue - which usually isn’t the case except for very petite females - you can drop one scoop of the protein from the daily intake and halve the flax. Also make sure you’re measuring or weighing the nut butter component, just in case.

Hi Chris,

I remember reading a post about a guy who was training everyday, and your response was to be wary of adding the extra calories from the recovery drink. So thats what I was trying to avoid. On my workout days I usually get finished around 1830-1900, so I have been skipping the dinner shake. I’ll Keep a closer eye on things this week. Thanks for the reply.