Biotest

Frying Stuff

Hello All,

I’ve got a question related to frying. I know this method of cooking is usually frowned upon for numerous reasons, but I was wondering if this method could work with a few simple changes.

The oil: sub coconut oil for standard what ever
The wash: this would depend but I think omega three eggs and almond milk would make a good sub
The batter: almond flour, coconut flakes

Are these resonable subs? Has anyone tried something similar?

Thanks,
Jim D.

Yes, all those are good options.

Try them and drop us some pics!

[quote]sanshin wrote:
Hello All,

I’ve got a question related to frying. I know this method of cooking is usually frowned upon for numerous reasons, but I was wondering if this method could work with a few simple changes.

The oil: sub coconut oil for standard what ever
The wash: this would depend but I think omega three eggs and almond milk would make a good sub
The batter: almond flour, coconut flakes

Are these resonable subs? Has anyone tried something similar?

Thanks,
Jim D.[/quote]

Yep it works wonders! Take some pictures! You can use flax seeds as part of the crust too!

Cool, I’ll give it a try. I might not be soon, but I’ll definately let you guys know how it turns out.

One of my favorite recipes is simply strips of chicken breast, washed in eggs, coated in almond flour, and fried in macadamia nut oil. Keep the heat under control; anything higher than medium heat will ruin the oil.

Combine that with some homemade ketchup, Cronk, and I’m right there with you. Though I did use coconut oil instead.