Biotest

Fruity Popsicles

[center]You Suck, Ice Cream Truck! [/center]
I think ice cream trucks should be required to speed up when a fat kid tries to wave them down for a Choco Taco.

When the kid starts to give up, the truck should slow down a little, get the kid’s hopes up, then speed up again when he’s almost at the window. This should continue until fat-boy burns the 300 calories contained in the aforementioned ice cream novelty.

I’m so mean, I know.

I went through quite a few chocolate-banana Bomb Pops myself as a chubby kid in Texas. It was hot, I was hungry, and that damn ice cream truck seemed to park in front of my house, beckoning me every afternoon with its siren song.

It’s a small world after all
It’s a small, small world

Oh, the irony.

Well, it’s still hot, and I still get hungry. But as a not-fat adult and fitness expert, I no longer chase the ice cream truck down the block… but I do make my own, abs-friendly frozen treats sometimes. Check it out:

[center]Blueberry Ice Pops [/center]
Ingredients:

2 cups blueberries
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup whole or lite coconut milk (canned variety)
1 cup Splenda or equivalent of your favorite sweetener

Directions:

Blend all ingredients together and pour into ice pop molds ($3 at WalMart, or just use paper cups.) Freeze until solid. After a few hours, run warm water over them to coax them out of their molds, then prepare for ice-cream-headache bliss.

[center]Variation: Raspberry-Coconut Pops [/center]
Same as above, but use raspberries instead of blueberries, then stir in 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes before freezing.

If you’re on the <a href="http://velocity.tmuscle.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30#velocity-diet-3-0"target=“new”>V-Diet, you’re allowed one after your solid meal on HSM day. If you’re not on the V-Diet but want to avoid ice cream and stay lean this summer, then enjoy one of these bad boys whenever the urge hits.

PS: Rather have sorbet? Check out my old recipe <a href="http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/ice_cream_abs"target=“new”>HERE.

Very nice. I’ve been making soft service ice cream of my own. My favorite so far is 2 cups frozen blueberries, 2 scoops chocolate Metabolic Drive, 2 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa, 1 egg, and 1tbsp omega 3 butter. Add about half a cup of almond milk and blend.

You’ve gotta mess with it in the blender a little bit so everything gets chopped up. Otherwise you have to add more liquid and it gets runny. If you stick with about half a cup of liquid it stays thick and creamy. I’ve been experimenting with different fruits and protein flavors (strawberries, strawberries and blueberries, vanilla protein, etc). Been quite nice for hot days.

Edit: the chocolate blueberry variation goes GREAT with chunky peanut butter on a spoon.

DAMNNNN YOUUUUUU!!

[quote]duodie wrote:
DAMNNNN YOUUUUUU!![/quote]

Not HSM day for duodie, I’m guessing?

Hee hee.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]duodie wrote:
DAMNNNN YOUUUUUU!![/quote]

Not HSM day for duodie, I’m guessing?

Hee hee.

[/quote]

wuz yesterday! oh i did way better than my last hsm. hoora!

Of couse he parked in front of your house. The most reliable business is repeat business!

[quote]ViziVix wrote:
Of couse he parked in front of your house. The most reliable business is repeat business![/quote]

Hey, don’t tease the fat kids. We get revenge when they put our chubby asses on the offensive line in 7th grade football!

FYI, trying the ice pop recipe with pineapple soon. Supposed to hit 102 this weekend here in Texas!

Shoot, we get emails when the ice cream man drives into the office park.

Chris,

What a novel way of getting a fat kid to do interval training! Slow down, speed up, repeat…

Chris, woah! woah! Haven’t you heard? Wonder+ is the comfort of today and the nutrition of yesterday haha. Sorry, I just saw the commercial while I was reading this.

This is great. I’ll probably have to make it with raspberries and/or strawberries because my girlfriend hates blueberries. Does it make a big difference if you don’t use the coconut milk?

[quote]Perpalicious wrote:
Chris, woah! woah! Haven’t you heard? Wonder+ is the comfort of today and the nutrition of yesterday haha. Sorry, I just saw the commercial while I was reading this.

This is great. I’ll probably have to make it with raspberries and/or strawberries because my girlfriend hates blueberries. Does it make a big difference if you don’t use the coconut milk? [/quote]

I’ve only tried it with the coconut milk. Gives it its ice-creaminess compared to just being frozen water.

Pineapple batch is freezing now. Will post pics later.

Okay, took out the other blueberries, added pineapple – some blended, then a few big chunks for texture.

Wifey says this is the best batch yet.

Sexy freezer mold shot.

Adding pureed mixture to pineapple chunks…

Pretty good right out of a bowl too, so no need to go chasing down pop molds.

I just pour any leftover puree into bowls if it doesn’t fit into the molds. Heck, I may just ditch the molds.

fantastic

Next up, peach.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Next up, peach. [/quote]

And here it is. Turned out great. Made some into ice pops and just froze the rest in a Tupperware-type container.

Same basic recipe, just using peaches, 3/4 pureed, 1/4 left chunky.

Chris,

What kind of Greek Yogurt are you using? Just curious. I think that I have tired them all, and I don’t think that any come close to Fage. Just my opinion. Fage total is the best greek yogurt that I have tried. Have you tried straining regular yogurt to make it greek style to save on cost? I did it once and thought that it turned out well.

[quote]Wolfman155 wrote:
Chris,

What kind of Greek Yogurt are you using? Just curious. I think that I have tired them all, and I don’t think that any come close to Fage. Just my opinion. Fage total is the best greek yogurt that I have tried. Have you tried straining regular yogurt to make it greek style to save on cost? I did it once and thought that it turned out well. [/quote]

Fage is good stuff. For these recipes, I used a brand called Oikos by Stonyfield Organic. Can’t go wrong with either, though Oikos seems to be more widely available in regular grocery stores (at least here in Texas.)

And FYI, Yoplait is jumping on the Greek bandwagon. Saw their stuff today, wasn’t plain/unsweetened though.